Dissapointed in Fellow Member !!!!!

flyboy

The other party has the chance to come on the forum and put his point of view forward at any time.

Its my choice that I haven't named the member.

But it isn't that hard to work out!

Those of you who have, please do not post the details unless I decide to.

Naming will only happen if no other solution is found to this and only to stop it happening to others.

How was it packaged by the way? Was it just chucked in a box with a single layer of bubble wrap or something?

2-ish layers of bubble and a black bin liner.

No other protection at all to the pipework which sticks out.

First time it was thrown into the back of a van -- Bingo ! -- bent pipes.

Sounds like a failure on the part of the seller i.e. inadequate packaging rather than the courier being at fault.

I may be ott but whenever I send anything I always take a pic before I post it or courier it for my own piece of mind and I also view it as still my property until it is delivered in one piece

• Like 2

When I have received damaged goods via courier I always take pics of the packaging. The seller will need them if they havent taken them before sending. For the seller to have a successful claim they need to prove that the packaging was appropriate to the contents to ensure no damage results from a reasonable amount of.handling.

When I have received damaged goods via courier I always take pics of the packaging. The seller will need them if they havent taken them before sending. For the seller to have a successful claim they need to prove that the packaging was appropriate to the contents to ensure no damage results from a reasonable amount of.handling.

Yes I should have sais I always take pics when stuff arrives :thumbs:

Pics before sending and on arrival is a bloody good idea which I never thought of! I'll get that added to my to-do list from now on :)

But on the more important note - I'm gutted for you and do feel the other party is being unfair. During the first few posts I read I felt that no one could really start blaming anyone - as others had stated we didn't all (including yourself) know the full story - he could have been ill, had a family issue, etc... in fact I've been in that very predicament a while ago when trying to sell a load of ebay items and I couldn't get to a computer nor wanted to as I had other pressing matters. As soon as the worst was over though I was back on it.

However now knowing communication has been received I think it's well bang out of order! I'm not quite sure how he can just pass it off surely some guilt or conscience should kick in? I know mine would! I agree name and shame only at the last point when all else doesn't work as it is the last real option and often just starts the downhill approach - often introducing the online pick-fork gang attack which doesn't often help much (but agreed everyone does feel better lol).

From the admin side, I totally understand their point - I'm the admin on another forum and it's really hard not to get involved but from another perspective getting involved as a company/entity can end up worse for that organisation - we don't provide any services for issues like this as our insurance would go sky high just for the risks.

Edited by Madhatter

OK I am getting somewhere at last

Member has offered a refund if I post the item back

I will pack securely in a box with lots of protection and send it back recorded delivery.

Photos of damage and packing will be taken before sending.

Unfortunately it won't be for two weeks as I am on holiday.

I will keep you informed.

Ttfn

OK I am getting somewhere at last

Member has offered a refund if I post the item back

I will pack securely in a box with lots of protection and send it back recorded delivery.

Photos of damage and packing will be taken before sending.

Unfortunately it won't be for two weeks as I am on holiday.

I will keep you informed.

Ttfn

I'd be inclined to send it Special D. Have a good holiday :)