diy rear mount

andybp

On 15/10/2018 at 21:20, andybp said:

yes but bear in mind the scavenge pumps are the weak point in these setups and have a tendency to fail the final setup I did before I removed mine controlled the pump speed based on the oil pressure feeding the turbo most people just run them full speed :)

Where did you take the feed from as I thought feed to the turbo would need to be constant and variable? 

I'm also looking at specific pumps for the job such as Weldon but just looking around to see if there any better options aswell as trying to find uk stock :/

2 hours ago, Diggerman said:

Where did you take the feed from as I thought feed to the turbo would need to be constant and variable? 

I'm also looking at specific pumps for the job such as Weldon but just looking around to see if there any better options aswell as trying to find uk stock :/

I fed mine from the oil pressure sensor takeoff through an inline filter

not sure what you mean by "I thought feed to the turbo would need to be constant and variable? "

Turbowerx pumps are good not cheap but good 

:)

You said in an earlier post that you controlled pump speed by oil pressure so not to run the pumps at full speed like others, I assumed you meant that your pump would slow down and speed up with changing oil pressure? But would the turbo not require a constant pressure or can it vary like the engine does?

• 3 months later...
On 15/10/2018 at 07:24, Diggerman said:

I'd be more than interested in buying it off you if you do sell, I was about to book mine into a local garage for a rear mount after I watched countless videos on YouTube of the std kit which just sounds evil :)

Sorry mate just beat you to it :boxing:

You can follow my build process, I may also be able to provide help (No guarantee) it's all new to me.

Edited by Jake.Lowther