Seriously considering getting rid of the Zed :(

hensh65

Dan, what do you make of this? http://www.amversele...201408066386677

Apart from the fact it's sold, it looks a solid car to me. Personally I hate the PCM2 sat nav but it's certainly desirable for resale purposes, and very rare in a 2.7 987.1. Car looks great in that colour, and has sensible wheels on too.

:lol: It wasn't sole last night!! aw well then!

I think when you start to have doubts, they are there for a reason! Its also easy to think that you could never top your current car you have invested so much time and effort into - but you will surprise yourself how easy it is to fall for the next car in exactly the same way!

I've always fancied an Audi S4. What about one of those?

Saloon ~ Link:

Estate ~ Link:

Very cheap now for the B5 Bi-turbos which leaves lot's of cash for mods; http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409157401279/sort/pricedesc/postcode/cf158rl/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/price-to/15000/page/1/model/s4/radius/1500/make/audi/engine-size-cars/2-6l_to_2-9l/transmission/manual/usedcars?logcode=p

Or you could just go for the 4.2 V8. B);)

• Like 1

I've spent two years wondering what car I'd rather have than my humble 350z and basically, I can't think of anything. Which is probably why I bought her in the first place. I'd need a budget of circa £40k to get me really moist over something fancier (R8, Vantage, Evora S, GT3 etc). But would I ever thrash something that expensive down country lanes and around circuits like a £6k Zed? Nope.

Or, I could go older with a Z3M, Alfa GTV or an NSX but could you thrash them like a 350z given their potential sensitivity and flakiness being 20 years old? No.

Have I got the the space, time or inclination to run a second car - a weekend Elise/Caterham toy? No.

So I'll probably just end up going for the default choice of a 370, maybe a Nismo. Yawn.

• Like 1

I've spent two years wondering what car I'd rather have than my humble 350z and basically, I can't think of anything. Which is probably why I bought her in the first place. I'd need a budget of circa £40k to get me really moist over something fancier (R8, Vantage, Evora S, GT3 etc). But would I ever thrash something that expensive down country lanes and around circuits like a £6k Zed? Nope.

Or, I could go older with a Z3M, Alfa GTV or an NSX but could you thrash them like a 350z given their potential sensitivity and flakiness being 20 years old? No.

Have I got the the space, time or inclination to run a second car - a weekend Elise/Caterham toy? No.

So I'll probably just end up going for the default choice of a 370, maybe a Nismo. Yawn.

I thought about the 370 but no offence to the 370 guys but i think mines is better looking than the standard 370.

I really am getting a lot of people saying im off my head for getting rid of it but i do think its time.

Evo x isnt on the same planet with regards to looks like the zeds but stamping on the loud pedal will help with that.

Looks are completely objective though, I am sure there are people out there that say the 350z looks dated and the Evo X is modern and more brutal looking.

I think back to your point of replacing the 350z, for your budget, there is a fair bit out there to choose from that will be faster and give you that buzz you need.

I have to say, if it wasn't winter coming up I would seriously recommend getting yourself into a VX220 turbo for 6 months before investing in your next daily/sports car - stunning handling, blistering pace and with the roof off a stunning experience all round until you drive one on the road its very hard to describe just how special it is!

Wouldn't rule out the VXT mate - same chassis - quicker than most versions of the Elise in a straight line - just minus the badge. You can go the factory turbo route or there are some lads on the forum who do a stage 1 supercharger conversion to the NA cars for something like £3.5k fitted. You could get a very good NA in the £8k-£9k bracket quite easily. They are smaller (hence the 6 month blat idea!) but the missus and I often went on weekends away with our suitcases in the boot.

In terms of looks, they are marmite, but with a lower set of springs and some tweeks they can look quite stunning :teeth: Always wanted a black one but ended up going red, love this pic :teeth:

vauxhall_vx220_turbo_by_doctorreplen-d6f5r0z.jpg

Edited by coldel