Xbox One discussion

neo

Shame that because of people stuck in the past, we've now lost the ability to share with 10 other people digitally :( That was a great idea, just a shame the market isn't ready for it yet.

Also, no region lock!

Gamestop US have sold out of their allocation of XB1.

Trouble is it's all very well and good saying they've sold out, which makes it looks like demand is there, but if they've only been allocated very small numbers of the SKU in the first place then it's irrelevant.

Gamestop US have sold out of their allocation of XB1.

Trouble is it's all very well and good saying they've sold out, which makes it looks like demand is there, but if they've only been allocated very small numbers of the SKU in the first place then it's irrelevant.

True, I guess it's all marketing. I remember the Wii being basically impossible to get unless you had per ordered or were willing to wait until after the new year, caused loads of hype and sold millions.

• 1 month later...

Had one on preorder as soon as you could. Looking forward to it but having to lay out money on peripherals such as play and charge kits is a bit of a pain especially as I have several for the 360 already.

Also not sure about kinect 2 , always thought it a bit of a gimic and as the console will be going into my *ahem* office it's not likely to get any use. Just hope you don't have to have it connected all the time

Thanks, useful to know. Will obviously try it but doubt the motion side will be of any real use to me. Admittedly the voice side could be interesting though. Just hope it doesn't stop me playing for using profanity every time I crash/die :)

The voice side is the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Not necessarily for me, but if it can work with Sky and other media sources it would make the whole system much friendlier for the other half to use.

Project Spark is capable of motion capture via Kinect, now that really is something promising. :)