Afternoon All,

Good Afternoon Gents,

New member from Castleford, West Yorkshire - Looking to pick up a 350z before the end of February,

Already used the forum to read lots of useful hints and tips, still have plenty of questions, moslyt regarding whether an import is worth the hassle.

Car history, not much to tell, had a Clio from the age of 17-21 which ended been very highly modified, someone ran into the back of me and wrote that off, replaced it with an BMW Z3, which I have now run into the ground. I fell out of love with the car a good few years ago, when the keys were stolen and the car was taken. Living on the outskirts of Leeds I've used the train to get to work, but now a new job frees up funds and I intend on taking the 350z to work!

Will have a budget of £6500 and prefer a 350z in the lower tax bracket,

Will also be looking at Z's available on here.

First question, Has anyone used Trade Link, Kings Langley? They seem to have a cracking selection, but wouldn't want to waste my time, taking the long trek there for nothing! Any feedback?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Gents,

New member from Castleford, West Yorkshire - Looking to pick up a 350z before the end of February,

Already used the forum to read lots of useful hints and tips, still have plenty of questions, moslyt regarding whether an import is worth the hassle.

Car history, not much to tell, had a Clio from the age of 17-21 which ended been very highly modified, someone ran into the back of me and wrote that off, replaced it with an BMW Z3, which I have now run into the ground. I fell out of love with the car a good few years ago, when the keys were stolen and the car was taken. Living on the outskirts of Leeds I've used the train to get to work, but now a new job frees up funds and I intend on taking the 350z to work!

First question, Has anyone used Trade Link, Kings Langley? They seem to have a cracking selection, but wouldn't want to waste my time, taking the long trek there for nothing! Any feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome from sunny Normanton!

Hope you're a Cas fan??

Imports are fine really as long as they have gone through the proper import companies - the only thing with the Zed in the UK there were literally a couple of variants, with the imports I think there is something like ten so you have to check out the spec properly. There is a myth around insurance as well, its really not a big deal as it used to be, might be £10 difference to a UK car. Still £6.5k should get you a good car.

Good Afternoon Gents,

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome from sunny Normanton!

Hope you're a Cas fan??

Of course, though not been 'down the lane' for a decade!

Imports are fine really as long as they have gone through the proper import companies - the only thing with the Zed in the UK there were literally a couple of variants, with the imports I think there is something like ten so you have to check out the spec properly. There is a myth around insurance as well, its really not a big deal as it used to be, might be £10 difference to a UK car. Still £6.5k should get you a good car.

Was going to avoid asking question in here, but as its been brought up.

When I first started looking into the Zeds. I got an insurance quote on Zed I'd liked the look of, I did this by inputting the car reg and received a quote of £300. After doing a bit of research I found out the car I'd like was an import, (No mention in the Ad) so re-did the quote, input the reg and clicked' import', this time the quote was £600.

I guess my question is, when you get a quote using just the car reg, does the system know the car is an import and quote you accordingly?