Forum sale rules and ettiquette.

14N

I would say it should be done by the PM, as what most people state on the thread is PM'd which means they have already sent a PM offering to buy the item. Posting 'dibs' on to the thread doesn't say you are taking the item, just shows you want it.

What are 'dibs'?

Here you go :)

http://www.escouts.o...734-Dib-Dib-Dib :teeth:

Some of our modern day language also leaves me bemused - rather like when my sons used to come home and say that was "real bad" when it was actually very good which in more recent times has seemed to have the meaning its B) which nowadays (I think) it can also be "hot" :wacko:

"Dibs" I thought in recent times meant first refusal please, but seems from some of the comments "its mine so get your hands off" :lol:

Hence why a pm with an offer as far I am concerned will always be my first choice whether buying of selling :shrug:

Thank you. My time as a boy scout is far behind me now so that must be why I have er, forgotten the meaning of the word :lol: I sort of knew what it meant but I think we used to use a different dialect word in Leicestershire to mean the same thing, namely 'baggsy' ;)

Neither. It's whoever the seller wants to sell to.

I'd sell to the person who offered me more, or the person I feel is more likely to pay. For example, I'd rather sell to you Ian than random bloke, even if they technically got there first.

If you must have an answer out of me, all else being equal then I'd sell to the person who actually PM'd first.

I thought we were all forum members and not just randoms but least i know where i stand being a new member :surrender: Also thoughtt it was a for sale section and not an auction . Feel a little disappointed with the " I'd much rather sell to you remark " TBH as that just harks to PMs between mates even if some " random " has got there first . :thumbdown:

Most of us are 'members' of Ebay as well..........doesn't stop people putting a block on you bidding if you don't have more than X feedback.

In saying that just because you have 5000 posts doens't mean you aren't a complete ***** who'd screw someone over at a moments notice........just horses for courses.

I sort of knew what it meant but I think we used to use a different dialect word in Leicestershire to mean the same thing, namely 'baggsy' ;)

Yeah, the very similar word "baggs" was used around here too and in Cheshire/Merseyside.

Pete

Blimey, looks like I shouldn't have said anything! :lol:

It's the real world kids, let's not pretend otherwise. If random bloke offers to buy something off you but your best mate offers exactly the same thing, who are you going to go with? Exactly. Same thing here, I make no apologies for saying otherwise. That said, when I sold all the various bits off my Zed they went to the first people to put hard cash in my account (figuratively speaking), not just mates on here.

• Like 1

Blimey, looks like I shouldn't have said anything! :lol:

It's the real world kids, let's not pretend otherwise. If random bloke offers to buy something off you but your best mate offers exactly the same thing, who are you going to go with? Exactly. Same thing here, I make no apologies for saying otherwise. That said, when I sold all the various bits off my Zed they went to the first people to put hard cash in my account (figuratively speaking), not just mates on here.

Didn't actually think this was the real world but I'm an old git ;) if i sell to a mate i text/PM/ email or talk to him personally. If i sell on buy in an open forum i expect first come first served .

If I was the seller in this scenario, with two people PM'ing/posting their interest to buy at pretty much the same time, I'd flip a coin to decide the winner and explain the situation to both the winner and loser. :thumbs:

Of course if one of them lived local and could collect to save the faff of postage then I'd more than likely give them preference.

S.

You see a sale thread, you like the item, you call dibs...baggsy whatever, seller logs on see's interest either checks pm or sends pm saying are you still interested. Yes no. If yes item sells job done if no it goes to next on the list. That is the big open visible list on the forum. Personally I don't give a flying fk as I wasn't trying to buy it. People only care if they are the one who didn't get it. I'm happy as long as no one breaks the rule of shotgun .... that is all

• Like 1

Am I still safe to come to Wales 2013 now since everybody hates me, starting with HaydnH for stealing the Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust from under his nose and finishing with I4N for a silly strut bar? :lol:

:stir: :stir:

Let's just hope when you get out from the bar on the evening all the vinyl is still on your car and its not been peeled like a banana :lol:

Peelings hard work, big tub of liquid solvent cement and that stuff would roll off like melted cheese from a toastie. But I'd never do that, as it is someones pride and joy, and I'd never wish that on anyone. At the end of the day Adrian got there first. Its called life, and sometimes it deals you aces, and others it deals a crap shoot. Well done Adrian on getting in quick. Looks like the first round at the bar is on you. :thumbs:

You know what, I hate you all, since you made such a big fuss and started a proper thread because I bought something here, I had to spend time on my350z in US instead!

Because of that I ended up buying

SPL outer tie rods

SPL rear traction links

SPL rear camber links

SPL front and rear end links

But then again, they will work nicely with the SPL front camber arms that are arriving tomorrow...

:lol: