Seriously considering getting rid of the Zed :(

hensh65

I've spent two years wondering what car I'd rather have than my humble 350z and basically, I can't think of anything.

I get what youre saying but up to £30K theres ........... M3 CSL, E92 M3, various M5's, M6, Z4M, Porsche Cayman, 996 (anything up to turbo), 997, Boxster, AMG SL/SLK, C63, E63, Jag XFR, XKR, Lexus IS-F, GT-R, Corvettes (various), Maserati 3200/4200/Quattroporte, Lotus Exige/Esprit/Evora, 3.2 Audi TT, RS4, RS6, GT86, VXR8, fast Range Rovers, TVR Sagaris/350/Tamora, Nobles, any number of Evos ............ and those are just the RWD cars out there.

If youre telling me none of that appeals to you then Id keep the Zed ;)

The one thing I have agreed with the misses is that when I get the next car I wont be tweaking it. If I bought a car and said, but I have still to buy the charger she would punch me straight in the face :lol:

I have no doubt it would be fun out the box but I think its too small IMO.

I could be rethinking what I am getting as this place I am looking at the EVO must get finance from a mob boss. He has just came back saying the monthly will be around £325. This is on basically 14K, what do you think of that?

The thing is though for little money you can get good power gains. I don't intend to as you will get the problem of putting pressure on other parts but its something I could do when I get bored.

Yes the whole deal is a bit rotten. £6.5K trade in for my car which is a 55 plate with 65 on the clock with 10 months tax and mot till next year. Makes me sick with the amount that been spent on it, but thats mods for you.

Putting 600 down ontop of my car which is bringing out the total to around 14K. Over 5 years I though that would have been aroudn £270/280? ?

Would it be cheaper just to trade in the car, find the cheapest loan you can i.e. Tesco loan or the like and go in swap the car plus cash? At least you are not defaulting to their finance deal? I remember Tesco loans having very low interest rates.

• Like 1

I might need to do that mate, I just don't know why they're so expensive and their website states that they wont use any other finance company other than the ones they're using at the moment. I could try and get the finance myself but I have never done anything like this.

I got the 350z of a small dealership and they got me a really good deal with Barclays, so just a bit annoyed as I really had visions of getting it wrapped up at the weekend. :rant:

The part exchange value for your car is about right hensh65, will be about the 6000-6500 mark since yours looks in great condition.

So you'd be financing £14k? I'd say that would be more like the 270/280 mark too over 5 years, must be making quite a bit from the finance.

• Like 1

The part exchange value for your car is about right hensh65, will be about the 6000-6500 mark since yours looks in great condition.

So you'd be financing £14k? I'd say that would be more like the 270/280 mark too over 5 years, must be making quite a bit from the finance.

Yes I was prepared for getting a rotten price as I never put all the mods on to make money at the end. But I was gob smacked when he said £325 over 5 years. If he said £280 I would have put a deposit on it there and then.

• Like 1

Yes I was prepared for getting a rotten price as I never put all the mods on to make money at the end.

The trade in price will be about 15% less than what you`d get if you sold it privately for a stock car. They never factor in things like mods and a lot of optional extras etc. or even if its got new tyres on it etc. Can you not take of some of the mods and sell seperately to gain some cash.

It is a pain trading a car in (unless its a knackered old one which you want to off load). When I traded my 350HR Roadster in nearly 3 years ago they gave me just £9k for it. It was totally mint, 39k on the clock, new MOT, new tyres, FSH. On top of that, it had every optional extra from new as it was an ex Nissan press car. It had the sat nav, GT pack, alezan, you name it. Didnt make any difference at all to the dealer, they just looked, saw 2007 350z roadster and thats the price. The annoying thing was, the glasses guide didnt even know what an HR was, so the prices were just for the normal 350z. Id spent all weekend detailing the car so it was immaculate, they couldnt find a mark on it. Dealer didnt even need to wash it and stuck it straight on their forecourt for £13k. But, for me whilst it meant loosing a good few grand, it was a quick no hassle sale without me having £12k of car sitting around for months waiting for someone to buy.

I am pretty sure that there would be a few people interested in the front and rear bumper but that would mean getting an oem bumper to replace. My car has had a full respray and doesnt even look slightly the same as the oem sunset orance so it would mean have 2 shockingly different panels.

• Like 1

TBH you wouldn't get more than 6500 in part exchange as they have to make money on the car when they sell it. Bank loan would definitely be cheaper. That finance quote takes the p*** though, maybe they made an error? I know there's going to be interest but at 325 for 5 years, that works out as if you're paying back 19500 for a 14000 loan. 5500 interest is a bit steep!!

TBH you wouldn't get more than 6500 in part exchange as they have to make money on the car when they sell it. Bank loan would definitely be cheaper. That finance quote takes the p*** though, maybe they made an error? I know there's going to be interest but at 325 for 5 years, that works out as if you're paying back 19500 for a 14000 loan. 5500 interest is a bit steep!!

When I posted it first I was half expecting people to say,,,, ehh thats what it costs for a 14K loan but yes its really steep. I have a lot of advice from the traders on here and one hopefully going to help me out in this predicament. This forum really is the best, if I do get rid of the Zed I can't wait to join the team of Dave, Dan and coldel and start bashing all your cars :lol: Kidding :)

• Like 1

Just worked out that would be 14% APR which is high.

Thanks for that, it clearly is too high. How can these small chains live charging that sort of money! Mental but I will continue on :)

They're probably living pretty well on charging that sort of money!! :lol::king:

The one thing I have agreed with the misses is that when I get the next car I wont be tweaking it.

The thing is though for little money you can get good power gains.

Screen-shot-2013-04-19-at-09.41.54.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM HEAD SHOT !!!!!!!

We all know for a fact what we tell the misses and what happens are 2 completely different things :lol:

• Like 1

VXT all day :) Looks great, goes like poo off a shovel .......HAPPY DAYS Great video of this one and amazing driving.......giving the GT3 a proper run for its money......well worth a watch, and crank the volume up :)

Edited by JEMAN
  • Like 1

An E90 M3 is better than the Zed in just about any way you care to measure it?.. And I think you can get them from about 18k these days so not massively outside your budget.

One of the guys I worked with got rid of his because it was never out the garage for electrical issues. Would love one though!

the m3's are bloody good but they're pretty common and you have to look like a thug to drive one (at least around here) B)
  • Like 1

An E90 M3 is better than the Zed in just about any way you care to measure it?.. And I think you can get them from about 18k these days so not massively outside your budget.

One of the guys I worked with got rid of his because it was never out the garage for electrical issues. Would love one though!

the m3's are bloody good but they're pretty common and you have to look like a thug to drive one (at least around here) B)

My local beemer dealer has an offer on atm. £600 off if you buy a £60,000 m3 new. I had to do a double take. Do they really think someone about to drop £60k on a car will be persuaded by £600 off..??!!!?

• Like 1

Just seen this! Noooo Kris, what are you doing?! Haha I've also had a gander for future reference before and it really is hard to find the same sort of thrills as the Z. You either get faster but duller and no nice sound etc or better handling and again...no excitment lol The Zed (even though flawed in areas) manages to pull off bits of everything; nice sound, very unique looking and eye catching, bucket loads of 'character', fast enough for most people, reasonable kit, good used prices to buy. Short of spanking £35K on something like a baby vantage/DB9 (riskylol), I can see why your struggling. Evos look good, nice presence off them in the flesh but I don't think it would be the same kinda fun somehow. Good luck with whatever you go for mate! :thumbs:

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1