Xbox One discussion

neo

Buy a ps4 nuff said

thats about as useful as me saying buy a porsche 911 nuff said

i dont want a ps4 i want to see what the xbox does as although more expnesive i'm actually interested in the fact that its more a mulitmedia centre than a games rig.

Buy a ps4 nuff said

I do the odd bit of freelance games journalism and get constantly frustrated by the same old debates plaguing ever forum and conversation. If it's not COD vs BF it's Xbox vs PS. Please don't drag this conversation into the pits of console debate; the title clearly states that this thread is to discuss the Xbox One pricing.

On a lighter note, next time you read a news story about the Xbox One, drop the word Xbox from the title, e.g.

"One does not require Kinect to function" or "One was misjudged by the internet"

Agreed.

First of all I got annoyed by the PS4 fanbois calling it the Xbone as an insult. That kind of lazy insulting grinds my gears, so I decided from that point on that I too would call it the Xbone, and take the name back and use it with pride. B)

Whichever is the better console is irrelevant. I don't play console, I play games, and I'll buy the console with the best games on for me. PS3 is a better console than the 360 technically, but I still bought the 360 first. PS2 over DC, and PS1 over Saturn, but I bought the latter console first in both cases.

Oddly enough, stupidity is one of the things that does annoy me, you are quite correct. I feel a surge of anger whenever I see a post that has no redeeming content whatsoever, and this anger flows towards my fingertips like a warm shot of heroin in a junkie's vein, and finally this anger is sprouted on the page by way of the Keyboard Of Wrath.

Also, your full stop key appears to be broken.

Oddly enough, stupidity is one of the things that does annoy me, you are quite correct. I feel a surge of anger whenever I see a post that has no redeeming content whatsoever, and this anger flows towards my fingertips like a warm shot of heroin in a junkie's vein, and finally this anger is sprouted on the page by way of the Keyboard Of Wrath.

Also, your full stop key appears to be broken.

Been reading your own posts again?

Regular_show_woooaaaahhhh_gif_by_wolfiepowers-d51vn77.gif

I have both of the current gen. I preordered the ps3 as soon as I could but I only got an xbox360 as friends were raving about it and the ps3 had been delayed so walked into game station and bought one one lunchtime. Both machines were actually replaced less than a year after purchase due to faults but their replacements haven't missed a beat.

Love both machines as each have their own merits and fantastic exclusives but to me the online side of the 360 just edged that generation.

I'd love to have both day one this generation but I can't justify it so I've plumped for the one as again I know what to expect from Live.

I'm hoping this gen is a good one which ever console you choose.

I think it'll be superb, as both machines are nigh-on identical so should make programming for them equally a piece of cake. I can't see either console coming out as a 'winner', as MS don't care about Japan (mainly because no-one there cares about them!) and Sony always use the Japan figures to bump up their relatively poor showing in the US. It'll be neck and neck through the next five years, as people are now committed to either their GS or their Trophys, and that makes people stick with one brand more than any one exclusive.

• 2 months later...

BF4 also runs at a lower res on XB1 than PS4, however to my eyes (due to the washed out colours on the PS4), the XB1 actually looks better:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

Technically I've no doubt it's slightly inferior across the board (DF have tested this), but as long as the games still look amazing then I'm happy enough. I wonder if the rumours of a poor MS software dev kit could be the cause here? I don't believe for one second it's purely a hardware issue, comparing Forza 5 with something like Drive Club.

What I find interesting in that article is the comments about external storage and DLNA, it's almost a reverse of where sony positioned the PS3 and MS the 360.

I've plumped for XBOXOne day one this time mainly due to it being the console of choice for friends who play online. I will pick up a PS4 down the line though.

Can't wait, good gaming times ahead for whichever console you choose :)

Can't wait now, I've booked days off work an all for the Xbox One.

I've got a Day One console with FIFA 14, Forza 5 and B4 coming.

I was always going to get a Xbox over a PS4 I had one from launch on the current gen and have played over 165 different disc based games according to my stats. Funny when you read it like that.

I got early entry tickets to Eurogamer this year at Earl's Court in September where I've played both consoles and some of the upcoming games.

The rumble triggers on the Xbox pad are immense, they weren't activated for CoD though so I played it with Forza, I was getting brake fade, traction feedback the lot, all through individual triggers, very good stuff.

Also, just thought I'd mention, I think that's it's a shame that all the Sony fanboys kicked up such a stink about the original Xbox One policy's that Microsoft changed them.

So because of that, the actual people that were going to buy an Xbox and were looking forward to the new generation and services get the current generations policies instead.

Great.

not much in it I reckon. Slight difference in contrast but I think the xbox looks better for it. The PS4 looks a bit softer.

Also a xbox one from day one.

I also like to play films from an external drive which I currently do on my xbox. Something that the PS4 cant