Putting Car In 5th Instead Of Third

bytespc

I've never missed 3rd and hit 5th whether it be on the road, track, quarter mile. It's really not hard lol

Neither have I until this motor and I had a few and driven a whole lot more.....it's happened twice and always on a fast change from second to third my serious issue is could my gate be worn...but hey lets just take the **** instead. ....

Taken in the best possible taste.....crosses legs

I dropped from 6th down to 3rd to get past a lorry today, and whoosh, I had passed it.

Can't believe how quick these cars are :)

I once accodently changed down from 5th to 2nd at about 70....in a Capri 2.8i :surrender: . In a couple of cars I've had in the past, can't remember which ones but a long time ago, I've almost managed to get it into reverse instead of 4th :scare: . I must admit I frequently and purposefully go from 4th to 6th, especially where there's a 60 limit.

Pete

I did that.

Once.

When I was 11 and sat on my Dad's lap whilst 'driving' his Transit.

:p

Shame on you - go and sit on the naughty step for another hour!!!!!

The only saving grace is you owned up - but I'm still ashamed of you!!!!

I can honestly say that in my newest car I will never make this mistake!!! Never never ever!!!!

Gota love a sequential box :p:lol:

• Like 4

Seem to remember Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond both say they were shifting into 5th instead of 3rd when driving a 350Z on Top Gear. Obviously have much better drivers on here. :notworthy:

That's right it's on you tube I bet.

Seem to remember Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond both say they were shifting into 5th instead of 3rd when driving a 350Z on Top Gear. Obviously have much better drivers on here. :notworthy:

Is that the one where he also complains about the bass from the sub thumping him in the back?

It's another problem with the Zed that Clarkson nailed straight away. I had to replace my sub due to the massively over the top spinal bass pain it was causing me every day.

Is that the one where he also complains about the bass from the sub thumping him in the back?

It's another problem with the Zed that Clarkson nailed straight away. I had to replace my sub due to the massively over the top spinal bass pain it was causing me every day.

Oddly enough it was on Dave today, ginger soft top, Audi tt