diy rear mount

andybp

Are you going to be bringing the air filter back up into the engine bay or use a hydro filter?

I really hope this runs well! Well done for the effort on this one!

not feasible to run the air filter all the way back to the engine bay i'm going to make an ally cover to go under the whole lot which will also protect the filter from spray

wouldn't want to wrap the intercooler pipe as the air flowing around the pipe itself helps reduce charge temp better just to lag the exhaust :thumbs:

Got ya ~ Sounds like a good plan. ;)

well it's a plan

if it doesn't turn out to be good i'll make a new plan (sounds like the A Team i'll be Murdoch)

Edited by andybp
  • Like 2

got home from work had dinner and thought to myself I'm not gonna sit here and veg in front of another repeat of top gear I'm gonna get something done on the z

so got the wiring finished and filled the tank with oil. the PCV system will have to wait till tomorrow because i haven't fitted the catch can or run the pipe back to the turbo yet

run it up sounds pretty good, slight weep from the weld around the oil tank level sight glass so may have to drain it and re-weld tommorow couldn't really see it was pretty dark by then

also did my bit for the local wildlife about 20 gnat bites there's dedication for you or stupidity as my wife calls it.if the missus and the weather allow i should get it on the road tomorrow :D

• Like 2

Well, you know what? It's not often I admit I'm wrong but I'll do it now.

I thought this project was going to end up on the cheap and a disaster like most others, but I was wrong. I know you're not quite at the end yet, but I've been very impressed with your workmanship on this mate. I hope the end result is what you're after, fair play sir :)

• Like 1

Well, you know what? It's not often I admit I'm wrong but I'll do it now.

I thought this project was going to end up on the cheap and a disaster like most others, but I was wrong. I know you're not quite at the end yet, but I've been very impressed with your workmanship on this mate. I hope the end result is what you're after, fair play sir :)

you may have spoke too soon tiny oil leak on tank turned into 5 hrs work took it for a spin spools up nicely feels good but the oil is foaming in the tank and coming out the tank breather either due to the pressure regulator recirculating into the tank or the oil pump is pulling in air.

seriously considering giving up on the dedicated oil system it's just a pain in the arse on top of that one of the expensive and pretty anodised fittings is leaking

on the plus side it pulls really well and sounds awesome

• Like 1

ok seem to have the oil leaks sorted and had to put in a temporary external tank to use as a breather which has stopped the foaming

i'm probably going to have to put in a bigger oil tank to solve the problem without bodging it but it will have to be ally as its heavy enough as it is.

had an old phone laying around so taped it to one of the hangers for the tank didn't come out too well think the mic on the phone is being overloaded but here it is for what it's worth

http://vid1364.photo...zps5c585b56.mp4

:teeth:

Edited by andybp

Andy that is probably the worst recording I have ever seen. :lol: Still liked the sound of it though for the most part. :D

for the record i wasn't trying to get the video just audio but photobucket won't let me upload an audio file

but even with that excuse the audio's truly awful :surrender:

been on 24hr standby all week so got nothing done but the new larger ally oil tank arrived today and this is my last night of standby finish at 07:30 am tomorrow so if i don't end up out all night i hope to get it all back together tomorrow and get that clip of the exhaust done :yawn:

Haven't managed to get anything done lately missus has had me painting the house what fun

can anyone confirm that these are the one heat range colder version of the standard plug

NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs

NGK PLFR6A-11

Thx

A bit late maybe, but yes. The 6 is one step harder (hotter) than the 5 on a NGK plug

http://www.ngk.com/learning-center/article/225/heat-range-conversion-chart

well the minor foaming problem and oil leak turned into a lot of work a new oil tank and redesigning the oil system still not 100% but a lot closer than before i've left the cooler out for now

IMAG0463_zpsaa8cbed3.jpg

IMAG0465_zpscf0671d8.jpg

a) because i don't have the correct fittings and B) because with an ally tank on an ally back plate the oil temp is staying pretty low so i'll see how it goes maybe i won't need it

this is the latest video clip yes i know it's looking at the sky it was taken for the audio only not sure it's much better than the first one if not i'm sure suitable abuse will be coming my way :p

http://vid1364.photo...zps3fc2dffe.mp4

Edited by andybp
  • Like 2

Sounds wicked when the turbo starts to spool up ~ getting there now. B):thumbs:

yea getting there i've got a few boost leaks between turbo and intercooler due to me running out of decent clips i've got them now just need time to fit them, exhaust is blowing between the cats and y pipe might just need tightening

worst case new gaskets just the back pressure due to the turbo showing the weaknesses in the system :)

Edited by andybp