Had my Re-Map

Grundy

Right I'm back! I have totally fallen out with the zed for the first time in 4 years that's why I've not been on since my posts.

I posted on here before talking to Jez to see if I was missing something and to share my experience, that's what forums are for I thought? I feel ripped off by the licence holders who charge nearly 300 quid for it and not necessarily Jez.

Anyway run one on the dyno made 263bhp, run two made 276bhp run three 272 I think then it was upreved and I got 280bhp on run seven.

The print out I have shows the first run 263bhp against the final best run 280bhp. To me that's not right . It should be best before against best after uprev which is a gain of 4hp or worst before run against worst run after uprev?

I also noted the time. First run 10: 58am , run seven (last one) 11: 08am ....10 minutes for a proper remap? The whole thing felt rushed from start to when I was handed my keys back.

Again I want to say I'm not bothered about the numbers I just wanted the car to liven up as lots of people say there's has... Mine still feels as before.

The car is in very good order, it's never played up or missed a beat in 4 years and it's just had every bit of fluid in the car changed (diff, engine,gearbox etc) and new plugs filter etc when I fitted the plenum so it's not the car.

I've seen Jezs post and I will be contacting him next but to be honest what can he do? I can't afford another day off unpaid and the petrol for another 200 mile round trip so I'm stuck I think and I've wasted my money in fact I know I have!

Personally I think this will be of more value once you have had a proper conversation with Jez to discuss your impressions and see what he has to say.

• Like 1

Right I'm back! I have totally fallen out with the zed for the first time in 4 years that's why I've not been on since my posts.

I posted on here before talking to Jez to see if I was missing something and to share my experience, that's what forums are for I thought? I feel ripped off by the licence holders who charge nearly 300 quid for it and not necessarily Jez.

Anyway run one on the dyno made 263bhp, run two made 276bhp run three 272 I think then it was upreved and I got 280bhp on run seven.

The print out I have shows the first run 263bhp against the final best run 280bhp. To me that's not right . It should be best before against best after uprev which is a gain of 4hp or worst before run against worst run after uprev?

I also noted the time. First run 10: 58am , run seven (last one) 11: 08am ....10 minutes for a proper remap? The whole thing felt rushed from start to when I was handed my keys back.

Again I want to say I'm not bothered about the numbers I just wanted the car to liven up as lots of people say there's has... Mine still feels as before.

The car is in very good order, it's never played up or missed a beat in 4 years and it's just had every bit of fluid in the car changed (diff, engine,gearbox etc) and new plugs filter etc when I fitted the plenum so it's not the car.

I've seen Jezs post and I will be contacting him next but to be honest what can he do? I can't afford another day off unpaid and the petrol for another 200 mile round trip so I'm stuck I think and I've wasted my money in fact I know I have!

Personally I think this will be of more value once you have had a proper conversation with Jez to discuss your impressions and see what he has to say.

+1

He wont be offended or insulted, He'll be concerned.

A mappers reputation makes them on forums like these so I'm sure he'll help you.

• Like 1

I've never had a car remapped, but surely it has to take longer than 10 minutes to get the best map? Obviously there are things which will be generic, like removing various limiters etc, and of course you can go straight in with a base map before you even do one run, which would explain the little different between the runs. But less than 10 minutes to find the optimum timing etc?

Why are you not talking to Jez???!!! Ask him these questions, then ask us if you don't like his answers.

As my post says I will be contacting Jez , which I did last night and I'm awaiting a response???!!!

Well I definitely noticed a difference with mine. OK so BHP doesn't go up a lot but torque improves and that's what you are more likely to notice. The car was much snappier in lower gears after the uprev.

I can only guess but actually if you have all the parameters already set up for these cars then you could in theory drop that ready-made map into place and it will work ok. If the car doesn't need any extra fuel tuning then thats lucky on the part of the tuner as the job has been done faster - but you still got what you paid for.

Yes it needs the tuners response to your concerns but always remember that they don't set the uprev licence price and good guys react better to questions when not being accused of being a bad guy. I don't in any way mean you are doing that, I suppose I'm just saying be nice first which isn't easy when you feel stung.

Why are you not talking to Jez???!!! Ask him these questions, then ask us if you don't like his answers.

As my post says I will be contacting Jez , which I did last night and I'm awaiting a response???!!!

He has gone to glatonbury mate, I dont think youll be hearing from him until at least Monday.

And I think the point people are trying to make is that its better to speak to him before posting up on here as a courtesy. TBF you arent ranting or anything but it would be good to give him the chance forst IMO :)

Regardless, hes a top bloke and I know will sort you out :thumbs:

• Like 1