Dog's gone to Emergency Vet

Grundy

HOW DOES SHE MANAGE TO ALWAYS EAT THE FOOD AROUND THE TABLET AND SPIT THE TABLET OUT?!?!?!? :rant::angry::surrender::scare:

:lol: She's got a few meds to take twice a day, one which consists a small tablet. Every time is an ordeal lol, I've tried wrapping it up in ham (Like a parcel) Burying it in the middle of a sausage, bread, sausage rolls.

Yet she still always finds it and spits it out :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

How is Tia?

We had a little emergency today ourselves, nothing serious but it did make me think of you and how stressful it must have been.

Oh and Hetti is on meds herself for a week.... Labradors truly don't care, I made her work for it earlier, sit, wait, paw the works :lol:

Edited by Fodder

How is Tia?

We had a little emergency today ourselves, nothing serious but it did make me think of you and how stressful it must have been.

Oh and Hetti is on meds herself for a week.... Labradors truly don't care, I made her work for it earlier, sit, wait, paw the works :lol:

Oh, hope everything is okay?

Yeah she's back to being her mischievous self! Opening the front door!!! Very annoying!

She had to go back the other day, as her incision was re-opening (WAS GROSS!!!! :surrender::scare:) And had a couple more staples put in.

Other than that, she struts around the house acting like she owns the place!

Again thank you all for the support and comments, means a lot!

• Like 1

Glad she's on the mend and that does sound gross.

It was her annual checkup and Thursday, all was well and she had her booster but she's had diarrhoea since.

We thought it was just a side effect but I noticed a little blood on her walk earlier and my partner said she thought she saw some yesterday.

Explained to the vet, they asked us to take her in and fortunately it's a very mild infection.

I must say we have fantastic vets, it's the second time we've had to take her there at short notice. They are great with her and she loves seeing them.

Edit: sorry for taking this a little off topic, I really did think of how stressful and upsetting it must've been for you.

Edited by Fodder

Oh, hope everything is okay?

Yeah she's back to being her mischievous self! Opening the front door!!! Very annoying!

She had to go back the other day, as her incision was re-opening (WAS GROSS!!!! :surrender::scare:) And had a couple more staples put in.

Other than that, she struts around the house acting like she owns the place!

Again thank you all for the support and comments, means a lot!

:lol: That made me chuckle to think of her opening the front door. Glad she's getting much better. ;)

Great news Matt.

Had to take Lola to the vets this week to get spayed! First night = very sorry for herself which meant she was extremely cuddly and loving. Took Wed-Fri off work to look after her. She woke up the day after the op like nothing happened!! Have had a lovely couple of days with her ... until tonight!!!!!!

Buster and I popped up the road to pick up a few bits (take away and wine :D) and left Lola indoors for no more than 15 minutes. Came back and the *********** had chewed up my new boots!!!! This following 2 pairs of shoes in the last week GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think when Buster has to take a tablet Netti puts it inside a donut :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Nah, Buster has to take them Orally :lol:

Great news Matt.

Had to take Lola to the vets this week to get spayed! First night = very sorry for herself which meant she was extremely cuddly and loving. Took Wed-Fri off work to look after her. She woke up the day after the op like nothing happened!! Have had a lovely couple of days with her ... until tonight!!!!!!

Buster and I popped up the road to pick up a few bits (take away and wine :D) and left Lola indoors for no more than 15 minutes. Came back and the *********** had chewed up my new boots!!!! This following 2 pairs of shoes in the last week GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oooooouch! We're quite lucky with Tia, however I know my dads dog used to be a nightmare for stuff like that, Phones, Tv Remotes, Shoes etc...But you can't stay mad at them for long :p

• 5 months later...

Just spent the last half hour reading through this thread. Really sorry to hear this mat after everything you've been through with her. It's never an easy decision but at least she's going to a better place and her suffering can end...hang in there Matt...