Protecting Motorsport Venues From The Middle Class Mafia

Stutopia

I'm not usually one for e-petitions but I know this is becoming a serious issue for motorsport locations where I've been on track days and they need the support of petrol heads and the wider sane community to protect the massive British heritage within motorsport and stop everyone being forced to enjoy the country in silence.

Please feel free to sign here, but only if you're on board.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/72458

Apologies if it's a re-post.

e-petition blurb

introduce mandatory noise complaint waiver for anyone who buys or rents a property close to motorsport venue

Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

There are innumerate cases of people knowingly moving within close proximity of motorsport venues, only to try to have their planning permission revoked or have them closed completely when they take exception to the noise.

It is extremely detrimental to the UK's motorsport heritage, when all the motorsport venues start disappearing. Motorsport and the associated mechanical/engineering business is a key British export and second to none in the world of motorsports.

As such, anyone who wishes to buy or rent a property within a determined distance of a motorsport venue should have to read and sign legislature that waives their right to complain about the noise from the nearby venue. If they do not wish to be bothered by something that was a fixture of the community long before they arrived, they should not move there in the first place.

For me, moving to a house near a known venue and moaning about noise is a bit like those people who live on flood plains and moan about floods. Do your research first :shrug:

Thanks anyone who signs up.

• Like 2

I could not agree more Stu. I have already signed it.

Look at Malory Park, only just got its license back and now only 8 meetings in 2015.

Brands is going through the same thing, only 6 days the GP circuit can be used for.

This makes me so angry.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

Just signed it Stu, I live a couple of miles from Mallory park and a once great race circuit has been ruined by newcomers moving to Kirkby Mallory and complaining. The local council (HBBC) didn't help either. It's one of my favourite circuits that ive done hundreds of laps around, a real shame.

• Like 1

I think Mallory was a bit of an exception as they were using the circuit more than their agreement which had been in place for a number of years.

I was fortunate enough to be let loose at Thruxton (motorbike), try getting on there these days, think its something silly like 90db :( A friends standard 911 C4S was tested at Combe at 98db as an example.

Signed :)

Great scenes everyone :thumbs:

Keep off the grass.

No running.

No ball games.

No fishing.

No skateboards.

No bicycles.

No diving.

No bombing.

Don't climb the trees.

Don't talk to strangers.

Don't go too far.

AND STOP MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!!!!!!!

"How come all you do is stay in and play video games????"

• Like 1

Signed. ;)

I remember Castle Combe had the same issue some years ago after certain new to the area residents complained over noise levels from the circuit. I wrote a letter to the local area MP and also signed a petition back then.

I mean Castle Combe circuit for example has been there for over 50 years!! Not like it just sprung up over night & started making noise. :dry: The residents knew this was the case when they moved in so it's tough sh*t if they don't like it.

• Like 1

Signed. ;)

I remember Castle Combe had the same issue some years ago after certain new to the area residents complained over noise levels from the circuit. I wrote a letter to the local area MP and also signed a petition back then.

I mean Castle Combe circuit for example has been there for over 50 years!! Not like it just sprung up over night & started making noise. :dry: The residents knew this was the case when they moved in so it's tough sh*t if they don't like it.

I believe that was headed up by that silly bint Kirsty Allsop wasnt It, who had just moved to the area!

Signed. ;)

I believe that was headed up by that silly bint Kirsty Allsop wasnt It, who had just moved to the area!

Can't remember tbh but I wouldn't put it past her from some of the other stupid things that woman has said & done. :lol:

One of my local farmers has the right idea. He has kept peacocks on his farm for dozens of years. A few years ago he sold some old barns to a developer and of course townies moved in. Since then complaints have been non stop. The latest concerns the noise made by his peacocks. He has been ordered by the Council to stop his peacocks making so much noise. All around his remaining buildings he has placed very nice laminated signs which read,"Peacocks. Please be quiet." Most people in the village think he has done more than enough to comply.

• Like 3

One of my local farmers has the right idea. He has kept peacocks on his farm for dozens of years. A few years ago he sold some old barns to a developer and of course townies moved in. Since then complaints have been non stop. The latest concerns the noise made by his peacocks. He has been ordered by the Council to stop his peacocks making so much noise. All around his remaining buildings he has placed very nice laminated signs which read,"Peacocks. Please be quiet." Most people in the village think he has done more than enough to comply.

:lol: Brilliant. :D

Well........... I live relatively close to a well known international kart track, they've all been there as kids developing their immense driving skills, Coulthard, Hamilton, Button and more. But, from 25 years ago, when it was a relatively small concern and the occasional Saturday/Sunday races happened for a couple of hours, until now, when it's almost Wednesday to Sunday, practice, qualifying and then racing, it does get on your tuppeny bits somewhat.

While I'm all for the development of these future stars, when all I want is a restful, peaceful Saturday or Sunday afternoon, they are getting noisier and it goes on for days.

So I can understand why there are complaints and noise restrictions are in place.

Not everyone likes the high pitched screams of motor sport, rammed down their hard worked for pieces of perceived tranquility. Nor should they stand for it.

As an example, if it were replaced by a noisy manufacturing plant, not all of you would welcome it. It's horses for courses, one mans Nirvana is another's Hell.

Not signed.

Well........... I live relatively close to a well known international kart track, they've all been there as kids developing their immense driving skills, Coulthard, Hamilton, Button and more. But, from 25 years ago, when it was a relatively small concern and the occasional Saturday/Sunday races happened for a couple of hours, until now, when it's almost Wednesday to Sunday, practice, qualifying and then racing, it does get on your tuppeny bits somewhat.

While I'm all for the development of these future stars, when all I want is a restful, peaceful Saturday or Sunday afternoon, they are getting noisier and it goes on for days.

So I can understand why there are complaints and noise restrictions are in place.

Not everyone likes the high pitched screams of motor sport, rammed down their hard worked for pieces of perceived tranquility. Nor should they stand for it.

As an example, if it were replaced by a noisy manufacturing plant, not all of you would welcome it. It's horses for courses, one mans Nirvana is another's Hell.

Not signed.

You been there 25 years, (Rye House I assume)

most of the circuit complainers have been there for 25 minutes...!! :surrender:

Not signed.

Totally understandable G, but this is about new people knowingly moving within close proximity of an existing motorsport venue, then trying to re-write local legislaton more aggresively against venues which have been in place before they arrived. Rather than existing residents trying to restrict a venue which is increasing it's level of sound pollution year on year.

• Like 1

Will, not Rye House, I'm in Scotland mate. And it's been closer to 30 years I've lived here, but it gets noisier and noisier.

Stu, yeah get that, but, your a genuine complainant whether a new resident or 30 years in, we've all got levels of tolerance. I've never complained though, but have been close to it.

• Like 1

Not everyone likes the high pitched screams of motor sport, rammed down their hard worked for pieces of perceived tranquility. Nor should they stand for it

I think Its a fair point to ask for a peaceful weekend on the whole. There are rules and regs for working hours in the building industry for example, 8 - 6 monday to friday, 8 - 1 saturday, I wouldnt want a building plot next to going 7 days a week all hours.

Your also right, not everyone likes motorsport noise, but, you would have to pretty simple to move within range of a motosport track operating within Its restrictions and then complain you dont like the noise or think its too loud. As a purchaser they didnt do a very good job of assesing the situation of noise levels so on their head be it imho and that is all this petition is asking, not that it is allowed to get louder or more frequent as in your case, just you waive the right to complain or petition further reductions if you have knowingly moved to within such locations, sounds very reasonable to me.

Edited by Jetpilot