is Uprev worth the money?

lbeddowscbr

Have you done any mods firstly?

Personally I don't think it's worth doing at all until you've done a few performance mods so that you will hopefully see more of an improvement over the car as standard, ...although as standard there will still be some improvement (from a better throttle response as the standard Nissan ECU reduces throttle response in the first few gears) it just won't be as noticeable imo as if you've replaced the standard more restrictive parts first.

Basically do: air intake, exhaust, Cats, and plenum spacer minimum.

After I had my UpRev done the biggest difference for me was the throttle response in the first few gears ~ another plus is the 155mph limiter removed should you find yourself on a disused runway or the Autobahn. B);)

Personally I don't think it's worth doing at all until you've done a few performance mods so that you will hopefully see more of an improvement over the car as standard, ...although as standard there will still be some improvement (from a better throttle response as the standard Nissan ECU reduces throttle response in the first few gears) it just won't be as noticeable imo as if you've replaced the standard more restrictive parts first.

After I had my UpRev done the biggest difference for me was the throttle response in the first few gears ~ another plus is the 155mph limiter removed should you find yourself on a disused runway or the Autobahn. B);)

I'd say definitely, it makes the car feel extremely responsive. I'm not sure changing the Cats is necessary though. If you are intending to change the Cats then yes do that first, but otherwise the plenum spacer, air filter and a cat-back exhaust will be enough IMO.

I'd say definitely, it makes the car feel extremely responsive. I'm not sure changing the Cats is necessary though. If you are intending to change the Cats then yes do that first, but otherwise the plenum spacer, air filter and a cat-back exhaust will be enough IMO.

The restrictions coming from the CATS, so to get the most you need to change the cats. Other wise you have a nice free flowing exhaust, but it's blocked before it gets to the exhaust.

air filter is the one thing I shouldn't of changed. Stock box for max benefits.

I still stand by an uprev being meh.

Its 'worth' it in terms of making the car drive better but don't expect to get some sort of extra kick up the backside when you drive it out the garage. It is a very expensive route if you are looking for numbers, decent exhaust, sports cats, intake, spacer will cost you easily £1000+ depending on how many components you buy new then you add on the few hundred quid for the up-rev. It could cost you nearly £2k for what people seem to report on average an uplift of about 15-20bhp.

As long as you settle that cost in your head and understand its a drivability thing before you go do it all then you will be happy with the result.

I'm going to hdev tomorrow for a spacer, filter, berks cats and UpRev, I think it's only costing £1200 fitted. I've got a good feel for the Z now so I'll let you know my thoughts on how things improve in terms of numbers and performance.

• Like 8

I am going to have the Uprev done this Friday at Horsham Developments. I already have Cobra HFC,s and the full Cobra system including the Y pipe, pipercross panel filter as well. Going to have a upper plenum spacer as well.

Question I wanted to ask, is it worth having the lower plenum spacer fitted as well ?

I drive a 06 rev up.

I wanted it done to shift any restrictions - not that I whizz around at 155mph but don't like having things i can change forced upon me. I noticed the difference on low level gears and also improved economy - I have Fusitsubo exhaust/pop charger and had Abbey fit the plenum. Liklely to go for HFC's then do redo around Feb next year

I'm going to hdev tomorrow for a spacer, filter, berks cats and UpRev, I think it's only costing £1200 fitted. I've got a good feel for the Z now so I'll let you know my thoughts on how things improve in terms of numbers and performance.

Thats a good deal, you're only paying about £150 for labour :thumbs:

• Like 1

You still got the original exhaust on?

Any upgrade on the zed is worth it! It all comes down to what your goals are and importantly your pocket. Otherwise is very hard to respond to this blanket questions.

I for one have done full NA bolt-ons to sc and along the way full suspension and brake upgrade. I've recently sold my supercharger as I'm getting a bigger one but despite the loss of almost 200whp my zed still gives me goose bumps because of how incredible it handles and brakes. This is event more apparent now that I have the M3 V8 as a benchmark to compare.

With what I know now and if I was never going FI this will be my mods for fast road/trackday in no particular order.

- d1 throttle controller

- uprated airfilter with Revup box

- SS brake hoses and dot 5.1 fluid

- uprated pads eg PF or pagids

- full urethane bushes all round

-adjustable ARBs and DL

-adjustable camber/toe arms

- ultra high performance tyres(2+ sizes) on Rays

- good lowering springs or high end coilovers. (Cheap coilovers are not better than OEM dampers with high end lowering springs.)

- SS clutch line and 5.1 fluid

- SMF and LW clutch

- shed weight wherever you can

- decats/y pipe if you need more noise but not as I type exhaust.

After all this lot then I will consider Uprev remap for which you need atleast:

- decat/HFC

-y pipe or full cat back exhaust

It's not cheap and that not looking at cosmetic enhancements👀

You really need to plan what you want or leave the car as is, slap some cosmetic personal touches and enjoy it.

• Like 1

On the 350 i would say definitely yes it made a noticeable difference on my old 55 plate.

What made it more apparent was when i had it removed so i could transfer the licence onto the 370. Simply put it felt like someone had put a pillow over the accelerator and in addition i lost some top end.

It was a worthwhile upgrade but i know for others they felt little difference

You still got the original exhaust on?

Yes, it's new so it shouldn't be hard to unbolt.

Edit, it's the OEM exhaust but quite new.

What he means is, you may want to consider an aftermarket exhaust before a remap. De-cats and Exhaust is where you will see most of the gains come from.