Seriously considering getting rid of the Zed :(

hensh65

After watching the video Alex put on about building a GT-r I was winding the misses up saying I was going to buy one. Went on for while until she actually had a knife ready to stab me :lol:

Anyways we continued talking and think it might be a good time to let her go.

I got itchy feet a few months back and was looking but nothing took my fancy. Both my best mates got a new car within the last 2 weeks which really has me wanting a new car.

The next car has to be faster and have back seats and be around the 15K mark. I looked at a couple of Caymans but with the money I am spending its not going to get me a car vastly different from my car.

I have mailed a company about their Evo x FQ-300 this morning and waiting on a reply. Anyone had one of these or been in one?

On a side note I will no doubt be Px but if someone was interested then you can always drop me a pm if they want the zed.

Not 100% convinced but it could be time.

Mate honestly, I couldn't see one car that was better than the 350 in all departments. The evo gets me a back seat and is much faster. It also looks to have slightly better fuel running costs(not a factor but I can tell the misses this :lol: )

I looked at the A5 3.0 tdi but its slim pickings and the mileage is really high for what I want to pay.

Here is the one I am looking at. http://www.autosalescars.co.uk/used-cars/mitsubishi-lancer-2-0-gs-fq-300-4dr-kirriemuir-201406034710401

Sometimes you just feel the need to change. No harm in that.

Did the Evo Xs go to 10k service intervals, or were they still on 6k? No chance it'll do better fuel economy than a Zed though, they're worse than the equivalent Impreza and I can promise you they're much worse than a Zed! :lol:

What are the must haves/have nots?

• Like 1

Sometimes you just feel the need to change. No harm in that.

Did the Evo Xs go to 10k service intervals, or were they still on 6k? No chance it'll do better fuel economy than a Zed though, they're worse than the equivalent Impreza and I can promise you they're much worse than a Zed! :lol:

What are the must haves/have nots?

None :lol: 15K 2 seats/ 5 seats either. Cant have a vast array of parts available that I will end up blasting away modding again :lol:

An E90 M3 is better than the Zed in just about any way you care to measure it?.. And I think you can get them from about 18k these days so not massively outside your budget.

One of the guys I worked with got rid of his because it was never out the garage for electrical issues. Would love one though!

An E90 M3 is better than the Zed in just about any way you care to measure it?.. And I think you can get them from about 18k these days so not massively outside your budget.

One of the guys I worked with got rid of his because it was never out the garage for electrical issues. Would love one though!

better in every way is a matter of opinion, personally I dont think they look as good or as individual as a 350/370, plus the have some expensive common faults imo

Some things to watch out for on an Evo X the main one being the AYC pump. Somehow Mitsubishi managed to make them even more unreliable than the older cars, new they are £2.5K but there are alternatives to paying that much.

They need regular oil changes and there are a lot of badly modified ones around that can spell disaster for the engines, also as Dan says no way they will be better on fuel than a Z.

Saying that they are great fun to drive and a bit better inside than the older models.

• Like 2

Its good to try a different car mate, I was in pieces when I sold my Zed but had endless fun last year blatting around country lanes in one of the best road chassis out there in my VX220. My current car is tremendous for nearly 19 years old, looks stunning, loads of power, great noise and boot space for the buggy and back seats for Alfie. I do feel better for having tried some varied sports cars and don't miss the Zed anywhere near as much as I thought I would I am too busy enjoying the car I have at the moment.

• Like 1

So £15K, assuming it must be fun at least.

A Cayman would be significantly different from your car, in terms of handling. If you've never done MR, it'd be a great place to start.

Budget to run? You could get a 4200 for that kind of cash, but with no slush fund you might be taking a punt.

• Like 2

When I read your first post and you said "I was thinking it ws time to let her go" I thought you were refering to the Mrs !!. Good luck with whatever you go for next..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

get a RX7 with eleventy million horse power with a BGW :yahoo:

Great cars to be fair, but if you went down that route, stick with std twin turbo, cooling and breathing mods only, soon as you go down the single turbo route, it will bite you unless you are extremely lucky :)

Dont think I could pull a Jag off unless it was the XK8 or F type :lol: my dad has the 3.0 v6 s type so it would just look like I have nicked one of his cars :lol:

Luxery barge could be a shout Coldel!

Jay gone you swap your big yellow hing for that :p

Dan, what do you make of this? http://www.amverselect.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-cayman-2-7-2dr-airdrie-201408066386677