Ice Bucket Challenge

ioneabee

Can I just ask an honest question.

Would everyone still be shitting their pants in fury about this if the same amount of people did the challenge but Facebook didn't exist.

Methinks not one **** would be given of that was the case

It would have been on MySpace instead, or Instagram, or Vine, or Twitter

Meh......you know what I mean.

If the evil that is social media didn't exist.

Money for charity and a bit of fun.....I can't see the problem.

Spamming the world to death with videos of it ruins it because every miseryguts and his dog start getting on the moan.

I love this people are bored of seeing something positive happen

:lol: Yeah me too.

F**king wastes of space giving money to charities and trying to spread the word. Get a life. *sarcasm*

If you're bored of hearing about the "Ice Bucket" challenge then try turning Facedouche or whatever off. :dry:

Can I just ask an honest question.

Would everyone still be shitting their pants in fury about this if the same amount of people did the challenge but Facebook didn't exist.

Methinks not one **** would be given of that was the case

It would have been on MySpace instead, or Instagram, or Vine, or Twitter

Meh......you know what I mean.

If the evil that is social media didn't exist.

Money for charity and a bit of fun.....I can't see the problem.

Spamming the world to death with videos of it ruins it because every miseryguts and his dog start getting on the moan.

how dare these people have fun skydive and raise money from a one off event

how dare these people have fun doing a charity run and raise money from a one off event

how dare these people have in a bathtub of beans and raise money from one event

how dare people cycle across the world and raise money from a one off event

curious did any off these negative peoples donate to lydnzz when she did her skydive as she is not doing it ever month same as the raffle that was held at lakez or wales what a horrible way to raise money in a single event

What's not to like, more money the better, and Tesco need all the good publicity they can at the moment :)

Just shows how lazy people are though, could make their own ice and donate the whole £5 they just spent at Tesco :shrug:

Edited by spursmaddave

you lot will hate this

http://news.sky.com/...allenge-profits

What's not to like, more money the better, and Tesco need all the good publicity they can at the moment :)

Just shows how lazy people are though, could make their own ice and donate the whole £5 they just spent at Tesco :shrug:

does team marks and sparks just go out to find the worst in any situation :lol:

Why are there people on here telling others what they do / don't give to charity based on their participation in this challenge(I haven't taken part just FYI)? Really, your rationale seems to be in place to justify your own position and has nothing to do with the real world at all.

'I give to charity regularly and because you've randomly donated to a charity you may never have heard of before your donations means less, even though I don't know your own personal circumstances and whether or not you do indeed give to charity regularly'.

Uhh okay, well you continue to donate anonymously but don't forget to tell everyone when threads like this come up!

Every single time the naysayers have made a comment, we've backed it straight up with the words "Any money is a good thing". I'm not sure how many more times we can repeat ourselves.

I just don't feel that you should donate to charity because of peer pressure. You should do it because you want to, because you care about the cause. That's it.

• Like 1

Every single time the naysayers have made a comment, we've backed it straight up with the words "Any money is a good thing". I'm not sure how many more times we can repeat ourselves.

I just don't feel that you should donate to charity because of peer pressure. You should do it because you want to, because you care about the cause. That's it.

^

Exactly my feeling too and what I said from the start, can't see what the argument is about?

Tip a bucket of water over your head or not, whatever

Just donate some money to whatever charity means something to you and if you can continue to do it :)

• Like 1

good stuff :thumbs: , all i have is a news feed full of people putting buckets of water over there head for no reason

Opposed to team BGW who always see the best in everything :)

you notice it was reffered to tho just from water over there head and not donating/even saying the charity name

Edited by StevoD

good stuff :thumbs: , all i have is a news feed full of people putting buckets of water over there head for no reason

Opposed to team BGW who always see the best in everything :)

you notice it was reffered to tho just from water over there head and not donating/even saying the charity name

Yep I have said the same all along, we agree, I think you are mixing this thread up with all the others that we don't agree on :p