KyleR

370Z vs Mustang  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Nismo 370Z
    • Mustang 2.3
    • Mustang 5.0
    • 370Z

When I first heard about the new 'Stang coming to the UK on Top Gear in December, I thought it was great, about time, exciting. Then they went on to say how it's only gonna have a 4 pot engine blah blah blah and my interested vanished before the end of the segment.

However, today I was having a look about new cars, playing with the building function on various manufacturer website. I came to Ford thinking I'll make up a RS Focus in some made colour and the first thing I seen was this - http://www.ford.co.u...es/Ford-Mustang

I clicked it to read about this pathetic engine they're gonna drop into it, only to see that we're gonna be getting the option of a great big fat 5.0 V8 thumping out 420 horsies and they've FINALLY added independent rear suspension :yahoo:

This got me thinking, as I have itchy feet for 370 Nismo as it is, can I really trade in the Zed next year and buy a…. FORD?! :scare:

The Nismo costs about £37k, the baby 2.3L 305BHP 'Stang should come in un £30k here and about £35ish for the daddy 5.0L. There is no doubt that the Nismo will handle better and the V8 'Stang will destroy the '70 in a straight line, so long as you can get the power down, but given the chance, which would you opt for? I think I want the Mustang more :surrender:

Edited by KyleR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't think the Nismo is worth the extra over a normal 370, so with that budget and those choices it would have to be the Mustang V8, but £35k is GTR territory.. I know what I'd rather have.

Tbh I'd have to drive both before I bought either but voted for the Mustang V8 as I really would love a V8 one day. But as I said if it drove like sh*t then I'd definitely go for the Zed. :D

I know what you're saying, but as Atkin said, it's being developed for us over here, so it shouldn't @*!# itself at the sight of a corner :p Even then, I still think I want one!

Really don't think the Nismo is worth the extra over a normal 370, so with that budget and those choices it would have to be the Mustang V8, but £35k is GTR territory.. I know what I'd rather have.

I've added the normal 370 into the poll if you'd rather choose that?

As you say £35k is 2009 R35 turf, but it'll be brand new and shiny and won't need a £1000 service every 6 months :D However, it'll still need new 19" tyre every 3 months if this burnout control button is for reals :lol:

Having had both, I think it is worth the difference.

Re the GTR comparison - you're looking at closer to £45-£50k for a half decent example. Yes you can pick up a few older GTRs in the upper 30s but I'd be pretty cautious about those cars.

I like the nismo 370 a lot, but the chance of owning a V8 muscle car, with the only drawback (LHD) removed? Surely the only real question is to go drop top or not?

Edited by SuperStu

So I can expect to see all you guys on www.mustang-uk.com in about 3-5 years time? :lol:

For the price of a new one over here I think you would be more likely to see me on the Corvette forum B)

yba5eruv.jpg

I just had a look, I didn't realise they're only $53k :scare: Still, it'll end up in flames on its roof :p

I like the nismo 370 a lot, but the chance of owning a V8 muscle car, with the only drawback (LHD) removed? Surely the only real question is to go drop top or not?

Not even a question, the fastback looks sooo much better. If it was a hard top it may have looked better and been in with a chance.

I dont want to cause ructions or anything but for me the 370 already feels a little dated when compared to the new Cayman, M235i and I cant imagine the Stang is going to be a bleeding edge driving experience either ...........

Id therefore probably have a 500hp Supra and change but if pushed the 370 every day of the week, as well as the obvious dynamic issues US interiors tend to be pretty dire and its going to drink fuel like its going out of fashion. :lol:

I dont want to cause ructions or anything but for me the 370 already feels a little dated when compared to the new Cayman, M235i and I cant imagine the Stang is going to be a bleeding edge driving experience either ...........

Id therefore probably have a 500hp Supra and change but if pushed the 370 every day of the week, as well as the obvious dynamic issues US interiors tend to be pretty dire and its going to drink fuel like its going out of fashion. :lol:

Can't deny its going to drink fuel like theres no tommorow, but im waiting untill I see one in the flesh and more importantly drive one because Fords of late seem to be heading in the right direction with fit and finish and the new fiesta ST handles like a dream ( well for a FWD scrabble wagon)

does the word "stang" not put you off entirely! :lol:

No, now go back to waiting for your inferior V6 :lol:

Answer the damn question! :p 370 vs 'Stang?

does the word "stang" not put you off entirely! :lol:

No, now go back to waiting for your inferior V6 :lol:

Answer the damn question! :p 370 vs 'Stang?

NISMO!! :)