Rx7

Jay

Hey guys and gals. I was wondering if anybody has previously owned an rx7 and to find out about your experiences etc. I know you hear all the time that they are constantly in the garage etc.... But is this really true? I am thinking about getting a toy and an rx7 is high up there. So let me know your experiences or thoughts.

Cheers

Jay

I know a few people with them, and theirs are in the shop quite a lot, but I think that's mostly because both of them have very high HP and they get used a lot on track and very hard too.

I also know that when they do use them, the smile they come off track with is larger than most other peoples.

one of my neighbours had 7 rx7s... yes really! LOL

He's a bit handy with a spanner and was constantly breaking one, fixing another, changing parts over.

Think he's down to 5 now...

Not the most reliable jap car, but defo a good drive. Feels much lighter then the zed as well.

My only advice - get a fresh import that hasn't had ANY mods done. Always best to start with a clean slate with the FD3's.

Basically with the 13B engine is a little fickle. But if looked after it's solid. The thing is, people go adding all sorts of mods to the car because they want power without thinking of the effects on the engine. Even adding a large bore exhaust to a RX7 can cause problems as the rotary needs a certain amount of back pressure.

Get a clean one, do your research, and you will be fine. I'd recommend either Torque GT or JM Imports :thumbs:

Make sure it's had a compression test too with healthy numbers.

one of my neighbours had 7 rx7s... yes really! LOL

He's a bit handy with a spanner and was constantly breaking one, fixing another, changing parts over.

Think he's down to 5 now...

Not the most reliable jap car, but defo a good drive. Feels much lighter then the zed as well.

Sounds like the zed shed

I really like everything about that car apart from the square rear quarter panel. its such a sexy car to begin with I don't understand why folk like the squareness fast and furious style. each to their own of course. apart from that its a lovely car

+1 makes it look like a kit car. Apart from that it's nice