Xbox One discussion

neo

Thats because you are:

a ) not a student

b ) don't live in a rural area.

Students have internet. Even a home in the country can get dial-up, but I'm guessing that if you can't get reliable internet then a games console probably isn't going to be high on your list of things to buy.

I still don't see it being an issue for 99% of prospective purchasers.

:lol:

I think it's a fair price for what is an incredibly advanced piece of kit, providing they can make it do everything in the UK that it will in the US. If not, then it's about £80 too dear. ;)

I jest, I reckon anything around the £400 mark would've been fine for either of the two consoles. Personally I'd like to have seen MS be brave enough to do a subs + cash model, maybe £200 and then signing up to XBL for X years.

After seeing the ps4 e3 display and the pricing, then I'm almost certain I'll be going with PS4 this time, well from launch anyway, may get an Xbox after they drop the price to catch up on forza or halo.

There are adapters available that allow you to use a 360 controller in a ps3 and vice versa, so I see no reason why they will not be available for the next gen a couple of months after launch.

The hardware in the ps4 lends itself to gaming. The hardware in the Xbox leans toward multitasking. I want my games console for gaming. What MS have produced with the Xbox one is very impressive, but for what it provides in terms of a single box solution, it gives up in daft restrictions on second hand games and signing in every 24 hours. I've had duff internet for a few days here and there, I've taken the Xbox to places like centre parks and am likely to again when lewis is in bed for 7pm. If I can't get in and play my single player games because I've had the bare faced cheek not to sign into Microsoft for 24 hours then its more than annoying.

If I have a DVD player and a DVD, I can stick the disc in the machine and watch it. I don't have to connect to universal studios to ask them if I can watch the film I paid for yesterday.

If I have a music CD, I can stick it in the CD player and listen to it without having to ask EMI if its ok to listen to the CD again today.

If I have a games console and a game, I expect to be able to stick the disc in and start playing a game.

I've had an Xbox in both guises for over ten years now, and never had a PlayStation since the ps1. However with Microsoft's shift toward wanting to have the Xbox be a jack of all trades and master of f'all, I'll not be getting an Xbox one on launch day. Sad really. All those xp points and achievements. :(

I agree about the 2nd hand games though. Unless you was jtagged then everyone had to pay for Xbox arcade and indie games.

didnt battlefield 3 have this pay system from EA games? i'm sure i bought a 2nd hand game, and then had to pay i think it was £4 to unlock it once it was on my xbox. if its a sysatem like that then i don't think it will kill the 2nd hand market for xbox games.

its a shame it won;t read old games, as this means you have to sell all your old games. is it the same on PS4?

£400+ for a games console, another £40-50 for games, and having to pay extra for Xbox live...no thanks. It may just be me getting old but neither my 360 or PS3 have even been switched on once in the last 6 months, my iPad/iPhone has taken over game playing duities nicely. Infact I've not had to pay a single £ to play RealRacing 3 on iOS, Microsoft is mad expecting people to spend £500 on a games consle at a time when money is tight for everyone, make the PS4 looks like a bargin in comparison!!

Edited by gangzoom

£400+ for a games console, another £40-50 for games, and having to pay extra for Xbox live...no thanks. It may just be me getting old but neither my 360 or PS3 have even been switched on once in the last 6 months, my iPad/iPhone has taken over game playing duities nicely. Infact I've not had to pay a single £ to play RealRacing 3 on iOS, Microsoft is mad expecting people to spend £500 on a games consle at a time when money is tight for everyone, make the PS4 looks like a bargin in comparison!!

sony are also introducing a simlar system to xbox live so you will have to pay to play multiplayer.

@ Chesterfield

I read that the xp points are being scrapped for something new