Say "YEAH" if you have recently pressed the magic button!

veeg33

ive missed so much today :stir:

Disclaimer : below is My opinion and its just a valid as yours, also this isnt aimed at those that go i dont see the point in turning it off its for those that seem to have the impression its dangerous etc

I am not safe to fly a helicopter so i dont

i am not safe to drive a train so i dont

i am not safe to ride a horse so i dont

If you dont feel safe in a car you should maybe be asking is this the right car for me?

60mph at 20% throttle is the same with or without TCS,

In fact in wet/cold weather having full control to power a slide straight, rather than it getting side ways oppo lock on then traction control cut in and you dart of into a bush could be more dangerous

Stating people shouldn't touch it if they want to keep there Z or it will hurt there Wallet is a load of tosh and rather patronising, Just because you don't feel confident to control it doesn't mean everyone is that way, so dont talk down to people.

Ekona

Spursmaddave

Mouthwash

other who seem to like being opposite from me i await your reply

NLlFxVl.gif

• Like 2

I've never turned mine off in 10 months or so of ownership, it has only ever kicked in a couple of times in that time (usually when I've already kicked the back end out a bit on a damp roundabout).

I'd be too nervous about sliding my car off the road I think...

Disclaimer : below is My opinion and its just a valid as yours, also this isnt aimed at those that go i dont see the point in turning it off its for those that seem to have the impression its dangerous etc

If you dont feel safe in a car you should maybe be asking is this the right car for me?

In fact in wet/cold weather having full control to power a slide straight, rather than it getting side ways oppo lock on then traction control cut in and you dart of into a bush could be more dangerous

Stating people shouldn't touch it if they want to keep there Z or it will hurt there Wallet is a load of tosh and rather patronising, Just because you don't feel confident to control it doesn't mean everyone is that way, so dont talk down to people.

Ekona

Spursmaddave

Mouthwash

Woah woah woah, that's English for stop a horse.

What do I disagree with you on? :o

Although sometimes you're a bit of a pleb.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

No real reason to either turn it off or leave it on really, it's all down to driver preference. Sometimes I turned mine off when I was in the mood for a more focused drive, sometimes I left it on when I wanted the Stupid Dan Safety Net on.

This

Just another note I drive without it on as the way my car is set up with large arb Harness bar coilover etc if I pull out of a junction with a a lot of camber it can lift one of the rear wheels enough so it spins vdc cuts in and I sit in the junction for a few seconds as a sitting duck

Edited by StevoD

turn mine off when making progress up very twisty roads such as the other week on the stelvio for instance.. find that the inner rear wheel loses traction too easily on the hairpins and the cutting of the power is annoying so prefer to have a little slide out of each turn

Of all the opinions expressed this ^^^ is the one that comes closest for me, apart from my failure to try out Stelvio to date :blush::lol:

• Like 1

Out of interest, how often have the guys who drive with it on felt it fire on the front wheels?

This again, anyone? You can probably guess the point I was getting at, if youre getting this happening then it is restrictive to your driving, if you dont know what Im talking about then it probably isnt.

As with Steve, Ive had the car fire the front brakes coming into a corner at Donington at about 100mph and I ****ing @*!# myself.

Ekona

Spursmaddave

Mouthwash

NLlFxVl.gif

Haven't seen anyone talk down to anyone on here :shrug:

Only thing I have disagreed with is comments that you can't have fun with TC turned on which is absolute BS!

Turn it off, leave it on what do I care I don't even have a Zed anymore, neither does Ekona :lol:

Just think that threads like this need to be balanced as new owners might read this and get poor advice :)

Just another note I drive without it on as the way my car is set up with large arb Harness bar coilover etc if I pull out of a junction with a a lot of camber it can lift one of the rear wheels enough so it spins vdc cuts in and I sit in the junction for a few seconds as a sitting duck

Maybe should have left the car stock then :p

Ekona

Spursmaddave

Mouthwash

Steve, I love a bit of banter but please don't start trying to cause arguments stating things that haven't happened, just looked through the whole thread and the only person that has mentioned that turning TC off will cause you to die is you :lol:

Nobody has mentioned wallets and nobody has been patronising whatsoever apart again from you insinuating that people that leave it turned on do not know how to drive :lol:

I am amazed that being such a poor driver I managed to do over 40k in my Zed and kept up with some very good drivers on the runs we did as a group :)

I don't take any offence because really I couldn't give a @*!#, amazing how this place has changed in the last year or so though :dry:

Used to be a laugh now it just seems to be arguments when people just want to give their balanced view...

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

I don't take any offence because really I couldn't give a @*!#, amazing how this place has changed in the last year or so though :dry:

Used to be a laugh now it just seems to be arguments when people just want to give their balanced view...

I haven't been on here a year yet Dave but it's definitely changed a little since I joined some 9-10months ago. :dry:

Maybe some people just aren't getting enough loving in their lives or something but definitely feel like some are more confrontational then they need to be even over silly little things which is a shame. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

I usually leave it on just in general driving, but with spirited driving like the recent drive we had over the Black Mountain to Builth it was off all the way. It does get in the way and got the front brake thing a couple of times when trying to catch up, so its a sign that's as fast as you need to go on the road. The old S14a had no such TC and that didn't spin into a fiery pit, in fact it was a great tool to learn and grow with. The Zed is more even more pliable and linear due to the lack of a huge glob of torque as the boost kicks in and the wheels in the corner balance.

I do think you need to be aware of the behaviour of the rwd car and not fear it. Plus it makes your car faster.

Edited by roscopervis

I haven't been on here a year yet Dave but it's definitely changed a little since I joined some 9-10months ago. :dry:

Maybe some people just aren't getting enough loving in their lives or something but definitely feel like some are more confrontational then they need to be even over silly little things which is a shame. :thumbdown:

Yep too many people thinking their way is the only way and treating other opinions or actual experience as a fight :shrug:

All these threads have been done to death before, I just like to make sure if its an opinion thing then both sides get equal discussion, thats not an argument its what a forum should be all about :)

Maybe it's the hot weather B)

Turned it off a few times but it stays FIRMLY ON lol. You do notice when its off and even my passengers say they can feel its a bit more 'nervous'. And obviously if you spin it round your like....ooh the grip, the griiiaaaahhhhh...and then you feel just how heavy the car is as it swings round lol. KEEP IT ON UNLESS YOUR IN OPEN GROUND :thumbs: or...are good at driving lol :p

Yep too many people thinking their way is the only way and treating other opinions or actual experience as a fight :shrug:

Maybe it's the hot weather B)

That's basically exactly how the "stance" thread went for the most part ~ did calm down eventually.

Could be the hot weather as some people do seem to get hot & bothered, ....I just get lethargic & sweaty. :sweat::lol:

• Like 1