Had my Re-Map

Grundy

Not really , it's appalling and to be honest it makes me want to sell up and not bother, even tho I said I've never sell .

Well fed up and feeling ripped off to be honest .

Surely It can't be as bad as mine? I thought I had it bad (Albeit good gains, just bad top BHP)

hmm not that i wish to sound like im putting anyone down but my car at abbey, gain an extra 17hp making 294 at the fly (estimated by abbey) and 264bhp at the wheels, it doesnt feel any faster if im honest but,

you can feel the engine revs more freely and if i just slam my foot on the accelerator there is no hesitation that i had before it would take 2-3 seconds before the revs started building now its instant,

the biggest difference from my point of view is drifting might have only been i think a 25lbft increase but its enough at Norfolk and pod that clutch kicks arnt needed anymore

from my experience on a 120k 2003 import does it make the car faster no not at all does it make it respond better yes it did is that worth £400+ to someone who just uses there car for daily roaming and sitting in car parks down the local Crooze probably not.

It's bad grundy and it all felt a bit half arsed to be honest , less than an hour from I arrived to when I left .... Not good really.

That was at Horsham Dev? They've got nothing but praise on this forum and I'm booked to go see them later in the year so a bit worried now. Care to share anymore of your experience while you were there?

It's bad grundy and it all felt a bit half arsed to be honest , less than an hour from I arrived to when I left .... Not good really.

That was at Horsham Dev? They've got nothing but praise on this forum and I'm booked to go see them later in the year so a bit worried now. Care to share anymore of your experience while you were there?

is a bit interesting abbey had my car from 9am till just past 13:00

Yeah everytime I've had a car mapped (always NA cars) it's been a good half a day. I'm really hoping I'm not going to drive in and drive out within the hour, I'll be very worried.

Yeah everytime I've had a car mapped (always NA cars) it's been a good half a day. I'm really hoping I'm not going to drive in and drive out within the hour, I'll be very worried.

I wouldn't doubt jez.

I've had 2 cars mapped this and my golf.

And this I got to watch and the golf I just left there.

Has anyone been with there car elsewhere? Because I can't imagine it taking half a day to map. Imagine your car being reved off its tits for 4hours straight.

Gains are all down to the history of the car.

I think so people notice things different to others.

Also after a few days of driving its hard to compare because you forget your old setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't doubt jez.

Has anyone been with there car elsewhere? Because I can't imagine it taking half a day to map. Imagine your car being reved off its tits for 4hours straight.

Also after a few days of driving its hard to compare because you forget your old setup.

Seeing as the map is supposed to be bespoke to your car I would expect to be there for more than an hour. When I went to CPL racing to have my car fitted with a few parts and mapped it was there all day (8 - 5-6ish) with me sitting there for about 2/3 hours whilst it was being mapped. I might have over exaggerated with half a day for mapping but I would have some questions if I arrived and within the hour I was paid up and driving off...?

To put it into context, CPL Racing required my car have over half a tank of fuel.

Again, it may differ for the 350z because a map for my Honda was well over £600 iirc. I'm not an expert and can only go on my previous experience at other places.

I wouldn't doubt jez.

Seeing as the map is supposed to be bespoke to your car I would expect to be there for more than an hour. When I went to CPL racing to have my car fitted with a few parts and mapped it was there all day (8 - 5-6ish) with me sitting there for about 2/3 hours whilst it was being mapped. I might have over exaggerated with half a day for mapping but I would have some questions if I arrived and within the hour I was paid up and driving off...?

To put it into context, CPL Racing required my car have over half a tank of fuel.

Again, it may differ for the 350z because a map for my Honda was well over £600 iirc. I'm not an expert and can only go on my previous experience at other places.

Aye for me, it was the first time I got to see it all in action.

I think it's dependent on the car, as there is only so far you can push a car to get any more juice out of it.

Jez got mine from 258bhp to 283bhp in about half hour'ish? and on the final 2 runs, we only got about 0.5-1bhp increase compared to the previous of 5+. So he could of carried on for another 2 hours and only gained 1 more BHP...

For me, I don't think there was anything else he could do or couldn't of done.

I'd rather what I got, than my car sat there for another 2 hours, another 20 runs on the dyno, revving it's tits off just to get an extra 10bhp.

I have the results at home and I'm now at my boat for the weekend so I'll post them up when I get back. I've driven the car this morning through about 30 miles of spirited twisties and I honestly don't feel any difference, I didn't expect a lot but I thought the throttle response would liven up.:(

I wouldn't doubt jez.

Aye for me, it was the first time I got to see it all in action.

I think it's dependent on the car, as there is only so far you can push a car to get any more juice out of it.

Jez got mine from 258bhp to 283bhp in about half hour'ish? and on the final 2 runs, we only got about 0.5-1bhp increase compared to the previous of 5+. So he could of carried on for another 2 hours and only gained 1 more BHP...

For me, I don't think there was anything else he could do or couldn't of done.

I'd rather what I got, than my car sat there for another 2 hours, another 20 runs on the dyno, revving it's tits off just to get an extra 10bhp.

Maybe he's got it down to such a fine art that it's more like a conveyor belt than a dyno :p

I have the results at home and I'm now at my boat for the weekend so I'll post them up when I get back. I've driven the car this morning through about 30 miles of spirited twisties and I honestly don't feel any difference, I didn't expect a lot but I thought the throttle response would liven up. :(

Maybe he forgot to click 'save' :p

• Like 5

I think there's a little too much "uprev changed my life" nonsense on the forum. Throttle map gains are subtle IMHO, along with any 10-20bhp gain in power if you're pussyfooting around. If you're gassing it then there is a noticeable difference as the response in 1st and 2nd (with TCS off) is sharper as the wheel spin and 180 degree positioning at the next roundabout will show you.

I had an uprev more for the aural benefits that come with Berk/milltek enhancements and that definitely didn't disappoint :-)

• Like 1

I think there's a little too much "uprev changed my life" nonsense on the forum. Throttle map gains are subtle IMHO, along with any 10-20bhp gain in power if you're pussyfooting around. If you're gassing it then there is a noticeable difference as the response in 1st and 2nd (with TCS off) is sharper as the wheel spin and 180 degree positioning at the next roundabout will show you.

I had an uprev more for the aural benefits that come with Berk/milltek enhancements and that definitely didn't disappoint :-)

And Im SOLD!!

On my setup (carried out by Abbey) to a DE Revup engine the throttle response can be adjusted by use of the steering wheel controls from standard (sluggish) to pin sharp (breath in and it responds instantly).

Could yours be defaulting to the standard setting?

David

Loving all the experts on here - whena single power run with a roller monkey is generally £50-60, does someone want to explain to me how a mapper can do 6-8 hours on the rollers for £400 including the uprev license? :lol:

Jez has an exceptional reputation and a lot of experience with uprev (as do Abbey), this is the first time Ive heard anything but praise for either of them and Im kinda with Kyle here, its a bit more decent to speak to the guy you paid about your issues before you start ranting on the internet. Im guessing here but Id very surprised if what is effectively generic management for Nissan engines is anywhere near as difficult to set up as Omex or Haltech, particularly if youve done it 100's of times before - the last time my drift car was mapped we were there for 8 hours, but it was quite a long way from standard and was on VEMS.

Edited by docwra

Well I've had my uprev today and what a total disappointment . Since I left h-Dev I've done 210 miles and feel no difference at all , I'm a hard track bike racer in my past so I know how to push an engine but nothing , it's woeful. Just wish I'd spent my money else where. Sorry.

I've no idea on the history of your car but had it already been uprev'd ?

I had h-dev decats, spacer and the remap done at the same time - definitely a noticeable difference in response and Jez definitely spent time on it.

I think ZEUS should be talking to Jez rather than us…

It depends, if he doesn't feel the car is working as it should be then yes he should be talking to HD. If he feels he wasn't treated properly as a customer then he should be free to express his opinion to other people interested in the service.