Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

ATTAK Z

Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

• I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am Scottish I don't really care about it
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish I don't really care about it

i love the fact scotland get a vote on if the want independence, as this is a 2 way relationship, should we not have a vote on if we want to keep scotland? its like having a divorce, but only one side of the marriage is calling all the shots. its like the rest of the uk are nigella lawson, and scotlands trying to be mr satcchi

• Like 1

i love the fact scotland get a vote on if the want independence, as this is a 2 way relationship, should we not have a vote on if we want to keep scotland? its like having a divorce, but only one side of the marriage is calling all the shots. its like the rest of the uk are nigella lawson, and scotlands trying to be mr satcchi

Yeah I say if they are talking to friends about doing the dirty on us then we dump them first, withdraw the monarchy & the £ and make them pay if they want to visit.... break-ups are always messy might as well get dirty first :shrug:

No offence but this is ridiculous! If one party in a divorce wishes to leave the marriage, the other party can't cage them in it. If England, Wales or NI don't want to be part of the union anymore they can hold a referendum and democratically vote to leave the 'marriage' too.

My problem with the whole debate is those outside of Scotland taking the view that this is only happening because Scotland don't like them and they spit the dummy out. Why don't they like us - boo hoo:

This video as I am sure you will have seen epitomises it:

if they want to go let them go, like any break up give it a few months and they come crawling back all apologetic offering a blowie as long as we'll be together again

You have to wonder why they done the dirty on you in the first place - obviously they got fed up of being the bread winner and you were not satisfying them enough with that little pencil pecker.

• Like 3

or the fact that when you married her you turned a blind eye to the fact she was a dirty slag, and now she's eyeing your neighbour and hoping to take the family silver with her :shrug:

Edited by rtbiscuit

or the fact that when you married her you turned a blind eye to the fact she was a dirty slag, and now she's eyeing your neighbour and hoping to take the family silver with her :shrug:

Said neighbour being of the same gender (Mrs Wales) didn't want to be stay with their conservative ***** of a partner either so entered into a civil partnership with Mrs Scotland after learning that it was indeed true - Slags have more fun!

Mr England cried into his dinner....

david-cameron-during-george-osborne-s-speech-the-conservative-party-conference-pic-getty-477738960-83297.jpg

....because the slags Mrs Scotland and Wales had stolen the family silver and he couldn't eat his spotted dick.

Edited by Cragus
  • Like 1

Why don't England get a vote, on what we want to do with Scotland..

Now that could be an interesting result, .. :scare: :scare: :yahoo:..

This is too funny - some of you really don't get it. England do not have a greater control of union membership than any other member. If England wants to go in a cream puff that Scotland is holding a referendum, hold your own referendum and leave the Union yourselves. You can't kick any other country out though.

Move on to your next misguided thought where you believe the Bank of England belongs to England because is has the word 'England' in it. On a side note, I did some reading into the history of the BoE. It was interesting to read about one of the founding members, William Paterson. I can't remember where he was from from. I think it was eh....ah that's it... it was Scotland.

• Like 2

Why don't England get a vote, on what we want to do with Scotland..

Now that could be an interesting result, .. :scare: :scare: :yahoo:..

This is too funny - some of you really don't get it. England do not have a greater control of union membership than any other member. If England wants to go in a cream puff that Scotland is holding a referendum, hold your own referendum and leave the Union yourselves. You can't kick any other country out though.

Move on to your next misguided thought where you believe the Bank of England belongs to England because is has the word 'England' in it. On a side note, I did some reading into the history of the BoE. It was interesting to read about one of the founding members, William Paterson. I can't remember where he was from from. I think it was eh....ah that's it... it was Scotland.

That, my friends, is the definition of being burned!

I like all the U-Turns already like ditching the £ and then deciding to keep it when the € went belly up...

Why not have an independant Scottish £, then when our £ is stronger we can all go on a nice cheap Hoon :p

This already happens! scottish money is often refused when down south despite it us all being one big happy family. also see it abroad often when exchanging money that scottish £'s get a worse rate than english £'s

You already have the bank of Scotland RBS if I remember rightly, but they went financially fits up and had to be bailed out by the tax payer... which is probably exactly what will happen to an independent Scotland.

Bank of England is different to RBS. You can't get an account to pay your sky bill with Boe :lol:

Plus what about northern rock or the rest of them? RBS is owned by shareholders and run by management not Scotland.

You already have the bank of Scotland RBS if I remember rightly, but they went financially fits up and had to be bailed out by the tax payer... which is probably exactly what will happen to an independent Scotland.

I think you are being a bit ignorant in your knowledge of the finance world here Rich. While I am no expert you do realise that the BoE and high street banks such as RBS, Santander and HBOS are entirely different entities. BoE is a central bank and deal with monetary policy whereas banks like RBOS are retail banks. You are correct, the UK taxpayer, Scotland included, paid to bail RBS and Lloyds out. RBS like other retail banks was listed on the stock exchange and just happena to have the name Scotland in it because of how it came to be founded. Claiming that the UK (that's us too) bailed it out because Scotland made an arse of it is misinformed. Also, the government are looking to sell £38bn off in shares and a further £18bn off to institutional and retail investors and while this may take time, there is profit to be seen for the taxpayer.

By the way another little factoid for you here. John Holland was one of the founding members of RBS - an Englishman.

Cragus

I think RTB is playing the devil's advocate a weeny bit !

Cragus

I think RTB is playing the devil's advocate a weeny bit !

Not very well. lol

He doesn't need to play devil's advocate and if he is going to, at least do a little homework. Read back in this thread and see what most Scottish members are saying about the matter. I can't see many 'anti union' remarks. If you are going to cry like a little b1tch, I mean play devil's advocate at least wait for people to make remarks that provide the opportunity to make counter arguments. My own initial post made it clear that I think we are better together and that all countries put something good into the melting pot of what makes Britain great.. Also, Devil's Advocate takes a stance that they don't necessarily agree with - not entirely sure that RT doesn't actually believe the stuff he is spouting.

Not been on in a while - have to say I have missed this place! :lol: