Am I the first?

JetSet

No, mine fell off yesterday. Just going to take the one off the bike now and I`ll take the wifes out of her Mokka when she gets home from work. Think I`ll leave the one in the MGF since that ran out in 2008 and makes me think it really is about time I got it back on the road again every time I see it.

Stanley hasn't got one yet and I guess he won't be getting one now :) I posted Mr Zedder's and the Unnamed Fiesta's discs off yesterday and it felt odd, knowing that it was the last time I'd ever have a paper tax disc. Hopefully, the new system will be better though and certainly less stickers on my windscreen will be good. I hate stickers on the screen and have already had to peel two off Stanley :dry:

Stanley hasn't got one yet and I guess he won't be getting one now :) I posted Mr Zedder's and the Unnamed Fiesta's discs off yesterday and it felt odd, knowing that it was the last time I'd ever have a paper tax disc.

If you do get one, keep it, could be worth a bob or two as it'll be one of the last.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2736865/Tax-discs-abolished-October-old-ones-worth-bob-two.html

Pete

• Like 1

Peeled mine off this morning about 6:45 as I set out for work, ran out yesterday so perfect timing

of course I still had to pay the extortionate fees to stay on the road though, feeling just a little bit more ripped off now though as I won't even get a paper receipt, just a email saying thank you for being mugged :lol:

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

I heard if you've still got months left on it, it still needs to be displayed?

Also i've seen someone post somewhere that someone was asking 'do i need to get my tax from my insurance now or do i just wait to get it with my MOT?'

REALLY??? lol

I got my tax yesterday I thought you could pay monthly? apparently not so paid the lot as usual, I got a receipt as went into postoffice...anyone want to buy an aluminium tax disc holder? :lol:

I thought it could be payed monthly too but after checking the gov.co blah blah website the option to set up monthly DD comes in from 1st November so I'm gutted as I had to shell out £260 for 6 months tax, skint now :( roll on payday

Edited by tatooandy67

Taxed the BM for 6 months last week when I picked it up. Hopefully DD will work as flawlessly in NI as I'm sure it will on the mainland because we currently still have to produce our insurance at the Post Office when taxing.

Stanley hasn't got one yet and I guess he won't be getting one now :) I posted Mr Zedder's and the Unnamed Fiesta's discs off yesterday and it felt odd, knowing that it was the last time I'd ever have a paper tax disc. Hopefully, the new system will be better though and certainly less stickers on my windscreen will be good. I hate stickers on the screen and have already had to peel two off Stanley :dry:

Mine ran out in September so had to have a new one, cheeky feckers sent printed one son A4 paper with no perforations and instructions to cut it out!! :lol: