Xbox One discussion

neo

Great, thanks.

Edge are normally pretty reliable, so I'll go with that. It's also not remotely surprising, as the same publishers would've spoken to both MS and Sony about this early in the development cycle.

Depends who has more clout. If publishers want to shift games, then they may have their hands forced by the console manufacturers saying how they want the game to perform.

Piracy on the console market is rather minor as far as I'm aware, given the way consoles are banned from online networks when chipped etc. There did not seem to be that bigger issue with the market surviving when games could be copied on a tape to tape dubber.

It sounds as though there is more to come out of the woodwork on the DRM issue for both consoles, but looking at hardware specs alone, the PS4 has the edge in pure games playing ability IMHO. If, and its a big if, the Xbox one does work with our UK broadband and TV systems then it could be a better all round device, but out of the starting blocks my bet is on the PS4.

I read another just after posting that, the Microsoft dude said if you have no internet then have a 360 not a one. Also read that Xbox live won't be available in all countries at launch.

Imagine buying/bring bought one only to not be able to play your new games lol.

I'll be preordering the day one console thus weekend when I go chop my ps3 in, I was hanging around before deciding hoping there would be something making me want a ps4 instead but there hasn't been.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just read a bit more about this DRM issue and how Sony may have been using PR smoke and mirrors.

It appears that what they mean is "Sony won't have any DRM restricting used games, but the publishers may choose to do so...."

That means if they wish to, the publishers could implement a system like EA chose to. A practice they have recently withdrawn as "gamers didn't respond to it very well"..

Seems fair enough.

Truth be told though the PS3 was always a better console than the 360 too, given the power advantage, BD and free online stuff. Didn't stop the masses buying the 360 in equal numbers.

Well after all is said and done, even though I think the PS4 may win out in the long run with its greater potential for graphics, I love Forza, and as I already have a live membership then that's another few quid saved against buying the Sony. Also, I can't stand the PS controllers. They truly are horrible.

So, Xbox one with Forza and COD ordered today.

If it turns out PS4 is the better console for gaming when real world side by side comparisons are made, then at least I'm only into the Xbox one for a single Xbox exclusive title and COD which I'll play anyway.

• Like 1

I asked in game if they will be doing bundles. He said yes but if you order what you want so you don't miss out,then if it turns out to be a bundle deal you just pay that instead. Won't know til nearer the time though. Even told me to keep hold of my ps3 for now as they are sure I'll get a better trade in nearer the time too

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lol they would say that! Everyone will do the same, so they'll have loads of consoles to sell and will need to buy them cheap to ensure they don't lose out.

I mean, clearly it's a well known fact that when a new console is released, everyone buys the old one. :lol:

Edited by Ekona

Lol they would say that! Everyone will do the same, so they'll have loads of consoles to sell and will need to buy them cheap to ensure they don't lose out.

I mean, clearly it's a well known fact that when a new console is released, everyone buys the old one. :lol:

I resemble that remark.

Well after all is said and done, even though I think the PS4 may win out in the long run with its greater potential for graphics, I love Forza, and as I already have a live membership then that's another few quid saved against buying the Sony. Also, I can't stand the PS controllers. They truly are horrible.

So, Xbox one with Forza and COD ordered today.

If it turns out PS4 is the better console for gaming when real world side by side comparisons are made, then at least I'm only into the Xbox one for a single Xbox exclusive title and COD which I'll play anyway.

Ordered the xbox one: day one addition with battlefield 4 and cod.

Interestingly I've seen a lot more people say that they're going to buy the PS4 than the XB1, but more folks have actually put their money where their mouth is and pre-ordered the Xbox.

I've also noticed that the XB1 threads on various forums are aroubnd 10x bigger than the PS4 threads. Granted, it's mostly complaining, but how does the saying about publicity go again?

it looks like Microsoft have reversed their decision to use a DRM and restriction to game sharing, seems a bit embarrassing to do this a week after E3,

They must have taken a pumping in the pre orders to the PS4

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/19/microsoft-may-reverse-xbox-one-drm-policies/

Edited by 350 Russ