Xbox One discussion

neo

Went into Game at weekend and asked young guy on shop floor about the new facility that if you pay in full 2 days early your guaranteed the X1 for launch, he went and asked manager and said that is only available for pre-orders, so I asked if I go pay for a pre-order will I be able to do it and he said yes.

So I strolls up to the counter and says the same thing, guy doesn't know what I am talking about so goes and speaks to manager, comes out and says it's only available for phase one pre-orders only, so I replied isn't that a bit pointless since phase one pre-orders should have been guaranteed for launch day only and was only met with a shrug of the shoulders.

So i walked out very unhappy at the service level.

The manager has misunderstood the promotion.

All Day One pre-orders are guaranteed, regardless of when you pick them up that day (although I assume there's some leeway in that, like maybe the weekend). The pre-pay option is so you can get the console quicker on the launch night, instead of queuing and faffing with trade-ins and whatnot. It's a time-saver, nothing else.

Yeah, I ordered my Xbox One in May, Online with Game, nailed down for launch day.

When the Day One Edition consoles were announced, Game automatically updated my order to a Day One version.

When this new pick up ealry at the stores thing was announced I contcated Game and asked if I could transfer my Day One order online to a store and collect from there at midnight or whatever.

He said no and explained that they offer to seperate services, one online and one in store, it made sense and was understandable, so I'll have to wait for postie.

Can't wait, lol.

I avoid Game now for all purchases.

I attended the midnight launch of MW3 having paid my £10 deposit a couple of months in advance. I went for the Hardened Edition because I like the steel books and other little extras, so it was listed at £90, bit steep, but whatever. After my pre order was placed in store, the website lowered the price to £80, but the store was still the same price and refused to give the £10 back until after the game was launched.

That annoyed me enough but still wanted that 0 hour game play so I didn't get off to a disadvantage with the clan. So, queued up, bought the game, got home about 1.30am to find it didn't work. So I had to jump into the car and race over to the store again, hoping it was still opened. Shutters were on their way down when I got there, combat rolled under them like Indiana Jones and got it exchanged.

The game not working wasn't there fault and combat rolling into a store at 2am was kind of fun, but charging different prices online and in store is a joke and I'll be buying my games from Tesco, Asda or where ever happens to have the best deal from now on.

Speaking of which, where has the best deal for GT6 at the moment :p

So my mate text me saying that he just recieved an email from Game requesting full payment for his Xbox One Day One edition console.

I've got nothing yet but I'm braced for it.

Makes no difference to me really, as I have cash in my account, in fact, I'd prefer them to take it now to be honest, rules out the cahnce of me spendin it, lol.

Interesting, I'll keep an eye out for an email. Did he pre-order on-line or in-store?

I buy all my important stuff in-store now, just to be 100% sure I've got it.

Yeah, I keep checking mine too.

It was online.

Under further investigation, it's transpires that he used PayPal to pay his deposit for some reason and it's stated in his email from Game that 'due to paying your deposit via PayPal..' so maybe it's because he used PayPal to pay it comes under different regs or something, not sure but that would explain why no one else that I know of has been asked for full payment.

In all the years I've been using Game online they've never let me down.

Yet.

If they decide to go all lax on me now, heads will roll.

Edited by Suits

Under further investigation, it's transpires that he used PayPal to pay his deposit for some reason and it's stated in his email from Game that 'due to paying your deposit via PayPal..' so maybe it's because he used PayPal to pay it comes under different regs or something, not sure but that would explain why no one else that I know of has been asked for full payment.

I don't believe Game would be able to take the remainder of the amount via paypal as they have no advance payment options so he'd have to pay the rest manually. If you paid by credit or debit card they can probably take the remainder of the amount without you having to do anything.

I don't believe Game would be able to take the remainder of the amount via paypal as they have no advance payment options so he'd have to pay the rest manually. If you paid by credit or debit card they can probably take the remainder of the amount without you having to do anything.

Yes, that's right, they can't.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, or miss typed it.

They've emailed him requesting that he makes the rest of the payment, not that they'll take it.

It's because he paid his deposit by PayPal.

Reminds me, Tesco have already taken card payments for the PS4 if anyone preordered with them too. I wonder if the distributor of these consoles is trying to get their money in quick? Or maybe they're all trying to get rid of the ones who have bought loads to shift on eBay?

Spoke to my local Game shop earlier. I'm off down there tomorrow to finalise my Xbone pre-order. Going to take all my 360 games that I'm never going to play ever again with me and chop them in, even if I only get a couple of quid for them. Apparently you can't pay for the console itself yet, only two days beforehand, but everything else can be sorted and done, including games and accessories.

It's going to cost me an absolute fortune :lol:

I'm all sorted now, did my trade ins and packages today.

Am going for FIFA, Forza, DR3, Marvel LSH and Ryse, along with another controller, charge pack, and a stand for the Kinect. Managed to get over £140 for 40 games on trade in so that softened the blow somewhat, but still not a cheap purchase. Excited now though :D

Had a little play with Forza on the Xbox one this afternoon whilst my wife was doing some shopping (on Holiday in NewYork).

Bad points included just how ugly and big the unit is, but actually that really doesn't matter because it'll be hidden away most of the time. The graphics on Forza are noticeably better than the current gen, but less of a step up than I expected and still a long long way off been any where near photorealistic.

Plenty of good points though, the controller is lovely and better than controller I used before, that combined with better processing power meant the handling of the cars in Forza felt fab...you could really 'feel' under/over steer with just the normal controller. Even though the overall graphics didn't blow me away the actually car models are very detailed. But the best thing is though in the US the price of the unit is $500. The guys at the store weren't sure if the units in the US were region locked but I may well be tempted to pick one up next time I'm in the states, unfortunately I'm leaving the States before launch day :(

Edited by gangzoom

I will be watching all you guys rushing out to buy it on day zero and then when some decent games come out and the price comes down I will consider it.... Oh and don't say the price WON'T come down because it will once the have milked every last bean out of you fools that have to have anything new as soon as it appears :p

Until then I will play F1 on my PC which will still look better than the XBox One ever will :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

I will be watching all you guys rushing out to buy it on day zero and then when some decent games come out and the price comes down I will consider it.... Oh and don't say the price WON'T come down because it will once the have milked every last bean out of you fools that have to have anything new as soon as it appears :p

Until then I will play F1 on my PC which will still look better than the XBox One ever will :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Cool.

We won't be thinking of you when we're hot lapping Forza 5 on launch day.

Sorry if it was mentioned earlier on in the thread (did look but couldn't see this point) but am I right that the xbox one will have some games in 720p where as the ps4 will have them in higher resolutions like 1080p?

Not getting either yet till after Xmas but will be interesting to see how it all pans out once both consoles have been out a while.