Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

ATTAK Z

Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland vote to leave the UK ?

• I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am Scottish I don't really care about it
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a BAD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish and I think Scotland leaving the UK is a GOOD idea
    • I am NOT Scottish I don't really care about it

If you can't tell the difference between baiting and a wee bit of fun................

I can. Don't worry. But some mods can't anyway off topic.

I honestly think Scotland in its thinking is ahead of england and needs a government that can support that. Also the SNP kicked butt in the elections and have a majority don't they by nearly double? The SNP have been great IMO and are really going strength to strength. If england says we have so much to lose and they would be better off why would they care if we left or not? We have oppisite problems of england. We want educated rich people to come here. We have a small population. We could be like australia, Canada or Switzerland in the criteria to get in.

Yes it is true. Tony Blair passed this little number on the sly.

Wow, see I'm always skeptical as sometimes you will get the odd person who just hates the english and will say stuff like that. I can't beleive no one kicked up a stink?

Wow, see I'm always skeptical as sometimes you will get the odd person who just hates the english and will say stuff like that. I can't beleive no one kicked up a stink?

They did - Scottish fisherman kicked up at the time about their fishing boundaries and an e-petition was initiated. I don't know how much it was in the media though.

They did - Scottish fisherman kicked up at the time about their fishing boundaries and an e-petition was initiated. I don't know how much it was in the media though.

Scary, as long as they don't tell us or the news which why would they I wouldn't know that the water outside isn't Scottish.

So the nay sayers disagree with the following points?

credit_crunch_2.jpg

I imagine that if tax was lowered money would come to Scotland.

Edited by Dblock

What about this I don't know if this is true or not?

http://www.oilofscot...stolen_sea.html

That actually appears to be outrageous, what's the reasoning/justification (if any) behind it?

I believe that the marine borders were moved 60 miles North from Berwick-Upon-Tweed to Carnoustie. Something to do with the waters then being outwith Scottish jurisdiction and therefore fishing, oil and mineral rights being outwith too. The legislation passed or rather seemed to bypass the democratic process.

Am arriving late to this discussion and really have nothing to add over and above the points Craig & Neil have made ... have to say I can count on one hand the number of folk I know that will vote yes ... it is just unfortunate that the NO campaign have chosen Alistair 'Caterpillar brows' Darling as their poster boy :lol: not really helping things is he?! Mind you Salmond makes me think of the worst type of used car salesman and Sturgeon needs a bloody good shave.

• Like 1

Sturgeon is a boot who needs to learn to shut her mouth and let people talk. I was watching the debates and I honestly hate her.

She reminds me of a snyd lying schoolgirlnl trying to prove she's right when everybody knows it's just verbal diarrhoea and arrogance

• Like 2

Scary, as long as they don't tell us or the news which why would they I wouldn't know that the water outside isn't Scottish.

credit_crunch_2.jpg

16 Green Wind Turbines a Day ..That's 5840 a year so over 10 years you will have

most of Scotland covered in Green Wind Turbines... :lol: :lol:

She came a total cropper the other day whining that the No campaign hadn't produced any 'documents' yet or said what they would do about currency or Europe and then of course waved their wee booklet around .... "ehhhh Nicolahh... is there any clarification yet on what would happen with currency or EU membership in that piece of toilet paper you are waving around?!!! Nahhh?! I didnae think so!"

Edited by Vik54

She came a total cropper the other day whining that the No campaign hadn't produced any 'documents' yet or said what they would do about currency or Europe and then of course waved their wee booklet around .... "ehhhh Nicolahh... is there any clarification yet on what would happen with currency or EU membership in that piece of toilet paper you are waving around?!!! Nahhh?! I didnae think so!"

lol ! That's the issue I have. They're using fictional numbers to coax 16 year olds into voting for them! If they had proper evidence then I wouldn't be against independence but it's the uncertainty that gets me!

I do wish folk would stop harping on about oil revenues - FFS - if we were independent they would be spent before they were available according to the sums being bandied around. I certainly would not dare to quote figures unless I had sat down and done the research myself and checked it out - but my Degree was not economics so that would take a wee while :lol:

Yup Neil - it is the young people that worry me (says the youth worker) - it is now our job to ensure that our young folk can make an informed decision which in the face of tabloid press and enormous youth unemployment is proving to be extremely difficult ...

credit_crunch_2.jpg

16 Green Wind Turbines a Day ..That's 5840 a year so over 10 years you will have

most of Scotland covered in Green Wind Turbines... :lol: :lol:

Well yes Scotland is a world leader in wind technology?