Say "YEAH" if you have recently pressed the magic button!

veeg33

I hit the loud pedal hard to turn out of a junction and it came on briefly as the back slid and it corrected itself. I personally feel the TC is spot on, it never intrudes even driving quite quickly. My old 200sx tuned to 250hp with no TC would weave all over the place, I wished at the time this had TC. My last car a focus st running 290hp was like a disco, every time you accelerated it would make the TC come on, but I guess this is down to FWD as apposed to RWD.

had my zed 2 years and only turned it off twice... once when it was snowing and I was going nowhere with it on, and once to do a smoky burnout to impress some mates from work :blush:

other than that it never gets turned off on the road... if I ever take it to a track though i'll turn it off. the track car on the other hand, I think i'll pull the DSC fuse so its always off!

I dont think I had it on for more than a month in 7 years ownership :lol:

Ive got a slightly different driving background to most I guess, but I find its bordering on dangerous sometimes, its so agricultural and unintelligent :(

Test drove a 370 Nismo a couple of weeks back and the bloody light wouldnt go off at all, Id hoped for better TBH :dry:

Wow I love this forum don't fit mpss and you die, downgrade to Jdm brakes and you die , turn esp off an you die

As Ive long said, Christ only knows how those TVR drivers get away with it so much ;)

Wait until someone suggests a welded diff ........ :lol:

• Like 1

Wow I love this forum don't fit mpss and you die, downgrade to Jdm brakes and you die , turn esp off an you die

Has anyone actually said that you'll die if you switch it off? Or suggested as much :p take your time before you reply Stevo, I haven't had time to distribute my dictionary.

Edited by mouthwash

if its dry, quiet and i come across a large open junction i will pull away and let the back end out. But unless im on an air strip or something its nor worth turning it off.

Although i drove an S2000 the other day which doest have this assistant and it was very fun to drive. the z has quite some power and can get you into a tank slap if your not carful.

MY MOT PASSED TODAY!!! WHoo! one bulb needed changing !

• Like 1

I do like threads like this, nobody has said if you turn it off you die, just that most seem to prefer driving safely on the roads with it on and not lighting it up like a christmas tree every time they go near the throttle :lol:

Not saying anyone that routinely turns it off is unsafe, far from it, but no need to make anyone that leaves it on feel like an idiot either :)

• Like 2

As Ive long said, Christ only knows how those TVR drivers get away with it so much ;)

Wait until someone suggests a welded diff ........ :lol:

I have one of those! :D:thumbs:

I've only died once! :)

• Like 1

Its a very communicative car at the back end, if youve got the space then its worth a play and you'll realise how much warning it gives you before losing grip - its also one of the squarest cars Ive driven, meaning its quite difficult to go past 90 degrees unless youre being a proper tool. The torque available low down in the range means it can get you out of trouble as well as getting you into it too ;)

Bear in mind though that anything without gated access still counts as public road, if you get caught doing donuts in your local Tescos you could be looking at a ban .........

ETA - someone mentioned an S2000, thats a totally different prospect, if that goes properly sideways then its a lot more difficult to reel back in. I know, I nearly met the scenery at Spa while driving someone elses car a while back :scare:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post :lol:

Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash.

He would of been spot on :)

I do like threads like this, nobody has said if you turn it off you die, just that most seem to prefer driving safely on the roads with it on and not lighting it up like a christmas tree every time they go near the throttle :lol:

Not saying anyone that routinely turns it off is unsafe, far from it, but no need to make anyone that leaves it on feel like an idiot either :)

It works both ways really, the general vibe I got from this thread was if you turn it off you're a tyre burning hooligan. Retaliation was inevitable! :lol:

This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post :lol:

Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash.

So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there ;)

ETA - someone mentioned an S2000, thats a totally different prospect, if that goes properly sideways then its a lot more difficult to reel back in. I know, I nearly met the scenery at Spa while driving someone elses car a while back :scare:

I wish my S2000 had the TCS option on it.

Like you say, when that went, it went so quick and sure it was almost impossible to get back unless you were really on it.

I span mine something rotten at Spa once.

So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there ;)

I have a 1 in 3 chance of crashing, don't have MPSS :(