350z Owner moving to the UK

Hello! My name is Michael and It feels great to be here.

Anyhow, I currently have plans to move from the US to the UK and I was wondering if it would be a wise idea to bring along my 350z or sell it and get a new one there. I do understand the roads over there are quite different from the ones we have back here in the states.

Thoughts?

post-23358-0-32742800-1416613693_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard Michael. :welcome:

Personally I'd say sell your Zed and buy a new one when you get here. Plenty of good examples here to chose from.

Definitely worth removing any decent mods from it though before the sale so you can transfer them to your new Zed once you get here especially as some things are a lot cheaper to buy from the US than here. :thumbs:

Welcome Along :wave:

Having moved from the UK to Canada, you will find the roads scarily small compared to the US, especially the B-roads :drive1 but that being said . . . I think the UK roads are way more fun for a car like the Zed B)

The only thing to think about would be the steering wheel being on the wrong side, mainly from a overtaking, accessing car parks point of view . .. . and since you are American . . . . drive through's :lol:

You could probably sell it for more in the US, taking in to account the shipping costs and EU conversion required (lights etc) you can get a decent one when you get there for less money . . you never know might stretch to a 370 :teeth:

• Like 1

I agree with what the others have said, sell it and buy a new one once you get here. Apart from shipping costs and converting the lights there are other things to consider. You'll only be allowed 12 months before you will have to register your car with the U.K authorities and then it'll need U.K number plates a MOT (Ministry of Transport Road Test) and taxing. You will almost certainly get a Zed that's a better spec than the one you have too :) . Bear in mind that your U.S drivers licence is only good for 12 months so you'll have to pass a U.K test , but that shouldn't be a problem. As far as roads go then yes, they are different to those in The U.S. You will find that our Motorways are very similar to your Freeways or Interstates, just much busier. You'll also find lots of roundabouts and things that you're not used to as well, for example you can't filter out at traffic lights when they're on red. U.K cities and towns are laid out rather haphazardly compared to The U.S where you use a block system. Other differences, well, minor roads can be narrow and twisty and there are fixed and mobile speed cameras everywhere but this helps to make our roads much safer than pretty well anywhere in the world. Wearing seatbelts is mandatory and the use of cell phones while driving will lead to a fine and points on your licence. Fuel here is not cheap either, its sold in litres and costs twice as much as you pay for it in The U.S. One thing you'll find familiar though is that we are the only other country in the world apart from yourselves that still uses miles to measure distance. Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your move.

Pete