Recommend me Snow foam

jimboy2

I must say the Envy products I've used so far (shampoo, APC, wheel cleaner) are properly brilliant. They may not have the sexiest boutique packaging of some manufacturers (or the price tags that go hand in hand with that :thumbs:) but they shift muck for fun. You could put it in a flasher bottle with a hipster name, charge double (I'm looking at you 50cal) and people would jizz off over them galore.

Funnily enough I've recently taken shipment of a gallon of Envy snow foam and am genuinely excited about giving it a whirl, possibly tomorrow :teeth:

OI! Leave 50cal alone, I have a garage full of the stuff :lol:

A465CAF4-B21B-4BDC-9928-E152BD50553F.jpg

They have just dropped their prices by about 30%, though and yes, they are nicely packaged and customers do pay a premium for it, but, damn do their products smell amazing :lol:

• Like 1

I must say the Envy products I've used so far (shampoo, APC, wheel cleaner) are properly brilliant. They may not have the sexiest boutique packaging of some manufacturers (or the price tags that go hand in hand with that :thumbs:) but they shift muck for fun. You could put it in a flasher bottle with a hipster name, charge double (I'm looking at you 50cal) and people would jizz off over them galore.

Funnily enough I've recently taken shipment of a gallon of Envy snow foam and am genuinely excited about giving it a whirl, possibly tomorrow :teeth:

A465CAF4-B21B-4BDC-9928-E152BD50553F.jpg

They have just dropped their prices by about 30%, though and yes, they are nicely packaged and customers do pay a premium for it, but, damn do their products smell amazing :lol:

I'm not against 50cal!!! :lol: None of their products I've bought have been less than good, they just know how to charge. 30% off might tempt me back on a few (but not the snow foam!).

• Like 1

I'm not against 50cal!!! :lol: None of their products I've bought have been less than good, they just know how to charge. 30% off might tempt me back on a few (but not the snow foam!).

To right they do! Their foam is good as far as foam goes, but is silly expensive, even at the lower prices. Their Tutti Fruity air freshener is amazing, though :D

Let up e know how you get on with it. Is it call bubbly jubbley?? Lol

Let up e know how you get on with it. Is it call bubbly jubbley?? Lol

Working from home today so cracked out the pressure washer :teeth:

It is indeed called Bubbly Jubbly and was £19 for 5 litres, which I think is decent value. I followed the instructions (not in a proper ilogikal1 "use a 10ml syringe" way) and measured the advised qualities with my eyeball :p

Here she is about 1 minute after I finished foaming. Not full on shaving foam thickness but thicker than Avalanche's paltry efforts.

764651b2-3bd1-4305-bcbb-7f69d7687491_zpsf123526e.jpg

IMG_5405_zpse4c5753f.jpg

Around the 7 minute mark.

604047d3-b352-4348-943d-bd85972b52e3_zps95b17f52.jpg

Around 10 minutes. I find that anything that clings to my paint that long without drying out, is doing well, unless she's particularly heavily soiled in traffic film.

IMG_5412_zpsead01093.jpg

IMG_5413_zpsfe56b2da.jpg

On a warmer day I would've started to pressure wash it off before 10 minutes. I was totally happy with it up to this point, smelled nice easy to work with. It's slightly runnier than I expected from a snowfoam, which meant it was a bit quicker getting it in the lance/

I don't expect snowfoam to eliminate dirt (it's not a touchless wash after all), but I do expect it to soften said filth up. The foam I rinsed off the side steps was discoloured with road grime (obvisouly this is good) and left them in good order (the foam you can see underneath is run off from the rear of the car, not the darker stuff I rinsed off the skirts).

IMG_5418_zps25344dd5.jpg

Some bird gifts remained, albeit reduced.

IMG_5421_zps95aa64b5.jpg

IMG_5423_zps398a6679.jpg

I could have shifted more off the wheels by getting the pressure washer in tighter but I don't like to get too close with it.

You can see where I have used my finger to test rub some of the muck away. I should say I did't have any proper wheel cleaner applied before this point and it's been many months since they were sealed. I was going to get the woolies on them anyway so again, this is purely softening work.

IMG_5420_zpsa32fb5fe.jpg

By the time I was done with the foam stage I was pleased with the Envy offering. Sadly I forgot to take a photo pre-three-bucket-wash, but if I was really pushed for time it would have been plenty clean enough for me to just open hose the car all over and leave it there. It wouldn't have been clean enough for me to be happy towel drying it at that stage.

Only a first use of this so I'll dabble with ratios the next few times and maybe try to thicken it up a little. My first impression is that I like this product enough for it to become my go to. Snowfoaming is more a luxury then a necessity so I don;t want to spend loads on foam. I'm yet to try the citrus based pre-wash cleansers, as I enjoy foaming everything with 30 feet of the house, so they could well offer better cleaning, however I always TBM after a foam so it makes little difference so long as the dirt is reduced and softened by the snowfoam I'm happy.

It also does't live forever on your drive if that is a concern, plenty do :) I'd urge you to give it a try, they do a 1 litre bottle so even if you don;t like it, you won't be stuck with it forever like I am with half a gallon of Megs hyper wash!

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

Nice video Stu. :thumbs:

Regarding Bubbly Jubbly, it's one that I've wanted to try myself... until now. Maybe it's just me, but I personally am somewhat weary of it now as it didn't lift the bird lime off, especially after a 10 minute dwell. I know you said that you didn't rinse the wheels off too much after, but the amount of dirt still on them puts me off this and there's some splash marks on the sill I would have expected it to lift off. From the video it doesn't look like you were too far from the panels (or wheels for that matter, I'm not sure I'd have got much closer than that with the pressure washer myself) so I wouldn't say from that, that the rinse was to blame for the lack of cleaning. :shrug:

Nice video Stu. :thumbs:

Regarding Bubbly Jubbly, it's one that I've wanted to try myself... until now. Maybe it's just me, but I personally am somewhat weary of it now as it didn't lift the bird lime off, especially after a 10 minute dwell. I know you said that you didn't rinse the wheels off too much after, but the amount of dirt still on them puts me off this and there's some splash marks on the sill I would have expected it to lift off. From the video it doesn't look like you were too far from the panels (or wheels for that matter, I'm not sure I'd have got much closer than that with the pressure washer myself) so I wouldn't say from that, that the rinse was to blame for the lack of cleaning. :shrug:

Don't be too hard on BJ. I'm going to go with a stronger ratio next time and see where that takes me. I think at this price it would still consititute good value at 5:1 instead of 10:1.

Also, due to working the last three weekends, that wheel grime and bird lime might have been there a while putting down roots...

:shameface:

^^ Very cool Stu, ....really need to have a play with my GoPro and try out the time lapse. B);)

If you do, see if it stops for seemingly no reason after a couple of hours.

Mine has done this twice now, with memory card space left and battery left. Just stopped :(

Don't be too hard on BJ. I'm going to go with a stronger ratio next time and see where that takes me. I think at this price it would still consititute good value at 5:1 instead of 10:1.

Also, due to working the last three weekends, that wheel grime and bird lime might have been there a while putting down roots...

:shameface:

Let me know how you get on with it at different ratios, please. I might still visit this at some point, but it's certainly dropped down the pecking order.