Recommend me Snow foam

jimboy2

"Best" in terms of what?

If you want the best cleaner, either Car Chem (currently the cheapest & on offer until the end of Feb) or Bilt Hamber or Auto Finesse. None of which are particularly thick foam (Avalanche being the thinnest) but all offer far superior cleaning.

If you want something that just looks good but does little else then use Magifoam. I can't (in good conscience) suggest where to buy that though.

If you want both... then good luck with that. :teeth:

• Like 1

I've almost finished a bottle of Cherry snow foam which I got from eBay that works well and is a reasonable £15 odd delivered for 5Ltrs. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c3f0f7d03

:thumbs:

I had that one and have to say its rubbish in comparison to the Envy :lol:

Haven't tried the "Envy" one so I wouldn't know, ...are ignorance is bliss. :lol:

Using the Cherry one though the other day I can tell you it foams up extremely well, got off all the dirt film that was on my car and left it looking clean so I was happy enough with it.

Soon as it's all gone though I'll try that Envy out to see how it compares thanks. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I love using my snow foam, but lets face it, it's crap :lol:

It's a bit of fun, but doesn't really do much. You'd probably be better off getting a pre wash cleanser and let that rest for 10 minutes before power hosing it off and then proceeding with the 2 bucket method and a good soap :)

• Like 1

I've never been hugely impressed with snow foam. I use the valet pro stuff and it never really seems to shift any dirt. I probably expect too much from it, like not having to actually wash the car after using it! :)

You are. ;) It's a pre-wash, not a touchless wash. Although I've found the all of the VP offerings to be quite meh at best personally.

Kyle your spot on bud, I always recommend the citrus pre wash as opposed to foam and people who have sworn by snow foam for years always come back and comment how the citrus pre wash removes so much more dirt.

The problem with snow foams is the variables - how much is added to the bottle, if/how much it's diluted in the bottle, water pressure feeding the pressure washer, water pressure from the pressure washer, condition of the lance (assuming a proper foam lance is even used :lol: ), even the water hardness, etc, etc. Whereas Citrus Pre-washes are typically a set dilution through a spray bottle so it's a lot easier to get consistency from a citrus pre-wash.

I do agree that Citrus Pre-washes work better on coatings or unprotected cars than even a good snow foam does.

However I have found citrus pre-washes tend to degrade waxes considerably quicker than snow foams though, but cleaning power-wise I've not seen any difference in a good foam at the right PIR compared to a (good) citrus pre-wash on a car with a wax or sealant as it's LSP.

I found bilt hamber very good, not very foamy but does actually shift the dirt unlike these lush smelling cherry ones.... Bilt hamber smells of apple ;) I am currently using autosmart mousse can't remember what it's called. A mate of mine who is OCD uses it and recommends this, will report back when I've actually given it a go ;)

I must say the Envy products I've used so far (shampoo, APC, wheel cleaner) are properly brilliant. They may not have the sexiest boutique packaging of some manufacturers (or the price tags that go hand in hand with that :thumbs:) but they shift muck for fun. You could put it in a flasher bottle with a hipster name, charge double (I'm looking at you 50cal) and people would jizz off over them galore.

Funnily enough I've recently taken shipment of a gallon of Envy snow foam and am genuinely excited about giving it a whirl, possibly tomorrow :teeth: