Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

What a lovely Zed. Some great mods and some superb plans too. Well done :)

Thank you mate :)

Sweet Jesus forget my smooooth comment!!

Haha, have you been converted? :lol:

I think I've exhausted all Photoshops I could possibly do! :surrender:

I've done a little comparison composite of the body parts I have going on and how they reflect the 370z Nismo V2 I love the look of, but cannot afford :angry:

I'm pretty happy with the lines of the car and I hope it will look as good as I imagine it to and 370z V2-esque in 350 form!

composite.jpg

v3newblank.jpg

I now play the waiting game until late January to get these bits on and the whole car painted! Driving me insane...

The only thing left for debate is the colour - it will be a pearl white, but which!

Edited by Cal
  • Like 5

A lot of hard work has gone into this car, nice one. Looking forward to seeing how the next stage goes

Thanks mate, me too... The wait for respray is driving me mad!

Thought I'd contribute near the end as I know you're so indecisive - but the end results looks brilliant. Can I have my bumper back :lol:

I've decided mate, the Photoshops have settled it for me... Smoothed is all curves, narrow vents bring some angular lines to it and follow the lines of the spoiler side on, consistent with modern Nismo styling etc, I'm happy with all the bits I've bought are a great mix of curves and angular aero type stuff.

Time will tell, ha! Roll on late January!

Colour suggestions? It will be pearl white... Non negotiable, but will it be a standard Nissan colour; ivory pearl/QX1, storm white/QAB, or something like Ferrari Bianco Fuji or Lamborghini Balloon White?

Most of the pearl white paints iv seen are just metallic paint and you only see the flakes in certain light

If your looking for subtle then that's ok but personally if you were paying for a full respray I would go for something that's proper pearlescent like the lexus glacier frost

• Like 1

Looks very nice and different

You not bored with photoshop yet lol

Very much so mate, ha... I'm happy with my choices, I just want it done now! Done all the Photoshops I can possibly think of haha

Most of the pearl white paints iv seen are just metallic paint and you only see the flakes in certain light

If your looking for subtle then that's ok but personally if you were paying for a full respray I would go for something that's proper pearlescent like the lexus glacier frost

That is one of my choices mate, seen lots of photos of it but not in person. Very dramatic silvery white pearl with hints of blue and even pink!

Keep it OEM - QX1 or QAB Nissan white pearls.

Lamborghini Balloon White

Ferrari Bianco Fuji

Lexus Glacier Frost

I'd say the lexus paint doesn't really suit a standard car. But in terms if the depth of colour for a white iv not seen anything like it

Best to see one in the flesh cos that will be easier to find locally than a lambo/Ferrari pearl white

I know someone who had a respray on an R33, they went for an Aston grey in the end. But they said they went to almost every showroom out there before deciding on a colour. Might be worth doing the same

Spoke to the paintshop and he's going to try sort my sample testers this week mate :) 5 options... Not settled on the 5 yet mind! :surrender:

Also - always fancied black internal DEPO headlights, they just suit white cars so much better (ala 2015 Nismo 370z)

BUT - I've been talking to Z-Works in the States, and really fancy a set up like the below... Won't be cheap, someone slap me and say it's a waste of money?

1962598_1482962668622612_9089783771883621663_n.jpg?oh=60b527e6228b8119590f9d1ba7ec407b&oe=5533A39A&__gda__=1430420464_52bf86ae7b8ca5c4c9ab2e67d5e90be6

• Like 2

Spoke to the paintshop and he's going to try sort my sample testers this week mate :) 5 options... Not settled on the 5 yet mind! :surrender:

Also - always fancied black internal DEPO headlights, they just suit white cars so much better (ala 2015 Nismo 370z)

BUT - I've been talking to Z-Works in the States, and really fancy a set up like the below... Won't be cheap, someone slap me and say it's a waste of money?

1962598_1482962668622612_9089783771883621663_n.jpg?oh=60b527e6228b8119590f9d1ba7ec407b&oe=5533A39A&__gda__=1430420464_52bf86ae7b8ca5c4c9ab2e67d5e90be6

Don't be silly, worth every penny ;):lol:

I love it mate, the only thing that wont be as wow is the V2 front, I like the V2 front but the squarish front splitter doesn't flow with the rest of the car IMO. V3 would flow better but again the V3 front isn't to everyones taste. Either way its a cracking car :thumbs:

Don't be silly, worth every penny ;):lol:

Gah, they will hurt my wallet so much... But black housing and running those as DRL's will make the car look a lot younger than it is... Who am I kidding, I'll likely buy them :blush:

I love it mate, the only thing that wont be as wow is the V2 front, I like the V2 front but the squarish front splitter doesn't flow with the rest of the car IMO. V3 would flow better but again the V3 front isn't to everyones taste. Either way its a cracking car :thumbs:

I kind of agree with you mate, I was torn between V2/V3 in creating this 370z V2 look I wanted... The deciding point for me is that personally I think the V3 need to have the splitter in a dark colour - with the sides to match, and that continues onto the rear diffuser. I'm not able to with the Amuse sides/CS rear and don't want that two tone look.

The body has to be perfect before paint - there is still a chance I could change the V2 though, currently although it is done to death, I think it compliments the cars natural lines best,

The V3 in body coloured splitter on a light colour just doesn't work I don't think?? Not convinced I like the longer nose effect either... Hmmm.

347941d1361314157-post-pics-of-your-nismo-v3-front-bumpers-z_1_lr-1-.jpg

It needs the continuity of the dark lip all round...

19643400003_large.jpg

This is turning into a very, very nice Z! Well done Cal.

P.S. Get the lights 😉

Thanks a lot mate, I probably will haha... My poor, poor bank balance! :lol:

Just sat a rear thru this thread and what a great build its turning out to be! I have had some similar ideas for my car but making them reality is a little bit more difficult! I love the v2 bumper as they are and will defiantly be fitting one in the future, but the slim single vent idea you have looks pretty sleek! will be keeping an eye on this one..

Just sat a rear thru this thread and what a great build its turning out to be! I have had some similar ideas for my car but making them reality is a little bit more difficult! I love the v2 bumper as they are and will defiantly be fitting one in the future, but the slim single vent idea you have looks pretty sleek! will be keeping an eye on this one..

Thanks for the kind words mate :) will look out for your build thread!

Keep us posted on what happens with Zworks, I'm pretty sure there would be a fair few people interested in purchasing something just like that.

(Do they look the same for 04 cars?)

I will do mate - I'm not 100% yet as they're going to cost and I'm petrified of condensation issues! Yes, those are 04 onwards lights pictured, with LED mods.

Is it possible to have the splitter on the v2 completely flush with the bumper? That would make a difference IMO. Did you look at the 370 amuse gt front bumper?

You had me questioning the V3 over the V2, so I did a Photoshop albeit a very crap one... But I think it just doesn't work in a light colour with body coloured lip, it may grow on me. But love the simplicity of the V2... I like the AMS GT bumper, but think it has too many lines to go with the look I'm trying to achieve.

v2vsv3-1.jpg

LOVE THE LOOK :D

Thanks mate :teeth:

The v2 flows much better with the skirts

Not a fan of the v3. Although it does look better colour coded or with the darker colour on the sides and rear. Never liked the floating dark splitter look

• Like 1

The V2 does look a lot better on your car than the V3 :thumbs:

Agreed, as common and as boring it may be, I feel it's the cleanest, classiest looking front available still. Suits the look I'm going for and flows with the clean Amuse sides well. Cheers for making me question it though so I had to justify it to myself hahaha :blush:

The v2 flows much better with the skirts

Not a fan of the v3. Although it does look better colour coded or with the darker colour on the sides and rear. Never liked the floating dark splitter look

Yeah, my v2 came with carbon lip, just didn't look right. Hovering bumper...

Agreed on the skirts flow... Not many have V2/Amuse sides but found a couple of pics and they look great together...Clean and simple.

80-16114910822_2233d57de9_c_fdefd224f1c0894299c7fbb0c8161cbb3d015194.jpg

44A53B5D-AEA3-468B-A4B0-9EB79F6317F8_zps3kwdqkz0.jpg

• Like 2