My Supra

Ian

Looking forward to seeing them. You coming along to the grasshopper meet next month?

Probably not, its a bit far for me :(

Just seen this, if you were in Solihull why didn't you stop by?

Love the supra, excellent spec. Great colour and won't need much modifying :lol:

Didn't think to let you know I was coming up :blush:

Theres a few bits & pieces I want to do to it :) Gonna change the front end for a Ridox bumper & swap the cheapy prosport gauges for some defis - apart from that I'm pretty happy with it & theres not a lot to do to it .

I love it but that is a lot of dollar man!

You said the same thing about the R34 :lol:

It should hold its value quite well over the next few years, manual TTs are pretty rare. I think I will be keeping this for a while though, I've not been this excited about a new car since I bought my first Z :teeth: Gives me the same kind of thrill that my Z used to aswell :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

P1011299Custom_zpsece0112f.jpg

P1011309Custom_zpse2e89c2c.jpg

P1011311Custom_zpsac7c8f51.jpg

I've got a few things planned for this year for it

Defi gauges (Boost, Oil Temp & oil pressure) seeing as the current oil temp gauge thinks my oil is at 150 degrees :blink:

HKS AFK (Have had this in my 350Z & my R34 and is now going in the Supra)

Pioneer F940BT head Unit

Pioneer GM-6500F Amplifier

Pioneer TS-WX77A Amplified Subwoofer (all the audio stuff was bought when I was originally getting a stock car :blush:

Dash panels are getting carbon dipped (Winter project)

Apexi power intake

Ridox front bumper. (Winter Project)

I've now started sorting out the audio equipment & wiring in the gauges & the interior is currently looking like

IMG_0530_zps4df0b7f7.jpg

:scare: Hopefully will have it all sorted by next weekend.

Next year I am planning on cams, Bigger injectors & a Syvecs & hopefully hitting 500hp :teeth:

Edited by Ian

Nice Soop Ian. B) Lots of nice mods as well.

Not a lover of the front bumper to be honest, but I always preferred the OEM front but with the active spoiler permanently down.

Don't worry about the mileage, they are pretty much bullet proof at that power level. When I sold mine it had done 150k and still going strong....and it wasn't driven gently :teeth:

I do miss my BPU TT6 and its 'kick in the back' power delivery, but was just time for a change. I would definitely consider another one at some point though!

:thumbs:

One thing I would like to know about supras is thy have mad street credit and they are silly fast plus the engines can take a lot. But what are they like to drive? Are they quite bargey on a b road? Or do they hide their weight like the zed but with more power to boot it up the road faster?

They do hide it pretty well really and handle surprisingly well for their size. Although they aren't as big as you think they just look it due to the huge bonnet.

The UK ones in standard form are a bit soft, but are by no means 'bargey'. They also have very good brakes.

The J-spec ones have smaller brakes but slightly firmer suspension.

A TT6 (twin Turbo 6-speed manual) with UK brakes, a set of springs and shocks, good rubber and a proper geo set-up is surprisingly good in the twisties.

Sam - I'm not a huge fan of the bumper either plus where it's been smoothed its starting to crack so I'm gonna get the Ridox bumper with CF lip :)

I find it a lot like a Z to drive, I can see why so many people go from Supra to Z.

She looks lovely Ian, I took Mike's out for a drive the other day to charge up the battery as he's still on crutches, although I love my zed, you can't be the rush of the turbos kicking in, he asked me if I would trade my zed in for one ... my answer was "why when I have yours?" lol You never know, a 350z / 2JZ conversion may be on the cards lol

She looks lovely Ian, I took Mike's out for a drive the other day to charge up the battery as he's still on crutches, although I love my zed, you can't be the rush of the turbos kicking in, he asked me if I would trade my zed in for one ... my answer was "why when I have yours?" lol You never know, a 350z / 2JZ conversion may be on the cards lol

:lol: you have the best of both worlds :) The deal for this car very nearly fell through a few days before I bought it - if that happened then I'd have done the 2JZ/V8 Z :D

I've seen this Supra in the past, always liked it! I had the same rear bumper on my TT :) as above, good call on changing the front bumper as its doesn't quite work with the rest. I am a little jealous :)

Yeah I think the Ridox front will finish it nicely, still debating whether it needs a wing or not. Think I might buy a 2nd hatch & fit a wing so I can switch between the 2 :lol:

Ian, that is a stunning car, you've got yourself a beauty there my friend

Thanks Struan, we rneed to catch up soon :thumbs:

Will be easier for me to make meets now that I no longer work weekends :teeth:

The OEM one actually does quite a lot. I can't remember exactly but its something like 75kg at 100mph! It really makes a difference when cornering at high speed. As does the front active spoiler as it counter acts the massive rear wing at high speed.

Removal is purely cosmetic, or to achieve higher top speed due to less drag. Although with both OEM rear wing and active front spoiler fitted to mine I easily managed 175mph on a runway that was about a mile long (entering the runway doing about about 50-60)

The OEM one actually does quite a lot. I can't remember exactly but its something like 75kg at 100mph! It really makes a difference when cornering at high speed. As does the front active spoiler as it counter acts the massive rear wing at high speed.

Removal is purely cosmetic, or to achieve higher top speed due to less drag. Although with both OEM rear wing and active front spoiler fitted to mine I easily managed 175mph on a runway that was about a mile long (entering the runway doing about about 50-60)

Wow crazy fast. Would it not be a little floaty with those speeds with no downforce? As in if you done away with the spoilers.

Plus I always think the supra shape needs the spoiler it just looks right.

• 2 weeks later...

update time :)

Been busy in the nights for the last week or 2 stripping out all the old wiring (loads of wires hidden away not going anywhere :thumbdown: ) & removing the old audio and gauges.

Defi Gauges (Boost, Oil Temp & Oil Pressure)

HKS AFK is installed (LCD not on display yet because of a dodgy cable :bang: )

Pioneer F940BT fitted

Pioneer big assed amp/sub fitted :lol: (Thanks for the advice SMD ;))

P1011360Custom_zps28f63088.jpg

P1011361Custom_zps3c053166.jpg

P1011324Custom_zpsbaa58605.jpg

P1011325Custom_zps65fd67cb.jpg

P1011318Custom_zps4ec130c6.jpg

I also fitted an Apexi filter

P1011314Custom_zps6ad5e80b.jpg

And then today gave her a bit of a wash ;)

P1011341Custom_zps3a71382d.jpg

P1011362Custom_zps0a3eaa55.jpg

P1011365Custom_zps2e3f828f.jpg

P1011342Custom_zpsec4300d7.jpg

Thats pretty much it now until Winter :) Just need to sort out my HKS gauge & tidy up the wiring in the engine a little bit.

Winter plans

Wheel refurb - Tempted to go all black or GM on them, polished lips are a bitch to keep clean - I knew there was a reason I'd never had polished wheels before :p

Ridox front bumper & CF lip

Dash either carbon dipped or wrapped in Alcantara

Still not convinced on the rear either - Tempted to get a stock bumper & fit a Top Secret Diffuser.

If I have enough left over then Cams (although the car may already have aftermarket cams according to some people), Injectors & a remap :drive1

Edited by Ian