Seriously considering getting rid of the Zed :(

hensh65

Goal posts are changed, there is the possibility of me having to work in Edinburgh and not glasgow in the not so distant future. This means a lot more miles which means I cant really afford to run something bad on petrol. Kills me to even consider it but I went and looked at an Audi A5 at the weekend :yuck:

There is one that I think could make it an ok transition. the 3.0 tdi quattro, out the box its 0 - 60 is 5.9 while still returning over 50mpg. a remap sees them pushing over 600 ft/lb, clutch smashing power :lol:

Went and saw one at the weekend but it wasn't an s line and Ekona would have died on the spot seeing the tyres. rear tyres, one was a bridgestone and the other a good year, front tyres, one was a piliot sport 3 and the other was a budget with a tear out the side wall!!

No thanks but I am looking more into these.

Nowhere near 50mpg and IMO the BMW 335d or 535d's have better engines and are much better to drive.

Audi's have nicer interiors though.

Mine might be going this weekend against a f10 530d m sport. Would prefer a 535d but looks like he's offering a decent PX.

while still returning over 50mpg

Be careful with the man-maths here, it will not return anywhere near that if you will be using the loud pedal more than the bare minimum.

:lol: I didn't actually think I would be getting good MPG while it was being smashed about, I just tell the misses I am :thumbs:

after running the 350z in rush hour every day anything better than 20 mpg will be like heaven and the saving will go into mods to make it look less of a boring German rep mobile.

Yes its the exact same minus the wheels which are different. the S line comes lower than standard so that parts sorted. Plan is tints, roof wrapped black, spoiler, carbon diffuser, quad pipes, 19" TTRS alloys and a remap taking the power to 295bhp and 420 ft/lb. Hopefully it can at least break my neck with the acceleration or it will be heading head first into a wall :lol:

S Line AND 19" wheels? I hope you have a good chiropractor ;):lol:

Congrats matey, I love the look of the A5 so will be very interested to see how you get on with it :thumbs:

Cheers mate, surely nothing can be as bad as the 350z on rock hard stretched tyres :lol: Might stick with 18" as I have already been pricing up MPSS tyres, £130 a corner for the a5!!!

Have you driven it, and if so how did you find the handling? Not a fan of the A5 drive myself, dont know if being a quattro changes anything though ......... :)

They're surprisingly half decent to drive, I mean the zed is a lump of a car at 1500ish Kg and this is adding a further 100Kg onto that but with the quattro still feels quicker off the mark than the zed. As far as handling goes they are not in the same league. My Zed steering is very heavy in a good way, you get a good feeling throwing it about and it just doesn't seem to struggle unless you get a bit too happy with the right foot on exiting corners. I haven't actually been able to throw this into bends but I have heard that the Quattro has a lot of understeer dialled in (safety apparently) which is absolutely no fun. The steering feels much more aided and not as sharp as the Zed. I know my clutch was really have, as with the gearbox and the steering so I find it hard to really get a good feel for other cars other than noticing the clutch and gears aren't as heavy :lol: