Say "YEAH" if you have recently pressed the magic button!

veeg33

turn mine off when making progress up very twisty roads such as the other week on the stelvio for instance.. find that the inner rear wheel loses traction too easily on the hairpins and the cutting of the power is annoying so prefer to have a little slide out of each turn

• Like 2

Wow I love this forum don't fit mpss and you die, downgrade to Jdm brakes and you die , turn esp off an you die

This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post :lol:

Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash.

He would of been spot on :)

So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there ;)

I have a 1 in 3 chance of crashing, don't have MPSS :(

Thought you were fitting puny brakes too :stir:

Wow I love this forum don't fit mpss and you die, downgrade to Jdm brakes and you die , turn esp off an you die

This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post :lol:

Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash.

He would of been spot on :)

So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there ;)

I have a 1 in 3 chance of crashing, don't have MPSS :(

Thought you were fitting puny brakes too :stir:

Not anymore :)

IMG_2287_zps8e20e1f9.jpg

Surprised at all the comments voting for the TC to be on all of the time, it's terribly over-cautious / restrictive / over-enthusiastic on the 350, fine for the daily commute but if you wan't to drive the car (completely legally) for any sort of enjoyment it quite simply has to be turned off!

• Like 1

Surprised at all the comments voting for the TC to be on all of the time, it's terribly over-cautious / restrictive / over-enthusiastic on the 350, fine for the daily commute but if you wan't to drive the car (completely legally) for any sort of enjoyment it quite simply has to be turned off!

In your opinion maybe, but in a lot of others, mine included that is a load of rubbish :)

In your opinion maybe, but in a lot of others, mine included that is a load of rubbish :)

Not really a matter of opinion on this one, unless my TC is faulty / different to others (quite possible).

I think it's down to how you guys are delivering the power.

TC was on for me at Wales, bar a few parts. Never caused me any problems.

Granted the TC can kick in if you just plant your foot etc, but if you are in the correct cornering speed/gear etc, shouldn't cause you issues.

Not really a matter of opinion on this one, unless my TC is faulty / different to others (quite possible).

Yes it is a matter of opinion :)

The Zed has so much grip on decent tyres that you don't need to have TC off to have fun, unless of course fun to you involves losing traction :)

I found it much more fun taking as much speed into and out of a corner that is my opinion :)

Assuming there's nothing wrong with the car, then if the TCS is being activated during normal driving then the driver needs to make smoother inputs.

No real reason to either turn it off or leave it on really, it's all down to driver preference. Sometimes I turned mine off when I was in the mood for a more focused drive, sometimes I left it on when I wanted the Stupid Dan Safety Net on.

I think it's down to how you guys are delivering the power.

TC was on for me at Wales, bar a few parts. Never caused me any problems.

Granted the TC can kick in if you just plant your foot etc, but if you are in the correct cornering speed/gear etc, shouldn't cause you issues.

Exactly, not saying I always drove with it on but saying you HAVE to have it turned off to enjoy a proper drive is complete BS imo

• Like 1

I find it restrictive when going quickly, personally, I know a couple of other guys who do too. Out of interest, how often have the guys who drive with it on felt it fire on the front wheels?

I have seen you mpg comments, not everyone drives everywhere like their ar$e is on fire :p

If TC lights up then you are loosing traction yes?

As Ive long said, Christ only knows how those TVR drivers get away with it so much ;)

Quite, my Cerbera doesn't have ABS let alone TC. Certainly makes you respect the car and conditions a bit more.

I have seen you mpg comments, not everyone drives everywhere like their ar$e is on fire :p

Hey, I know Im not your average driver, I wouldnt use me as a yardstick for anything :lol:

TC is easy to get going with a heavy right foot, the front wheel thing (Id call it stability control myself) you only get when you are physically going too fast, or at least the car thinks you are. My missus drove it on track and didnt have it happen, I cant get very far down the road while "pressing on" without it happening ........

Hey, I know Im not your average driver, I wouldnt use me as a yardstick for anything :lol:

TC is easy to get going with a heavy right foot, the front wheel thing (Id call it stability control myself) you only get when you are physically going too fast, or at least the car thinks you are. My missus drove it on track and didnt have it happen, I cant get very far down the road while "pressing on" without it happening ........

I had the front wheel thing happen at Lydden Hill on a drift session, almost crapped myself when it started going towards the gravel on the big turn after the dummy grid!

I drive with the TC on mostly, I do think it can be a bit overkill the way power is cut from the rear though. The ESP is quite sensitive too. I noticed with it on, put the foot down in 1st or 2nd, trigger the TC light, then apply the brakes immediately. The ESP automatically applies ABS to the wheels as it thinks the car is spinning.

• Like 1