diy rear mount

andybp

got my 570cc injectors fitted friday the ecu decided to be a pain in the arse but all sorted now running a map that's a bit too rich but it's safe

IMAG0760_zpsodaeratr.jpg

fuel rail and injectors out and nice new ones waiting to go in

IMAG0764_zpsgngrpotp.jpg

only took an hour start to finish not counting the 5-6 hours messing about with the ecu :)

• Like 2

another little update have compacted the oil set up mainly to reduce it's visibility from behind as i don't really want it noticed

IMAG0766_zpsi9seo4fa.jpg

also got the panel cut out, painted and the display and 5 way button mounted into it

IMAG0765_zpsajhghpz5.jpg

IMAG0768_zpswtxacguv.jpg

had to alter the map on the ecu today also as it was running far too rich seems ok now

I hope to have this finished over the next two weeks as i have a bit of time off as long as the missus doesn't add to the long list of jobs she already has planned for me :doh:

• Like 1

........................................ as long as the missus doesn't add to the long list of jobs she already has planned for me :doh:

If you do find a way to stop her adding "jobs to do" can you let me know the secret please :lol:

Looking good mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

........................................ as long as the missus doesn't add to the long list of jobs she already has planned for me :doh:

If you do find a way to stop her adding "jobs to do" can you let me know the secret please :lol:

the only thing that stopped her adding to this list was that there's no more room on the page

IMAG0772_zpslhfzfvek.jpg

:wacko:

• Like 1

got some more done today 90%of the wiring is now done

IMAG0781_zpsqug5niyj.jpg

IMAG0784_zpsjqh6kjpu.jpg

IMAG0782_zps8fz0hbpl.jpg

my Spartan 2 wideband sensor all fitted and working didn't need to do any welding as i fitted it in place of one of the rear o2 sensors it has an narrow band output signal so the ECU doesn't know it's missing

ran flexible conduit for the wiring made it a lot easier to get all the cables through also looks neater

IMAG0777_zpsxbdba27v.jpg

IMAG0776_zpsnwa7xnyv.jpg

IMAG0783_zpsykonnm7i.jpg

still need to connect up the pressure and temp sensors

IMAG0786_zpsnrnyfbwq.jpg

here's a vid of the oil pump shut down sequence it has a delayed shut down to protect the turbo

after switching the engine off the oil feed and scavenge pumps continue to run for whatever delay time i set

then the feed pump switches off but the scavenge pump continues to run for a pre set time then stops and the controller switches off

http://vid1364.photo...zpswf6thoo5.mp4

hope to get some more done tomorrow if the weathers good :)

• Like 2

got most of the turbo set up fitted today, only one dodgy photo i'm afraid

IMAG0788_zpshw2udhkf.jpg

all of the changes were well worth the trouble it's much neater more compact lighter more ground clearance and you can hardly see it from behind now just got to connect the inter cooler pipework and mod the pcv system connect the oil system driver board fill the tank with oil actually fit the controller as opposed to just jamming it in there with a bit of cardboard and away we go :)

• Like 1

Since i have to work outside on the z and the weather was miserable i got this painted instead i thought it was going to be too shiny after i put on the lacquer but came out just right

IMAG0792_zps1dmcmiuq.jpg

IMAG0795_zpswcycgnul.jpg

the weather is supposed to improve tomorrow so hoping to get lots done :)

• Like 1

on the home straight now got the boost pipework all in from the turbo to the engine got a few rattles to sort out also waiting for a long 90 deg silicone bend, all of the flexible hoses for the oil system are made and fitted modified the PCV system to suit FI this is a temporary mod as I'm going to run a 1/2" line back to the pipe between the air filter and turbo for the crankcase ventilation so i don't get fumes in the car, still got to sort out the air filter waiting on a 4" to 3" 90 deg reducer,still got to change the plugs to the cooler ones,still got to fit the controller front panel properly and connect the MAP sensor signal into it the only problem so far is the pressure sensor for the turbo oil system has stopped working so I'm waiting for a new one wont be here till Wednesday due to the bank holiday the only things left I can actually do right now is connect the MAP sensor to the controller and calibrate it, fit the plugs and fit the plenum that I painted the other day :)

Hi Andy,

Nice to see you tucking all the oil cooling gubbins away neatly, I love neat work :) Plus the original build had the oil filter sticking down which was asking for a nice scrape on a speed bump :lol:

Anyhow, hope you don't mind but a technical question for you, not for any reason that I'm curious: In an earlier post you talked about a one-way valve in the oil coolant system. Clearly you want the oil feed to run on after the engine has stopped to allow the turbo to be cooled, but why do you then forcefully drain that oil away and put draw in air to replace it? I know there must be a technical reason but I can't see what it is. To my unknowledgeable mind it seems sensible to leave oil in there so its immediately ready for the next start-up?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Andy,

Nice to see you tucking all the oil cooling gubbins away neatly, I love neat work :) Plus the original build had the oil filter sticking down which was asking for a nice scrape on a speed bump :lol:

Anyhow, hope you don't mind but a technical question for you, not for any reason that I'm curious: In an earlier post you talked about a one-way valve in the oil coolant system. Clearly you want the oil feed to run on after the engine has stopped to allow the turbo to be cooled, but why do you then forcefully drain that oil away and put draw in air to replace it? I know there must be a technical reason but I can't see what it is. To my unknowledgeable mind it seems sensible to leave oil in there so its immediately ready for the next start-up?

Cheers

Chris

the seals in a turbo are a piston ring type seal leaving oil in the turbo wil potentially allow oil to seep into either the compressor or exhaust housing especially as my car can sit for a week without being started

this is no different to a normal turbo setup but i don't have gravity to drain the lines for me :)

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Cheers

Chris

the seals in a turbo are a piston ring type seal leaving oil in the turbo wil potentially allow oil to seep into either the compressor or exhaust housing especially as my car can sit for a week without being started

this is no different to a normal turbo setup but i don't have gravity to drain the lines for me :)

Aha, I see. Thanks for explaining :thumbs:

• Like 1

the only thing that stopped her adding to this list was that there's no more room on the page

IMAG0772_zpslhfzfvek.jpg

:wacko:

I dont have snag lists that long at work, lol.

My brother has a similar list on a white board at his, I added at the bottom, 22 Grow a pair, he was amused, his wife less so.

I will do your chores If you build a kit :)

Great project :)