Say "YEAH" if you have recently pressed the magic button!

veeg33

Quick idiot question, the Zed is my first torquey RWD car so I've been on a learning curve coming from small engined FF and left the aids well alone.

If I'm driving in a spirited fashion and the light isn't flashing, is the power going down in exactly the same way with or without the button depressed, up until the point it actually kicks in to stop me doing something beyond my ability?

Currently I have the tyres that came with the car and they are terrible however entering a slow, small roundabout in the damp made with the TC on made me turn it off.

Back end stepped out a little as I turned in, TC dropped the power mid corner and all four wheels lost traction.

Wasn't driving like a tool doing less than 25mph after that I found an empty area and turned it off. Got a feel for the car, if the back end steps out I find in FAR more predictable to manage with counter steering than when TC kicks in.

Don't get me wrong with some sticky shoes I might feel very different but I doubt it.

If you can't manage the car without the driving aids then maybe a sports car is the wrong car for you.

P. S normally I don't feel I have to clarify, I'm not saying TC off all day but when spirited mountain driving is involved I find it cuts in when one of the wheels lifts on a bump etc. But day to day? Around town? In the village? It's on!

Edited by CJRamze

Quick idiot question, the Zed is my first torquey RWD car so I've been on a learning curve coming from small engined FF and left the aids well alone.

If I'm driving in a spirited fashion and the light isn't flashing, is the power going down in exactly the same way with or without the button depressed, up until the point it actually kicks in to stop me doing something beyond my ability?

Yes. :thumbs:

Dave you GMB made a few points which i want to give my opinion on as it feels like it was pointed towards me, there not meant as a insult just my observations im sure you will have yours

Steve, I love a bit of banter but please don't start trying to cause arguments stating things that haven't happened, just looked through the whole thread and the only person that has mentioned that turning TC off will cause you to die is you

I thought that was obviously a tongue in cheek post

Nobody has mentioned wallets and nobody has been patronising whatsoever apart again from you insinuating that people that leave it turned on do not know how to drive

Post 10 mentions wallets and post 5 if i was a new zedder and had someone telling me that i would find it patronising , at no point did i say people who drive with VDC on are poor drivers, and going by the tyre tread from months back that i pointed out not everyone drives hard yet you and mouthwash (who actually i seem to get on really well with now, maybe one day we will meet in person over a drink) had the opinion everyone drives hard, if your not confident in the car your in and you want to drive hard is that a good mix?

I am amazed that being such a poor driver I managed to do over 40k in my Zed and kept up with some very good drivers on the runs we did as a group

Hey i made it over 200 miles tonight with VDC off and didn't bin it once, did i call you a poor driver no ?

I don't take any offence because really I couldn't give a @*!#, amazing how this place has changed in the last year or so though

maybe i have miss understood this but if you dont give a **** why are you here? i dont give a @*!# about planes so i dont go on plane forums? maybe iv misunderstood that if so i apologise

please

Used to be a laugh now it just seems to be arguments when people just want to give their balanced view...

Fair comment but you and a few other members including my self on here are very fast to tell people there opinions is wrong or that it should be done the other way and still when they say why they've done for XYZ reason that there still wrong,

ie grundys brakes and the downgrading, it's his car if he wanted to do it to help get his wheels on let him do it don't repeatedly post that you think its stupid (you is collective for whos doing it not you dave ;) )

I don't take any offence because really I couldn't give a @*!#, amazing how this place has changed in the last year or so though

Used to be a laugh now it just seems to be arguments when people just want to give their balanced view...

I haven't been on here a year yet Dave but it's definitely changed a little since I joined some 9-10months ago.

Ive been here 2 years now and where i can see its changed people are doing things out of the expected old trodden roads, and people from before have to make there opinion known

Maybe some people just aren't getting enough loving in their lives or something but definitely feel like some are more confrontational then they need to be even over silly little things which is a shame.

as above i think this is down to the golden oldies love there old well written ways of Zed ownership, yet with a next generation of owners coming in times are a changing as is the way people own zeds, and when you've got one group saying it needs to be done this way and the other going no im doing it my way and it goes back and forth and heated, maybe im wrong but the confrontation comes from the older generation telling the younger guys what they 'should' be doing because they dont like the BGW or the stretched tyres on BMW wheels or people using it to smoke tyres.

I haven't been on here a year yet Dave but it's definitely changed a little since I joined some 9-10months ago.

Maybe some people just aren't getting enough loving in their lives or something but definitely feel like some are more confrontational then they need to be even over silly little things which is a shame.

Yep too many people thinking their way is the only way and treating other opinions or actual experience as a fight

Again it goes back and forth, person 1 says option a, person b says option 2, then person 1 gives reason why person 2 is wrong then person 2 gives his reason hes right then his reason why person 1 is right loads of pages and it eventually cools down, but again seem the older generation dont like what the youngers are doing tell them its wrong then youngers disagree,

To be honest ive got to a point where i know what ever i post i will have either one of you, ekona, Docrwa, GMB, LARFAN and a few others state that my opinion or what ive posted is wrong, you tell me im wrong im going to give reason im i think right, and i think im entitled to as are you the other way around? maybe people didn't return the posts before?

All these threads have been done to death before, I just like to make sure if its an opinion thing then both sides get equal discussion, thats not an argument its what a forum should be all about

Again something that to a degree needs putting in practise, like the tyre thread people gave there opinion on what was a good tyre and i gave my opinion that you dont need these tyres then 8 pages of people telling me im wrong , Another thing which is interesting is opinion and giving it is fine along as what goes with it is worthy, taking the yellow 350z on the stance thread a member ask what it is as he likes it and your reply in other words was it looks crap nothing worthy in that your entitled to your opinion but doesn't really bring anything to the table for this guy and he didnt ask for peoples opinions he just wanted to know what it was. which again from someone fresh to the forum seems a bit negative as in what's the point in asking stuff as all i get is someone telling me its @*!#

Maybe it's the hot weather

Maybe its time change like fashion people opinions differ and if one person is allowed to give theirs why cant someone give there opposed opinion with out the original person telling them there wrong, yes i will say im guilty to this but there is a good handle full of Regular visiting members who do the same but are maybe a bit to self proud to admit it,

Nice. I can keep learning about the transition up to and just over the limit but with the ESP on guard just in case.

I'm not too worried, I'm more Jenson Button than Lewis Hamilton. Smooth driving FTW!

You need to chill about a bit Steve, that's some serious issues you've got going on there. Why you've felt the need to drag me into it I don't know, I've not disagreed with anything you've said in this thread, have I? I've not picked on you, had a pop at you, quoted you, argued with you or anything, so I feel a tad aggrieved that you've brought my name up in a disparaging manner.

Granted, we don't always agree on things, but I didn't realise you thought that we were at loggerheads all the time: I never felt like that. I kinda see you in the same light at Docwra, in that we don't always agree on everything in the motoring world but I respect your opinion massively, and make a note to always read your posts as there's a lot of stuff I can learn from you.

Sometimes I do state that people are outright wrong, but it's either that they clearly are (four seats into a 350), or in a joking way that I clearly don't mean (if anyone dares suggest that Curly Wurlys are anything other that amazing). I'm quite hurt you feel that way about me, I always thought we got on pretty well on here. My mistake.

Anyway, TCS probably helps more people than it hinders, and common sense will always be more useful than a button on a dash.

Yeah Steve, nobody has disagreed with you , called you a bad driver, insulted you personally etc etc etc, so really no need for any of that quoting post...

You have just 'gone off on one' for no apparent reason? There is nothing patronsing in any of my posts on this thread.

You don't have to agree with people on here or get along particularly but it does not mean you have to look for an argument or take things personally just because you don't agree.

Like I said, the only patronising stuff I have seen is from you, only personal stuff I have seen is from you too, if you want to be clever or funny then it isn't working, look at my comments to docwra and his replies to see how it is done ;)

No doubt this is all a waste if time and you will see the last post from Dan and this one as proof that you are right and we are wrong :dry:

I have had plenty of disagreements with Dan (Ekona) over the years, he says things how he sees them and doesn't hold back, which I like, but sometimes he goes way too far, or at least used to, I think now he has mellowed ;)

Nice. I can keep learning about the transition up to and just over the limit but with the ESP on guard just in case.

I'm not too worried, I'm more Jenson Button than Lewis Hamilton. Smooth driving FTW!

Spot on and exactly how I drove my Zed, as a few others have said I hardly ever had the TC kick in during normal driving and even when having a fun blast it rarely lit up. I drove mine all year in all conditions so it did have to be turned off in ice & snow, used to sound like someone was under the car hitting it with a sledgehammer :o

I have had plenty of disagreements with Dan (Ekona) over the years, he says things how he sees them and doesn't hold back, which I like, but sometimes he goes way too far, or at least used to, I think now he has mellowed ;)

That's a horrible thing to say :(

That's a horrible thing to say :(

Only because it's true :p

After a full read of 6 pages where do I start, well no where, because just like Stevo I will get accused of wanting to start an argument for airing my views, its nice not being involved for a change, but maybe there is a common theme on who is involved with such "debates" ;)

Carry on :)

• Like 1

Post 109

Sorry if that came across wrong Dan but nothing was directed at you, your username was mentioned once as an example and i think that example or statement is true

"To be honest ive got to a point where i know what ever i post i will have either one of you, ekona, Docrwa, GMB, LARFAN and a few others state that my opinion or what ive posted is wrong,"

thats it nothing more nothing less, im not going to speak for others but im sure im not the first to notice it

Post 110

Again i haven't gone off one for no apparent reason you posted yours views that its now @*!# and i gave my reason and observations why i think you now feel that way,

The patronizing thing to me seems your moving the goal, and trying to force me and everyone to believe taht im the person doing so for the second time as you didn't want to acknowledge what i said in that post, New Zedder post that hes had fun turning it off then within 10 post hes got people saying he better turn it on if he wants to keep it, to me that's patronizing, Not sure if maybe you feel a bit insulted as you thought i was implying you said it, but i didn't say you said it . Not sure where you think ive been patronizing, if its regards to the "is it the right car for you" comment im not the only one to say it,

Other than the post replying to your comments which were directed towards me or you wouldn't have bought it up for a no reason i sure, i cant see anything personal?

If you think that post was just about this thread it wasn't its regarding the whole forum, and yea it has turned @*!#, its feels so hostile to post anything as below you get excused of trying to act like starting WW4

After a full read of 6 pages where do I start, well no where, because just like Stevo I will get accused of wanting to start an argument for airing my views, its nice not being involved for a change, but maybe there is a common theme on who is involved with such "debates" ;)

Carry on :)

so in not the only one that posts something other than the Well Trodden routes and get accused of trying to start an argument, as that's the easiest way of belittling you?

Mine whent off on the day i got it, and after that the yaw sensor got a switch that was permanently off, but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 1

Mine when off on the day i got it, and after that the yaw sensor got a switch that was permanently off, but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

Tell me more...?

It would be much better if it was off by default, with the option to turn it ON if you so desired.

EDIT; 'IMO' :D

Edited by ts743

I think its just that where a couple of years ago the vast majority of people were fairly similar in their background and experience, youve now got a much broader crowd - young and old, JDM/Modified/Stance experience, track heroes, drifters, stancemasters and its inevitable there will be some butting of heads.

I know Ive been quite confrontational in quite a few threads but Im not going to back down if someone is talking rubbish - Grundy's wheels thread is a good example, the guy was going to downgrade brakes because no-one knew what was possible with archwork ....... but when the arch advice is questioned and comments like "lower the car to increase camber" and "D2s are as good as anything else because they have the same adjustment" Im going to reinforce my point more directly. The fact I was right on that helps ;)

Theres also more people with more experience of forums that look at this as banter rather than direct insults, if someone has a different opinion then theres nothing wrong with some bants as long as its taken in the manner intended. However, if someone is downright wrong in what they are saying like their car is "pinking" on tickover then its in everyones interests to pull them up on it. :)

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1