got the drivers side tail pipe on this weekend

IMAG0535_zpsa116c9cf.jpg

and today got the passenger side tailpipe fabricated

IMAG0536_zpsb2928aed.jpg

and welded on along with the mounting

IMAG0545_zps37a053a1.jpg

here it is all fitted

IMAG0540_zpsd1e69ff2.jpg

the only thing left is to connect the wastegate into the tailpipe and make a couple of gaskets obviously i had to run it up and it sounds f***ing awesome seriously f***ing awesome i nearly had to touch myself it was so good :blush:

• Like 2

couple of pics of the setup off the car gives a better idea of the new layout had to put a 90 Deg bend on the drivers side due to a lack of space

IMAG0555_zps5e4f4f26.jpg

IMAG0548_zps3749322d.jpg

the only thing left is the flexi pipe from the wastegate to the back of the tailpipe

IMAG0557_zps1a94507c.jpg

really hard trying to weld flexi to a thick flange like this as its so thin get careless and you just blow holes through it as you can see still a bit hot just got to cut hole hole in back of tailpipe and weld it on

will get it finished tomorrow night. :)

Tremendous work on this, kudos for doing all the hard bits yourself. Skillz.

yea i'm one of the odd people who enjoys spending hours in the garage accidentally burning bashing cutting and generally hurting myself, getting angry and frustrated when things don't go as planned but the sense of achievement is worth it

:yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

so i haven't had any updates for you lately i was hoping to get it all bolted up and plumbed before Christmas so when my insurance is due in may i could swap it over and get on with tuning it

but I've had something of a big health scare gonna be laid up for another month but hopefully if the doctors and the missus let me i'll be back in the garage early next year and i can get this thing finished

really need to my hands are getting all soft people will be mistaking me for a girl soon and i'm a man god damn it! :)

• Like 3

so i haven't had any updates for you lately i was hoping to get it all bolted up and plumbed before Christmas so when my insurance is due in may i could swap it over and get on with tuning it

but I've had something of a big health scare gonna be laid up for another month but hopefully if the doctors and the missus let me i'll be back in the garage early next year and i can get this thing finished

really need to my hands are getting all soft people will be mistaking me for a girl soon and i'm a man god damn it! :)

Sorry to read about that Andy.

Wish you all the best mate and a speedy recovery especially at this time of year when really everyone should just be enjoying it. The car can wait, ..health comes first. :thumbs:

Sorry to read about that Andy.

Wish you all the best mate and a speedy recovery especially at this time of year when really everyone should just be enjoying it. The car can wait, ..health comes first. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about that Andy! Hope all is well sooner rather than later and you back out finishing this project off!

Best wishes mate :console:

Thx for the concern guy's but i'll be fine coughing up blood was scary but my biggest concern is being brain dead after another month of daytime tv

oh and Neil excellent smiley :)