Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

ATTAK Z

Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

• I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am Scottish I don't really care about it
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish I don't really care about it

From a recent post by one of our Scottish Zedders, I got the feeling that Alex Salmond is not going to get his way about indepenence. So I figured a poll my throw light on how the vote will go.

Scottish and English/Welsh/Northern Irish members please have your say above

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1

Had a beer with a guy from Scotland who recently moved down to London, talked about this for a while, he is a qualified lawyer and now in a very good job in a global industry so not an idiot and can think objectively. He finds the vote utterly frustrating as there are just the usual splintered groups who beat chests and show Braveheart on replay on the TV at headquarters. Also the whole anti-English thing, even though there is plenty of more recent history of Germans bombing Glasgow and Argentines killing Scots they still cheer these countries on in football matches vs England because of what the English and Scottish got up to hundreds of years back.

Although he still admitted finding himself doing it as well when back up with his old mates!

• Like 2

If the poll was changed it all goes back to zero - but should allow those who previously voted another go. If not, will have to get Admin on the case, or just start again.

It now seems OK as it allowed me to re-vote after the first one was deleted..I knew this would be trouble.. :stir:

If the poll was changed it all goes back to zero - but should allow those who previously voted another go. If not, will have to get Admin on the case, or just start again.

Thanks Colin ... I think I also made a mistake by allowing everyone to see who's voted where ... can you fix this please?

Had a beer with a guy from Scotland who recently moved down to London, talked about this for a while, he is a qualified lawyer and now in a very good job in a global industry so not an idiot and can think objectively. He finds the vote utterly frustrating as there are just the usual splintered groups who beat chests and show Braveheart on replay on the TV at headquarters. Also the whole anti-English thing, even though there is plenty of more recent history of Germans bombing Glasgow and Argentines killing Scots they still cheer these countries on in football matches vs England because of what the English and Scottish got up to hundreds of years back.

couldnt agree more...

If we don't try it we'll never know, can't do much worse than the way it is the now

I am hearing this comment a lot (like martin, I live/work in Scotland for 6 months of the year) and most people cannot back up that statement with any facts.

Which (in my opinion) makes it a complete ridiculous statement to make.

Can't be any worse?! Are you kidding? What happens if you have to start paying for prescriptions, or your taxes are raised to account for shortfalls in govt. budgets, or if the new Scottish Health Service has to be paid for by Insurance, or the Oil Majors decide it would be cheaper to route North Sea oil South of the border.....

It could be much much worse than it is now.

Thanks Colin ... I think I also made a mistake by allowing everyone to see who's voted where ... can you fix this please?

As far as I can see everyone can opt to see the votes casted but not by whom

As far as I can see everyone can opt to see the votes casted but not by whom

I can see who's voted where