A Christmas Tale from The Zed Shed

Keyser

Interesting looking at how you removed the motor, I spose then it easier to remove the motor and box as one and split later ??

I would have probably split the motor from the box in the vehicle (not having done one before)

Great job though lads and well done

Good work lads :clap:

Its nice to see that the zed shed can get some serious work done that dies not involve a can of spray paint :lol: :lol: :D

In all seriousness it's an amazing Christmas present to a fellow zedder and may this spirit continue to grow with this community!

Cracking work chaps. Was hoping to pop in yesterday afternoon on my way past but Sainsburys, Lidl & Tesco's Christmas food shopping just about killed me! mad busy!! :surrender:

Saw Buster Sunday morning though and I'm surprised it all got done by 8PM that day as he looked Fooked at 10AM :lol: ....or maybe he was just sleepy :D

This has got all the key ingredients of a classic Christmas movie, one that's shown every year without fail. :santa:

It contains distress and even a death. You get to mourn the the loss of a good, honest hard working engine and then, whilst fighting back the tears of such a tragic loss, BAM! you're kicked again when it's replacement doesn't turn up :(

But, what's this, there is light at the end of this dark tunnel in the shape of doughnuts, maybe all is not lost.

Then the engine arrives and is fitted! Hoorah! :yahoo: There are tears of joy, not sadness and Luke drives off into the sunset being waved off by The Zed Shed crew :wave: (OK, I appreciate at 8pm on a December evening, the sunset had long since gone).

Dear Mr Speilberg,

I have an idea for a screenplay.......

Edited by 14N
  • Like 2

You can have the credit for the screenplay I think Brad Pit should play the part of Keyser, I would but put the late John Candy up for Buster's part but it will have to be Jack Black instead.

I assume we get royalties?

• Like 1

Well, I've had a few emails back from Hollywood.....

Brad Pitt and Jack Black are "Well up for it", they will however like to do as much research as possible and would like to 'get a feel' for their respective roles, which means they'd both like to come stay with you guys at The Zed Shed and get their hands dirty. Not sure how Mrs Keyser feels about having Pitt and Black come stay for a while :shrug: Oh, I'm afraid Brad would bring his missus with him too :teeth:

Krispy Kreme have said they'd be happy to supply a limitless stream of doughnuts, as long as they can have some strategic product placement during some scenes.

And Mark Hamill has been in touch and has asked if he can play the other supporting role. Apparently he'd love the chance to play another character called Luke..... :starwars:

• Like 4

This gets better by the minute - maybe Brad's missus can play Mrs Keyser?

Buster asked if Nicole Scherzinger is available to play Mrs Buster?

I've had a word with Angie and she's happy to muck in and play Mrs Keyser as she'll be on site anyway. I also gave Nicole a call and she's struggling for work now the X Factor has finished, so it's a thumbs up :thumbs: from her to play Mrs Buster.

And as Dave said - come move closer to the midlands! :lol:

Totally agree Graham, the DE zeds are getting old now and if not maintained using the right fuel etc then those bomb proof engines will explode. Strange though that we are getting a spate of them all in one go.

No surprise as the cars in general are getting cheaper and more affordable but in real terms more expensive to run.

Expect to see more and more older Zeds with tatty body work, cheap ass tyres etc, running on cheap fuel & no oil..... shame to see for such a great car but there you go :cry:

Totally agree Graham, the DE zeds are getting old now and if not maintained using the right fuel etc then those bomb proof engines will explode. Strange though that we are getting a spate of them all in one go.

No surprise as the cars in general are getting cheaper and more affordable but in real terms more expensive to run.

Expect to see more and more older Zeds with tatty body work, cheap ass tyres etc, running on cheap fuel & no oil..... shame to see for such a great car but there you go :cry:

it is a shame to see imo in the next few years the number of 350z's is going to rapidly drop. its going to be more economical to break them than to sell them soon.

it is a shame to see imo in the next few years the number of 350z's is going to rapidly drop. its going to be more economical to break them than to sell them soon.

Wait for someone to now say that a mint condition one will start to be worth more!!! Erm nope :p

Whilst I do feel that Nicole is an acceptable portrayal of my good self and agree that Angie would make a fair representation of Mrs Keyser, I have to submit alternative actors for the 2 main characters .....

the_chuckle_brothers.jpg

:lol: To me, to you . . . .

• Like 1