Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

Loving the engine bay and agree 100% with the facelift lights, they are so much better and look much more modern. Cant wait for stage 3

Thanks buddy, looking forward to seeing some progress (but nothing too drastic, ha!) to yours too

Nice work Cal. Really like how it's all coming togetherðŸ‘

Thank you mate, nothing technically amazing like your work, just all style whore stuff :blush:

loving the pictures ! thanks for sharing !!!!!!!

No problem mate, thanks for looking!

Awesome Work Cal :clap: Please, just don't leave it 4 years until you share stage 3 with us :lol::p

I won't mate haha, been meaning to stick all that stuff up on here since I bought the car... It never happened, so you just got a flood of crap I've done over 4 years in an afternoon haha :blush:

Looks great Cal B)

Where did you get the wrapping done ?

Thanks buddy, the car was wrapped when I bought it, but the little bits I had done were done by Kev Gelsinan @ APM Customs in Cheshire, good bloke and good place to go for anything like that to livery etc.

Stunning mate luv everything you have done - all in good taste IMO :thumbs:

Thanks a lot mate, the work gone into yours has always amazed me! Wish I was that handy with spanners etc!

I think your Zed is my fav cal!! I just love everything you've done. Pure class my man... pure class. It's inspiring. I'm gonna spend some money right now!!...or when the wife isn't looking...... llke she is........ right now :blink:

Haha thanks a lot mate, awesome comment... But don't get into trouble on my account :stir:

Stage 3!

So, I decided for my new look, I wanted my car to look clean, fresh, classier, but still aggressive.

I wanted it to look like the earlier Nismo 370z's, but in good taste, using body bits I felt fitted.

I decided the carbon bonnet was to go... I loved it, but I wasn't sure about it fitting with the new look I had planned, it's the biggest panel on the car, and what better to show off some nice pearlescent paintwork that would be following!

Bonnet.jpg

I got the LMGT4's painted in Shadow Chrome - in the paint method I chose by experimenting on some interior plastics... Fresh decals and nuts again.

IMG_20140714_185014.jpg

IMG_20140723_223536.jpg

As a quick fix for my new look - I got the OEM HR bonnet painted to match the vinyl, the black primer looked ok for a while, but soon went like a blackboard in the elements!

I got the handles done too, as I'd gone off the black ones.

10479048_10152710038067448_3216159969137489719_n-1.jpg

handle.jpg

IMG_20140812_210502.jpg

Something wasn't quite right.... It was the carbon end caps on the spoiler - they worked great with the black handles, but now not so much, I wrapped these white myself, and it was beginning to look how I'd planned, clean, and fresh.

IMG_20140814_161137.jpg

Edited by Cal
  • Like 2

Great read and credit to you for some well thought out mods. Personally I much prefer the white bonnet as it gives the car a much better all round look. The black bonnet just drew my eye to the bonnet only every time whereas now I view the whole car which looks great..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 2

I bought the DEPO crystal indicator lenses, and had them tinted to 35% light through... Really happy with them!

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

I sold my V2 to spoiler to JAY1R, I've always been tempted by a spoilerless rear - but I'm now truly put off, it just doesn't suit mine!

4-2.jpg

And on to all the stuff I've bought to achieve the 370z Nismo-esque look I'm after...

nismo370zreview002.jpg

nismo370review_02_opt.jpg

- Chargespeed rear bumper with carbon diffuser ( I think I'm going to smooth the vents for a cleaner look) - Thanks Ian Wasso!

- Nismo V3 spoiler with brake light - Thanks Tarmac!

- Amuse Powerhouse side skirts.

- 370z side repeaters.

I wanted more moden, cleaner lines to the car... Hopefully this will work for me.

I haven't seen this combination anywhere before - luckily I'm a graphic designer and can Photoshop different elements together! So below (ignore wheels, headlights, colour etc) it's hopefully what the body will look like!

1.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Cal

Great read and credit to you for some well thought out mods. Personally I much prefer the white bonnet as it gives the car a much better all round look. The black bonnet just drew my eye to the bonnet only every time whereas now I view the whole car which looks great..

Thanks mate! I didn't at first, it was a stark change... But I agree, much cleaner! Your car looks great btw, love the wheels/rear!

Thanks Cal, pleased with how she looks but itching to do something else. Just at the thinking/planning stage. I have a lot of time for owners who carefully plan their mods rather than just go straight in without any thought and you have clearly taken that approach. Have a good Christmas.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Thanks Cal, pleased with how she looks but itching to do something else. Just at the thinking/planning stage. I have a lot of time for owners who carefully plan their mods rather than just go straight in without any thought and you have clearly taken that approach. Have a good Christmas.

Thanks mate, and yourself!

The spoiler in that last pic- is it a v3 or from an r35?

Did you not fancy a colour change if your going for a respray?

It's a v3 mate, though it does look similar to both the Nismo 370z and R35 spoiler - both newer cars, so hopefully it will modernise the car with the look I'm going for.

Colour wise - I love it white, I just think it suits it... at the moment, it is vinyl ambulance/fridge/stormtrooper/Corsa Limited Edition white and I don't like it at all :blush:

I want a warmer, deep pearl white... The Storm White QAB on both the 370z and newer GTR's is lovely, and/or the earlier Ivory Pearl/Pikes Peak QX1.

Other options I'm considering are;

Warm/Vanilla Pearl Whites;

- Lamborghini Balloon White

- Ferrari Bianco Fuji

- Toyota Satin White Pearl

- Mercedes Diamond White Pearl

Whiter/Cooler Pearl Whites;

- BMW Mineral White

- Lexus Glacier Frost Mica

- Lexus Starfire Pearl.

I've bought some speed shapes for testing, and will hopefully choose a colour in Jan :)

Edited by Cal

Looks like some great changes coming Cal. Personally I quite like the vents in the chargespeed. It makes it stand out from the others in my opinion :)

I'm in two minds... If they were a bit more subtle like the 370z ones I'd consider it, not so bad on a black one like yours mate but on white the vents will stand out so much more.

Currently I think smoothed will tie in better with the very smooth V2 front end and sides, I'd likely keep the vents if I went for a V3 front as it has side markers, but I'm not sold on the V3 front.

• Like 1

Stunning s real credit to you

Thanks buddy, I've had a quick look at photos of yours and it looks a very nice Ginge!

Nice selection of bits to go on there, if you like the vents on the 370 why not just have the body shop reshape the chargespeed ones?

That's the joys of fiberglass! Either way I think it's going to look good

Now you and Chirag have got me thinking.... If the bodyshop could knock out the divider bar and narrow the width of them as they're far too wide compared to the Nismo style ones... Hmmmm!

Photoshop to follow! (I do this a lot by the way haha)

post-9278-137914498735.jpg

car looks great mate, top work!

Thanks a lot mate :)

Omg I'm in love with that car. Best iv seen so far. How much did u say uv spent ;)

Haha thanks mate, I have no idea how much... Dread to think, but not half as bad as some members on here, ha! Edited by Cal

Fantastic looking zed Cal, every mod you have done has been spot on in my opinion. Love it!

Thanks mate, that's nice of you to say!

As discussed above - I've never been fond of the Chargespeed vents (at least on my car, as there is nothing similar elsewhere on the body)

The whole look I'm going for is like the V2 Nismo 370z, and that has vents, but a different style to the CS ones, perhaps the bodyshop could modify them slightly and look something like the below.

Opinions please folks! As always, I'm uncertain! :lol:

CSEdits.jpg

Cheers for the feedback boys!

The more I look at it the more I like it, and it'll be nice that I've done something a little different to the now OEM (ha!) rear bumper.

Single vents look great on the Nizz 370z and the new Merc's and other sporty modern cars... So is in the right direction of clean, classy yet aggressive look I'm trying to achieve!

• Like 1