Not a good day

squanchy

So, got home from offshore to discover that my car has been totally keyed to f*ck. Almost every panel. Not so good.

The panels that haven't been affected - the front bumper, front quarters and so stone chipped anyway that I'm pretty much looking at a full respray!

Not sure if it's worth going through insurance, been quoted a pretty good price by my Dad's mate for the full respray. Plus no claims/premium won't be affected...

Anyone else been through this before?

IMG_0008_zps1784cc06.jpg

IMG_0007_zps54af5141.jpg

IMG_0006_zpsdb77e4dd.jpg

IMG_0005_zps09dd6131.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsa4b04807.jpg

IMG_0003_zps0ad7110e.jpg

IMG_0002_zps8c43a83b.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsc5c870e2.jpg

So who was she, and did you not know she had a boyfriend? ;)

Sorry mate, not funny. I'd be tempted to just get it done outside of insurance as well, unless you think that losing some NCB (if protected) will be cheaper long term.

Was any other cars done?? If not then seems quite specific....not a simple "scratch" as we go past thing. Someone you know? or holds a grudge?

You'd prob better getting it done yourself rather than insurance - esp if you can get it cheap. The insurance will just try and wangle on getting out of painting this bit and that....

Good luck, on both paint and finding the little f**ker who did it.

Bloody hell that is awful. :dry:

Looks to me like kids, noting the lower one on on the rear valence, and is that and the one above the rear number plate perhaps some kind of signature - in which case worth asking the local police, who you should report it too, if they might know the culprit(s)?

Some insurances eg Direct Line, cover vandalism without affecting your No Claims - worth checking your Insurance small print maybe?

As said above looks like your car was targeted rather than random feel for you hate this sort off thing had my golf done two weeks after I had it new found out someone who was saked thought it was the md one and done mine

It's definitely not anyone I know! Live in a pretty nice area, we're in a flat on the street, but the rest of the houses are all massive mansions. So it's pretty bad for little minks coming down and trying house doors/car doors and for vandalism.

Spoke to the Police. Not really anything they can do, no other cars were targeted. The fact that someone's badly attempted to copy the Z logo on the back bumper suggests to me that it's just jealous little kids who didn't like the fact someone had a nice car with funcy alloys on it.

Not going to bother with insurance, not worth the hassle of losing no claims and all the effort involved trying to get a settlement. They also would only be looking to do the keyed panels as opposed to all the stonechipped ones as well.

Just going to get a full respray in the same colour, so it'll only have to be the exterior done. Not as much work. He says he'll take both bumpers and bonnet off and do them seperately then just cover windows etc to do the rest, for £1500.

To be honest, the bodywork/paint wasn't in that great a condition beforehand, so I probably would have looking to get it resprayed at some point anyway. This has just kind of forced my hand!

Squanchy mate, i feel for you. Weve all been kids and got up to no good, but I cant understand how some little sh*t has done this. I hope you get it sorted and pray that somehow you find out who done it. Lets hope their familly have a nice car and it happens to them. Jonny

Jesus that's a right going over. I don't know what I'd do if I caught someone doing that. I'm absolutely screwing about what appears to be a small animal related scratch on my bonnet. When it's done, sit and wait all night long with a chainsaw, see if they dare return.

Not cool at all, was this in Aberdeen?

Actually I just answered my own question :)

If it helps at all mate which I doubt it will, I stopped by your car last Thursday to admire your wheels as I was driving down your street. There was definately no scratch marks on it at that point.

Looks to me like some drunken knobs. I used to stay in Watson street and on more than one occasion I caught some 18+ drunken arseholes walking down the street kicking off wing mirrors and booting in doors for nothing more than drunken fun!