Another bad driver thread

Flex

So, on the way upto Leicester Sat morning, fairly decent drive from sunny Norfolk. Trafffic not too bad, pretty much A47 all the way. Get to single carriage way and stuck 3 cars behind a tractor.

So waiting for them to overtake and then I'm good to go, there's a ford focus behind me and I think to myself better watch this one as his driving manor is a little aggressive. I wait until it's safe to overtake and I think I will just glance over my shoulder and there he is doing a double overtake (obviously I'd waited .5 of a second too long to overtake). So if I hadnt checked I would have side swipped him.

So this made my **** boil, me and the Mrs have the 'what a w@nker' conversation. Anyway literally 30 seconds later he pulls into a garage (WTF was the rush?), so I slow down to eye ball him and he's giving us the w@nker sign. I think he's misread the situation as he's was in the wrong.

So off we drive and I'm using all the crawler lanes to overtake pretty much everything and then 5 mins later I see him looming up in my rearview mirror, so he's been shifting to try and catch us. he finally gets behind me and having overtaken quite a few cars to catch me up then sits behind me so I know he's got a bee in his bonnet.

So eventually we come to some lights and he pulls along side me, rolls his window down and starts hurling abuse. I drive off but really want to pull over and slap him.

So question is, what would you have done? I drove off but seriously this guy was putting everyone's life at risk.I just wanted to pull over and **** him but you never know what could have transpired, he could have had a large blunt instrument etc.

You did the right thing buddy. Nothing would be achieved by lamping the guy and you and your Mrs could have got hurt if he'd had said blunt instrument/other weapon.

Some people are just douchebags and there's nowt you can do about it (unfortunately). Just have to hope this tool doesn't kiil someone one of these days with his idiotic driving. Glad you guys escaped unscathed :)

• Like 1

As you say you don't know if he had something in the car that he could attack you with, I think there is genuinely people on the road that drive in that manner in order to get a rise or fight out of other people.

I used to get angry but now just bite my tongue, I don't think its worth the aggravation.

• Like 1

TBH Id have just left it, my usual feeling is that whatever anyone does to me Ive done to someone else at least 5 times before. You would probably find that even if you had gone for the overtake old matey was expecting you to do and would have avoided you anyway, its not worth getting the rage IMO :)

• Like 1

I know but he's followed me after no real provocation!

He's probably hammering away at the keyboard on his Focus forum about this 350Z owner who didnt like being overtaken so gave him the evils as he drove past after he had stopped at a petrol station ;)

My business partner (who's a big lad) once chased someone down after he had cut him up, the guy (also a big lad) pulled over and they both got out ............. and said "now what do we do", they ended up waving fists a bit but going their separate ways, its really not worth it :)

Totally agree he was in the wrong but one question.....

The last paragraph as a word censored out.... What exactly did you wanna do to him?

:lol:

Apparently twats are ok but tw@t no likee!

Ah ok. I was getting confused if you were annoyed at him or if he turned you gay :lol:

• Like 2

Definitely did the right thing Flex. This guy was obviously a right tool ~ if his driving was that bad & he abused you there is always the Police to report him to but I doubt they'll do f**k all.

My advice is to forget about it now and don't let it fester on your mind. Not worth thinking about the d**k head imo. Hopefully he'll get his one day. ;)

Big smile and be totally, over the top, super polite, this confuses your average gorilla, which makes them more angry. Then maybe a big smile when you pull away. You'll be laughing, he'll be having a coronary.

Your average large bodied, small brained, member of the Great Ape family wants a rise out of you, deny them the pleasure. It should be noted, apes have the smallest d*** of all animals which move around on their hind legs*

* this may not be true.

• Like 5