"Our" 350z Red Roadster

Meeerrrk

Thought I'd post some pics as I've been round these forums for a bit now, and I've gathered a lot of knowledge from some of you guys.

The car is a 2005 UK (although spent its days in Ireland) GT Roadster with about 43k on the clock.

We, I say we, I mean my girlfriend, bought it in December after months of looking; I merely make it look and go as it should! This is her "dream car" though so she's pretty excited. To be fair I do get to drive it too, so not all bad! We still haven't really started using the car as it still needs a few jobs doing, but I'm getting there.

You may recognise it from a certain seller on here....I've done more than it looks at first glance!

y5yje6u7.jpg

vujudehu.jpg

a2a9u3e6.jpg

ne7upy4a.jpg

And here it is with it's out going, smaller cousin;

u3e8uzan.jpg

So the car had the black wheels, mirrors and handles when we bought it, along with eibach springs and rear wheel spacers. I asked the seller to arrange for the front end painted due to stone chips and I've since done the following;

- New dash clocks to convert from KPH to MPH and mileage restored.

- New centre gauges to switch to MPH & MPG

- Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB headunit

- Retro fitted steering wheel radio controls

- LED interior lights

- LED side and number plate lights

- New Mohair roof

- Plasti-dip (spray) door pulls due to the usual wear.

- Flip Key conversion

- Mini interior & Exterior detail.

Plans next are as follows;

- Remove the springs (and probably spacers) and put standard back on (Big up to the ZED SHED for the help)...long story!

- Dipped interior parts from Vlad

- Facelift LED rear lights

- Possibly some Rays ... Or ROTA Drift, if some come up for a decent price

Let us know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, don't understand why Red wasn't more popular.

Maybe it was a payable option?

Nope, im pretty sure that unless it was a metallic colour it was free. I know on my HR zed, the Twilight Grey colour I had was an extra £650 on top of the base price as it was a metallic.

Basically I think red just went out of fashion. It seemed like every man & his dog wanted Silver cars around 2002->2005, then that turned into Gunmetal Grey being popular, then now everyone seems to want white cars! Black`s always been floating about as the other most popular colour but thats about it.

One problem which always was more noticeable on red cars was that they used to fade really badly in the sun. I had 2 cars which did that, ended up having to get them resprayed in the end which wasnt cheap. That kind of put me off buying another red car.

Hey mate, good to meet you too, and thanks for the coffee :)

No they were fully booked for the weekend, which is a shame. I managed to get it done at a alignment centre closer to home - would have preferred to use Christchurch though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk