Ideas for my next car

smudgedon

You can a 300ZX for silly money these days and then we would still let you hang about the forum :lol:

or for a few hundred more than your budget, get an RX8, don't be afraid of the rotary engine, just look after it.

Any "performance" car for £2k is potentially a ticking time bomb so if you can't increase your budget, then what you going to do if something expensive goes wrong?

Exactly, anything in this price bracket is going to have had circa 15-20 years of mods and abuse..........and will be just waiting to rape your wallet.

As the saying goes;

Fast + cheap = unreliable

Fast + reliable = not cheap

Cheap + reliable = not fast

If your downgrading for financial reasons, you should be getting a shed. It will be painful for a while but nearly ALL of the cars mentioned in this thread are potential money pits and look like chav chariots.

S1 HNK and Sarnie are spot-on.

Either buy a cheap shed and accept it for what it is, or buy something cheap and fun that's not necessarily quick (172 and MX5 for that sort of money). Everything else you've mentioned is going to be pricey to keep on the road, and if running costs aren't an issue then save for a couple of months which allows you to double your budget and get something that will actually survive without costing you a small fortune.

How you can write off stuff like a BMW or Celica but put interest into an ST170 which is as boggo and common looking as anything I've no idea. I do like the ST170s, but I wouldn't say they've got anywhere near the street cred (which I'm guessing is what you're after) of something like the Celica.

• Like 1

Any "performance" car for £2k is potentially a ticking time bomb so if you can't increase your budget, then what you going to do if something expensive goes wrong?

Exactly, anything in this price bracket is going to have had circa 15-20 years of mods and abuse..........and will be just waiting to rape your wallet.

As the saying goes;

Fast + cheap = unreliable

Fast + reliable = not cheap

Cheap + reliable = not fast

If your downgrading for financial reasons, you should be getting a shed. It will be painful for a while but nearly ALL of the cars mentioned in this thread are potential money pits and look like chav chariots.

Whilst we're at it, why don't you just buy a speed boat? :lol:

You clearly don't know the potential these have. (StevoD has witnessed it's awesomeness after my bro finished his)

Plus they are reliable

the Rotrex beast, sounded unreal on full chat

these cars are real nice in the blue with a set of bronze works wheels and a few carbon bits

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303235919460/sort/default/usedcars/model/rx8/make/mazda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/2/quicksearch/true/postcode/wd39tz/radius/1500?logcode=p

you cant even grumble at this, not even ten years old, looks smart, still be fun to drive and still nippy, not monster milage. long mot, surely this is a no brainer.

At some point regardless of how well you look after a rotary engine it will need a rebuild. I personally can't see why people bother with them...

thats why they never caught on, but for the money thats a bargain. would do a treat for a couple of years.

thats why they never caught on, but for the money thats a bargain. would do a treat for a couple of years.

I suppose if you find one that has had an engine rebuild recently but then as already said, the mpg is appalling for what is effectively a 1.3 engine and then you will probably spend as much on oil.

Think I've decided guys

$T2eC16d,!)UE9s3wDcj8BR0t0MJ6nQ~~60_3.JPG

Accord Type R - cheap insurance, can get a nice example for around £2.5k, performance isn't too dissimilar to the Zed due to weighing much less, nice Recaro seats as standard and looks pretty good too in my opinion

Lot of car for very little money

• Like 1