whats the optimum revs for perfect 0-62 take off

RDON

gonna depend a lot on the conditions... on an ice rink, probably about 800rpm, in third gear, no throttle maybe... on a dry dragstrip with sticky drag rubber, you can probably dump the whole lot at a launch and it wouldnt wheelspin.

somewhere in the middle, say a dry day, smooth tarmac and fairly decent tyres, with a standard zed, maybe 4000rpm? though to be honest i can count on two fingers the number of times i've tried to do a quick launch in the zed, and both times the tcs cut in, so i clearly need more practice!

gonna depend a lot on the conditions... on an ice rink, probably about 800rpm, in third gear, no throttle maybe... on a dry dragstrip with sticky drag rubber, you can probably dump the whole lot at a launch and it wouldnt wheelspin.

somewhere in the middle, say a dry day, smooth tarmac and fairly decent tyres, with a standard zed, maybe 4000rpm? though to be honest i can count on two fingers the number of times i've tried to do a quick launch in the zed, and both times the tcs cut in, so i clearly need more practice!

If your going to try and launch the Zed at least do it properly and take the traction control off. :excl:

The only driver assist you need is your brain controlling your foot on the throttle. B)

You are spot on though otherwise ~ all depends on the conditions and road surface. ;)

• Like 1

Tried this years ago in two cars I had......broke a half shaft on one at an autotest trying for a quick getaway and demolished a gearbox on the other leaving the girlfriends after an argument. Vauxhalls though not Nissans.

My new clutch came with instructions on "how to prepare clutch for drag starts" :thumbs:

If I do it (with traction control off) the back of the car disappears in a cloud of smoke then the better half complains about me buying a "another" set of rear tyres :lol:

not a VXR lol a 310 bhp golf edition 30! bragging rights need sorting lol

Seriously? Just go to Santa Pod then. You'll be quicker off the line, and then he'll murder you with all that torque.

Ultimately you've got the slower car, but I also know which one I'd rather be driving. And it's not the FWD scrabble wagon.

not a VXR lol a 310 bhp golf edition 30! bragging rights need sorting lol

Also known as willy waving. Tesco sell tape measures.

(not really what this forum is about ;) )

• Like 1

Dry conditions traction off use 4000 RPM, feed the clutch don't just dump it, keep the revs up. :thumbs:

Yes, a skilled driver will feed out the clutch to get maximum traction with no wheel spin and importantly will "feel" when to change gear at the optimum time (revving it to its limit isn't always the way).

Pete