First World Problems

Ekona

Ah man, what a crap day. Trying to pack for my 21 day holiday to Florida, and I've managed to fill three suitcases with 22kg, 22kg and 21kg worth of stuff respectively already which is only just below the 23kg limit. Thank god I'm not flying cattle class and can take two cases per person, which will come in handy on the way back as I'm bringing a spare holdall to fill with goodies!* :D

Every day is a struggle, it really is. You can all give me your sympathy now.

*Up to the legal limit of £390, obviously Mr HMRC. ;)

• Like 1

:p

I've got a bag of clothes, Jo's got a bag of clothes, and I may or may not have taken my detailing stuff out with me to do my Mum's car whilst I'm there :blush: It's surprising how much all that stuff weighs!

Presuming this is for a family ?

Or a Red Cross supply run for expats ?

I Also have silly baggage allowance through FF status but must admit my rule of thumb is load heavy for Australia and the Far East and load light for the USA as you can get bits from Macys & Walmart a lot cheaper and better quality than over here including the luggage for the return Only heavy bits I take are the more formal stuff plus gadgets

Have fun !

Wow that's a lot of luggage! I usually just take what I'm wearing and underwear, a few pairs of shorts and a couple of t-shirts. Then I just buy clothes when I'm there! Loads of decent shops out there in Florida for shopping and it's a lot cheaper there too. Then I usually take another empty case to bring stuff back in! :D

It's only me and Jo going :blush:

We don't have a huge amount of spending money to buy stuff this time round, hence taking a lot of clothes with us for the trip. I'm not a massive fan of US clothing apart from the generic stuff like some Levi jeans for work etc, so I tend not to buy too much. Unlike Jo, who tends to buy everything she sees and then wonders why we can't get it all in her case.

Wimmin, eh?

I tend to take old clothes which are about good for the tip when I go on holiday, then the day before I leave I chuck them all into those bins where they recycle the fabric. Then I can buy all the rubbish I like and I'll have room. Obviously I take some nice clothes for the evenings etc

When I was in St Lucia I gave some locals clothing as they wanted it.

• Like 1

I tend to take old clothes which are about good for the tip when I go on holiday, then the day before I leave I chuck them all into those bins where they recycle the fabric. Then I can buy all the rubbish I like and I'll have room. Obviously I take some nice clothes for the evenings etc

that nice of you in nigeria they just take it from you, no real say in it good stuff its work clothes

Edited by StevoD

that nice of you in nigeria they just take it from you, no real say in it good stuff its work clothes

:lol:

I don't know how you guys get by with so little, I really don't.

Two pairs of trainers, dozen or so t-shirts, half again in shorts, couple of pairs of jeans, and a couple of longer tops. Bag of toiletries, and that's it. Easy comes to 20+kg, including the bag.

Anyhoo, I'm out here now and it's lovely and toasty, if a little rainy right now. Already seen a 370Z ragtop, common as muck out here! :lol: