BYE BYE SIR ALEX FERGUSON!

HassanZ

He has been the manager of Man U since before I was born, it really does feel like the end of an era.

Also, how the f, would you go about filling his shoes?

Might as well start a vote,

Moyes or Mourinho,

you can add others in of course.

My choice, would be Mourinho but mainly because I love his character and want him to be in the premier league. I think that Manchester United will pick Moyes. Mourinho will have to settle with Chelsea.

I think moyes is the right choice. Loyal servant, respected by players and other managers and probably even the press! Ticks the boxes really

Just wonder how he'd cope having actual money to spend!

Mourinho would be a brilliant posting but I just can't see him staying for the long haul. Benitez's comments pretty much confirmed where he is going.

I think mourinho would prefer Man U, he has moaned before about Chelsea's frequent management shifts. But as you say, Moyes has so many things going for him that Man U would want, most prominently the "no man is bigger than the club" belief.

Which Mourinho would struggle with as he wants his club to be known as Mourinho's FC.

Another upside to Moyes is the spending I think, try name a bad signing for Everton over the past few years. Ye, he's not bought the best players but the ones he has bought have been well worth the money.

Yes but what car did he drive?

More important what car does Mourinho drive?

:lol:

Sorry I don't follow football :blush:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Amusing to see the Liverpool fans spouting off about how he was "lucky" and stuff ......... yeah, 49 trophies in 26 years is always just down to luck :lol:

Might well be the greatest manager ever, my cap is doffed. :)

Prior to switiching off football, my team was MU... all I can say is that Fergie's position as manager is one that nobody else can truly completely fill. My personal pick would be for Mourinho but as you say, having him for the long haul would not be something I'd bank on!

I think Mourinho himself would prefer to fill the MU manager role... especially considering his honourable reactions after the MU- RM fiasco earlier this season. Judging by how he acted after that, I'd say he wants to replace Sir Alex. This might be why Fergie has retired at this time (just after Benitez spilled the beans on the Mourinho - Chelsea connection talks).

Best manager in lifetime, I've no doubt about that. Absolute legend, and deserves a send off in whatever way he chooses.

+1 :thumbs:

What Sir Alex has achieved is quite exceptional B)

My claim to fame- I was born in the same hospital as him lol

When guardiola left barca I thought he could return to football at the same time as fergie leaving but his names not been mentioned yet

I dont really support a team, I like to watch good football.

What worries me, is that maybe the reason's I enjoy watching Man U will disappear.

Will Manchester United ever be as resilient?

Will they score as many late goals?

Will they still play with as much style and confidence?

I think that we are facing 2/3 years of Manchester United failing to do all of the above.

As for pep. he is going to Munich in the summer, to prove again that if you give him a world beating side, he is capable of maintaining that tallent for some years, until others catch him up.

i personally think david moyes is not the right man for the job, its come one job too soon for him. i personally think there is only 2 men that can carry on from where fergie will leave. 1. Mourinho 2. Klopp

For the last 4-5 years moyes has stagnated at Everton due to minimal funds to take them to the next level. His record against the big boys is poor too, and has little to no experience in europe.

I think he will struggle to implement a style in the team that all the players will take to, and lets face it, with fergie as a director the pressure will be on big time.

it will be just like mark hughes at city, a lot of draws not enough wins

I personally think Steve Kean should get the gig :D

Edited by 350 Russ

GOOD RIDANCE TO HIM, AND STOP CALLING HIM A SIR !!!!! HES A WINGING OLD **** WHO LOOKS AFTER OVERPAID SPOILT BRATS KICKING A BAG OF AIR ABOUT.

Hmm I'm no great football suporter but like to watch the odd match here and there. He is though the most successful manager of all time in any league in the world and think that deserves a Sir and a wee bit of respect.

Why do non football fans always feel the need to enter football threads to voice that they don't like football?

If I don't like a topic on here, I don't read it.

I hate rugby, maybe I should start clogging up the egg chasing threads saying how boring it is & how a bunch of men who like to touch each other seems like a pretty gay "sport" to me

• Like 4

How do you know you don't like a thread if you don't read it :stir: ;)

If the topic is clearly describing something I don't like then I don't read it ;)

Same as certain posters, would explain why my ignore list gets bigger by the day :lol:

• Like 1