Ice Bucket Challenge

ioneabee

right most people will ironically start donating or care for a cause once a close one has had cancer how many people get cancer these days 15-16 million a year

the amount of people ever recorded with didmoad is is around the 500,000 mark

so going by what youve said cancer should get 320 times more donations than wolfram syndrome support group,

so by that noone one should donate to didmoad because noone in comparison is effected by it,

and that because people arnt effect because of it they shouldn't donate to it ?

i guess what im saying is my sister should die blind at 30 because people like you dont give a **** about it

It's not that we don't give a **** about it, as was pointed out earlier so many of these rarer afflictions are just unknown to the majority simply because of the rarity. I certainly had not heard of Didmoad until now. :surrender:

+1 it's not a competition on what is the worst disease/condition etc to have or the rarest... generally people will donate to charities that mean something to them, I doubt the ALS charity really means much to the masses, maybe I am cynical though :shrug:

Going to play the bad guy here, I am with SMD find this sort of thing wrong. That people are doing it not because they want to donate to charity, but more interested in just sticking a video on Facebook showing them getting doused in water. I wonder how many people would do it if they got doused in water but didn't post it on Facebook? None? Maybe, at a guess. Pick a charity that means something to you, donate regularly not just a one off, get no social media kudos...fair play if you want to, but shame that it takes social media peer pressure to do it.

...flame suit on :lol:

Not sure I agree with this for the majority of FB users. I did the Ice bucket challenge and the worst thing about it for me wasn't the bucket of water but the video on FB lol Still I did it and donated to a charity that I perhaps wasn't as aware of as other more commercially marketed charities. I am doing a 26 mile run for a cancer charity next month and that won't be published on FB. I think in this case FB has been put to good use.

P.S. I can put the you tube video up of Linus27 doing the ice bucket challenge if anyone fancies a laugh ;)

Edited by Kraziekatz1

Not really my thing, I don't even have Facebook I'm old but someone sent this to my mrs, made me chuckle

https://m.facebook.c...199098633470668

Parent of the year award nomination...

Doesn't look dubbed which makes it all the more sad....

I haven't watched it but if it was that toddler who swears like a navvy then I think it is really sad and, yes, what abysmal parents she must have :(

• Like 2

Not really my thing, I don't even have Facebook I'm old but someone sent this to my mrs, made me chuckle

I haven't watched it but if it was that toddler who swears like a navvy then I think it is really sad and, yes, what abysmal parents she must have :(

Meet the parents

B499DC8A-6F4D-4389-B857-DA621D936930_zpszwklg5bq.png

:lol:

Yep that's the one, but at least we don't give 9 year olds Uzi's :surrender:

Meet the parents

B499DC8A-6F4D-4389-B857-DA621D936930_zpszwklg5bq.png

:lol:

What have Bob & Netti got to do with it :shrug:

"I am smoking a FAG!"

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

No way I just said that to my mrs

No way I just said that to my mrs

"Fully automatic"

Things haven't changed a bit since Columbine have they :headhurt: