Had my Re-Map

Grundy

I think ZEUS should be talking to Jez rather than us…

It depends, if he doesn't feel the car is working as it should be then yes he should be talking to HD. If he feels he wasn't treated properly as a customer then he should be free to express his opinion to other people interested in the service.

Or it could be he's trying to get honest opinions from everyone rather than the odd forum posts 'had a remap - Car feels brand new', just finding out people opinions.
  • Like 1

On my setup (carried out by Abbey) to a DE Revup engine the throttle response can be adjusted by use of the steering wheel controls from standard (sluggish) to pin sharp (breath in and it responds instantly).

Could yours be defaulting to the standard setting?

David

I have this on my HR too, map 4 for the highest throttle response is great when giving it some beans. :D I did accidentally put it into map 5 (valet mode) and plant the throttle this morning which was a shock, luckily no one was around to laugh though as it was early.

For me, my car after an UpRev had a very noticeable difference, especially the extra power at the top end and the increased throttle response makes it much better to drive.

I've just seen the posts by ZEUS

ZEUS, I'm sorry you're not happy with the remap - I don't want people to go away disappointed with what we do.

Get in touch via email / PM / phone and we can have a chat and work something out :)

• Like 6

Can someone explain what an UpRev license is and how it works?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sneaky American idea by the developers of Up-Rev remapping software, the software can be bought by anyone either private or professional, but each map thats

created via the software has to have a license, which means that the developers get revenue for each map done, IE one map + one license fee......wish i had thought of it.

• Like 1

Sneaky American idea by the developers of Up-Rev remapping software, the software can be bought by anyone either private or professional, but each map thats

created via the software has to have a license, which means that the developers get revenue for each map done, IE one map + one license fee......wish i had thought of it.

Can't you remap 3 times with the same license?

Yes ~ you only pay for the license once. ;)

From Horsham Developments;

The UpRev software is a licenced based system. Once you have bought the software licence we can remap your car as many times as required.

Yes ~ you only pay for the license once. ;)

From Horsham Developments;

The UpRev software is a licenced based system. Once you have bought the software licence we can remap your car as many times as required.

Even better :thumbs:

I guess its a good idea to get the car running perfectly before going for this and do any mods:

- Service (oils, plugs, etc)

- Air box mod

- Plenum Spacer

- High Flow cats / de cats (I'd go for the high flow for emissions reasons)

- Uprated Y pipe

- Updated panel filter

Then I guess it depends on what condition your engine is in will depend the final output after the remap.

I guess its a good idea to get the car running perfectly before going for this and do any mods:

- Service (oils, plugs, etc)

- Air box mod

- Plenum Spacer

- High Flow cats / de cats (I'd go for the high flow for emissions reasons)

- Uprated Y pipe

- Updated panel filter

Then I guess it depends on what condition your engine is in will depend the final output after the remap.

Exactly right. Get all the mods like above done first and then get it all mapped to run correctly. ;)

Wouldn't waste my time with HFCs though. Never seem to pass emissions anyway. Silenced decats so they look like cats ;)

My Berks HFC's pass the MOT no problem. Weren't even close to failing the emissions tests at all. :shrug:

Don't know why so many people seem to think they'll fail. :dry:

Sneaky American idea by the developers of Up-Rev remapping software, the software can be bought by anyone either private or professional, but each map thatscreated via the software has to have a license

Not sneaky americans, its the way everyone does it man :)

I basically meant that you had to pay for the license for every car plus the cost of mapping, normally you just pay for the mapping.

OK granted you pay for the stand alone ECU but since you already own the ECU with up-rev, your paying the makers of the software for the privilege of being able to have it mapped, so yeah sneaky!

• Like 1

Wouldn't waste my time with HFCs though. Never seem to pass emissions anyway. Silenced decats so they look like cats ;)

My Berks HFC's pass the MOT no problem. Weren't even close to failing the emissions tests at all. :shrug:

General consensus on here.

My friend had Berks and they didnt pass too even when hot....odd!

I basically meant that you had to pay for the license for every car plus the cost of mapping, normally you just pay for the mapping.

OK granted you pay for the stand alone ECU but since you already own the ECU with up-rev, your paying the makers of the software for the privilege of being able to have it mapped, so yeah sneaky!

Why is it sneaky? It's a software license, just like the one that comes with your computer :)

Maybe not anymore. ;) See below. :thumbs:

Although decatted now, my kinetix hfc used to pass fine as well.

My Berks passed fine last week for my MOT.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My berk hfc also failed emissions on my mot and even when hot. Strangely it passed the next morning ;)

My berk hfc also failed emissions on my mot and even when hot. Strangely it passed the next morning ;)

Weird. :wacko::dry:

Right I'm back! I have totally fallen out with the zed for the first time in 4 years that's why I've not been on since my posts.

I posted on here before talking to Jez to see if I was missing something and to share my experience, that's what forums are for I thought? I feel ripped off by the licence holders who charge nearly 300 quid for it and not necessarily Jez.

Anyway run one on the dyno made 263bhp, run two made 276bhp run three 272 I think then it was upreved and I got 280bhp on run seven.

The print out I have shows the first run 263bhp against the final best run 280bhp. To me that's not right . It should be best before against best after uprev which is a gain of 4hp or worst before run against worst run after uprev?

I also noted the time. First run 10: 58am , run seven (last one) 11: 08am ....10 minutes for a proper remap? The whole thing felt rushed from start to when I was handed my keys back.

Again I want to say I'm not bothered about the numbers I just wanted the car to liven up as lots of people say there's has... Mine still feels as before.

The car is in very good order, it's never played up or missed a beat in 4 years and it's just had every bit of fluid in the car changed (diff, engine,gearbox etc) and new plugs filter etc when I fitted the plenum so it's not the car.

I've seen Jezs post and I will be contacting him next but to be honest what can he do? I can't afford another day off unpaid and the petrol for another 200 mile round trip so I'm stuck I think and I've wasted my money in fact I know I have!