diy rear mount

andybp

Still a work in progress Andy. If it was easy everyone would have done it I'm sure. ;)

Bl**dy impressive stuff so keep it up. :clap:

my wife disagrees says things like "why don't you leave it alone" at least i think she's talking about the car! :lol:
  • Like 1

Andy, forgive me if I missed it earlier, but what are you using for engine management? Are you mapping yourself?

Looks a very tidy install matey :)

I'm using a turboXS utec ecu as they used in the sts rear mount turbo's purely because it came up at the right price also easy to tune yourself not that i intend to i know my limitations

i'm currently running a map designed for the 350z turbonetics single turbo setup so far in testing this has run slightly rich so i'm not too concerned considering that so far i've only used 4 psi of boost

will get it to a rolling road once i've sorted out all of the teething problems boost leaks etc and sorted out the PCV system

• Like 1

you know that old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it

well i fixed my turbowerx pump , thought i'll just nip up that connector even though it wasn't leaking and cracked the pump housing :rant:

trying to get hold a new housing got me nowhere so have had to buy a new pump and no one to blame but me (damn those old people and their stupid old sayings)

well breaking my expensive turbowerx pump turned out to be the best thing i could have done the new pump has a much smaller displacement more suited to the flow requirements of a turbo also a much higher pressure rating 125 psi

where as the turbowerx pump was near it's limit pressure wise and it's displacement was far too high causing me to run the pump too slow and bleed off excess pressure through the regulator increasing oil temp and causing the foaming which was giving me problems the oil pressure is now rock steady where ever i set it new pump is smaller and lighter giving me more room the only downside to the whole thing is the $400 they retail at :scare: but never mind you can't take it with you :lol:

• Like 1

Looking forward to you finishing this, ironing out the glitches and then putting a kit together to sell to me ;):teeth:

careful what you wish for i'm seriously thinking about ironing out the glitches selling it and starting again as there are some things i would like to do differently , holset hx35 instead of gt35, standard exhaust,different manifold layout etc which would mean starting again from scratch

^^ That's always the worry . :surrender::lol:

My Mrs is pretty cool, ...thank goodness as you should of seen the size of the box that arrived from Tarmac Sportz when I took delivery of my Super Charger and other bits. Couldn't really BS her and say it was just a few cheap small items then. :D

• Like 1

^^ That's always the worry . :surrender::lol:

My Mrs is pretty cool, ...thank goodness as you should of seen the size of the box that arrived from Tarmac Sportz when I took delivery of my Super Charger and other bits. Couldn't really BS her and say it was just a few cheap small items then. :D

i'm only joking really i don't generally spend too much money don't drink don't smoke damn i'm almost perfect the z and the house are the only things i spend money on she's usually trying to give me money i'm almost a kept man B)

tightened up all of the pipework charge and exhaust from the turbo to the engine

this is the slightly modified oiling setup with my new pump, the barb fittings and clear reinforced hose are temporary as is the feed from the bottom of the tank

IMAG0473_zpscc8d031f.jpg

IMAG0475_zps6dd19a1e.jpg

still need to run the hose back for the PCV system once this is done i'm going to take it all off and put the backbox back on due to some debate with my insurance co. :thumbdown:

it will only be until my renewall when i will change to another company :thumbs: